Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The only thing more inaccurate than Hinkley being under-paid is him being over-scrutinised.

So Wilson's point is we should be paying Hinkley more and questioning him less?

GTFO.
I think Caroline's village is missing their idiot. If Ken was on a performance based contract, he'd be owing the club a considerable amount by now.

This was the kicker from that article - that someone in the AFL (our new GG) thought that competitive winning at all costs was a dangerous idea , seriously this is not kids sport where participation is valued over winning...from the article

"Almost a decade earlier, then AFL commissioner Sam Mostyn questioned whether the brutal and unforgiving win-loss environment was a sustainable working model for the majority and whether the competition’s governors could work to mitigate the game’s punishing narrative.

Mostyn’s views were philosophically cast aside, notably by AFL Commission chairman Mike Fitzpatrick, who remained wedded to the view that the game’s competitive ruthlessness was the whole point."

This was the kicker from that article - that someone in the AFL (our new GG) thought that competitive winning at all costs was a dangerous idea , seriously this is not kids sport where participation is valued over winning...from the article

"Almost a decade earlier, then AFL commissioner Sam Mostyn questioned whether the brutal and unforgiving win-loss environment was a sustainable working model for the majority and whether the competition’s governors could work to mitigate the game’s punishing narrative.

Mostyn’s views were philosophically cast aside, notably by AFL Commission chairman Mike Fitzpatrick, who remained wedded to the view that the game’s competitive ruthlessness was the whole point."

It's... Professional sports at the highest level. Not an everyone gets a medal school sports carnival

Jeepers Caro. The faker made a beeline to Sarah Jones, running faster than he ran away from the ball off the hbf for the Geelong Handbaggers. It was a deliberate act. Spare me the "poor Ken" beatitudes.
Wouldn’t surprise me if it was a strategic, pre planned scenario between him, Norton and Koch, with the broadcaster on condition we won.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought our list wasnt capable? Where are the list haters now?

Like clockwork...

Underperform so you can gradually lower expectations

Finally get some pressure

Have a win or two that looks good but means nothing because we cant produce it consistently while dick spinning about how good we are and how the "haters" are proved wrong

Go back to underperforming

Same way for 12 years

I thought our list wasnt capable? Where are the list haters now?

Like clockwork...

Underperform so you can gradually lower expectations

Finally get some pressure

Have a win or two that looks good but means nothing because we cant produce it consistently while dick spinning about how good we are and how the "haters" are proved wrong

Go back to underperforming

Same way for 12 years
But can they back it up next week - how can you have any faith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back