Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken the ultimate professional lol

www.afl.com.au

Port's 'toilet paper' moment helped turn the club around

What did Ken Hinkley do when he saw an empty toilet paper roll on the floor?

www.afl.com.au
www.afl.com.au

SOON after getting the gig as Port Adelaide coach, Ken Hinkley saw an empty toilet paper roll on the floor of the clubroom toilets.

He didn't see it as rubbish, but a sign of the decay eating at the AFL club.

If the player responsible couldn't be trusted to show respect to the cleaners, and the next person to use that toilet, could they be trusted on the field in the heat of battle?

So Hinkley summoned the players, demanded to know the culprit, then ordered all players show utmost respect.

"Just an absolute professional," Port's four-time club champion Kane Cornes says of Hinkley.

"Just everything he does, mate, he's an absolute pro."
Yeah lucky there’s no sign of any decay at the club now.

Sensible Option would be:

Hinkley sacked.
Carr to caretaker/audition
All potential applicants advised the dates of the recruitment process.
New coach and coaching team chosen before pre-season.

What will happen:
Hinkley allowed to carry on and he will quit in January, when its too late for any change and Carr will pick up the pieces, fail miserably, but be given a longer contract or trying.
Sadly I think this is spot on :-(

I boo'd during the 4th quarter of the GWS final last year when his head popped up on screen and some idiot in front of me told me to pull my head in. What do you think now buddy.
I didn't even bother attending finals as there is no point when you know the exact outcome, year in and year out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't help but feel in this latest saga that gossipy fish wife Carowhine Wilson has irrevocably damaged Josh Carr and his potential future senior coaching chances (not necessarily at the Port Adelaide Footy Club either)

For being so called concerned about Cuddly Ken's welfare and mental health well being, she and other Hinkley lovers/supporters in the media (and maybe within the inner sanctum at PAFC) have really thrown Carr under the bus these past 48 hours.

I know many of you are not (probably understandably) keen on Josh Carr as your next coach, but I definitely think he does have senior coach potential, even if not at Alberton, he is in a really *ed up position right now.

He probably got lied to/duped by the PAFC board and Kochie like the rest of you proud Port fans were.

I feel genuinely sorry for Carr, he probably wasn't the right choice to be your next coach (favourite sons/club champions very rarely succeed as flag coaches at the club they played for) but this whole crap with Stinkley and Caro and the other media snipers who back KH will possibly damage his ambitions to be a senior coach anywhere, which I think is absolutely disgusting..

Josh Carr I honestly feel is as big a victim of Ken Hinkley and your club's faceless board of incompetent crum bums, he definitely doesn't deserve to be tarred with the same brush as Kinkley.

I think it would be an low life move from Ken himself if he leaked the Josh Carr slander to Caro and Footy Assified media

Rucci potting Tredders already and it is obvious he has been prepped by Richo from his comments about what was and wasn't said between the two.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It just makes you remember how deep the parasite has burrowed into the club. It will take a lot to extract it.

It just makes you remember how deep the parasite has burrowed into the club. It will take a lot to extract it.

Son of a bitch is dug in like an Alabama tick

I can't help but feel in this latest saga that gossipy fish wife Carowhine Wilson has irrevocably damaged Josh Carr and his potential future senior coaching chances (not necessarily at the Port Adelaide Footy Club either)

For being so called concerned about Cuddly Ken's welfare and mental health well being, she and other Hinkley lovers/supporters in the media (and maybe within the inner sanctum at PAFC) have really thrown Carr under the bus these past 48 hours.

I know many of you are not (probably understandably) keen on Josh Carr as your next coach, but I definitely think he does have senior coach potential, even if not at Alberton, he is in a really *ed up position right now.

He probably got lied to/duped by the PAFC board and Kochie like the rest of you proud Port fans were.

I feel genuinely sorry for Carr, he probably wasn't the right choice to be your next coach (favourite sons/club champions very rarely succeed as flag coaches at the club they played for) but this whole crap with Stinkley and Caro and the other media snipers who back KH will possibly damage his ambitions to be a senior coach anywhere, which I think is absolutely disgusting..

Josh Carr I honestly feel is as big a victim of Ken Hinkley and your club's faceless board of incompetent crum bums, he definitely doesn't deserve to be tarred with the same brush as Kinkley.

I think it would be an low life move from Ken himself if he leaked the Josh Carr slander to Caro and Footy Assified media

I agree, I'm appalled at how Josh Carr has been dragged into the circling of the Hinkley apologist wagons and they have merrily assassinated his character as part of the defence strategy.

He is bleeding to death from a thousand cuts while the CE rings in to berate Tredrea for some off the cuff comment.

They're as weak as piss.

Donuts has never had this level of media scrutiny. He would be internally in all sorts.

And now he’s lost the players. Surely their minds would be elsewhere this week.

Add to that the rumours about Josh Carr being screwed over and that distracts our senior assistant too.

I’m calling it. The wheels are well and truly off - there won’t be any bounce back on-field. Saints to do us by 30 and then Bulldogs by 60. Donuts to part the week following.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back