Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 2030600

Ah yes. A negative Showdown record against the rancid bowl of dogsh¡t that is 2013-2024 Adelaide Crows and getting smashed by 12 goals in a Home Prelim by the Christmas Island Bulldogs is “squeezing the absolute best out of a group”.

He's right! We should sack Hinkley, drop down the ladder, pick up high draft picks and rebuild into a team capable of winning a flag!

Thanks, Rohan!

LMAO at Hoyne stitching Kane up on Cornes' own show.😂

"I'll never knock anyone for having a crack at anyone for trying to have success and do it in a way that you believe. And CLEARLY they believe their list is at a stage to have a crack at the moment."

But Ken and that other fraudster have said the list is no good and its not Ken's fault that the contested game plan isn't working?

Con artist Ken will blame everyone else and throw anyone under the bus (Schofield, Montgomery, Carr) as he insists on his boring and insipid contested game that ALWAYS gets found out when it counts.

Never Ken's fault - oh no, it's the players and assistants* who need to be betterer and work harderer.

*although strangely not the forwardline coach with his insipid record. Hmmm, I wonder why that is?

Apologies for the long post, I know I posted this many moons ago, but still just as relevant today in the hypocritical world of AFL media.

You would think if anyone demanded a change in Senior Coach then logically it should be Kane Cornes leading the charge given what has transpired in line with his very own predictions and analysis.

In 2016 Kane pumped Port Adelaide up for a successful year. Kane Cornes makes a 2016 prediction – and it’s a BIG ONE - FiveAA
Trying to look objectively, and taking my Port Adelaide hat off, I think their list is in magnificent shape. I’m pretty excited about the year ahead" Port didn’t even make finals:crossmark:

In 2017 Hinkley was under pressure.Yes he is still here after being under pressure eight years ago. Kane Cornes’ BIGGEST 2017 AFL predictions - FiveAA
Entering his fifth year as Port Adelaide coach Hinkley would be one coach demanding improved output from an underperforming playing group. The return of ruckman Paddy Ryder will finally give his midfielders an even run at the stoppages in 2017. Hinkley will need to tinker with his game style this season as opposition scores from Power turnovers in 2016 were catastrophic. He is up for the fight.

Knocked out of finals first week at home against the 8th ranked side. Fail. :crossmark:

In 2018 Kane tipped Port Adelaide to bounce back and finish 5th, they missed finals Kane Cornes reveals his 2018 AFL top eight :crossmark:

In 2019 tipped Port again to make finals, missed finals:crossmark: Kane Cornes reveals his top eight for the 2019 season

In 2020 predicted to make finals. Kane Cornes' top 8 prediction and premiership tip for 2020 Give that one a tick. :heavycheck:

In 2021 tipped Port Adelaide to play in a GF, smashed in prelim :crossmark: https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/03/17/sens-mega-2021-afl-season-predictions/

The expectation for 2022? Kane said Port need to make a Grand Final or Ken probably loses his job. Missed finals.:crossmark:

1719367718296.png

The 2023 season is an interesting one, a bit topsy turvy. Kane had Port missing the eight at the start of the year to be fair.

But then his tune changed as the season progressed to declare Port the main rival to Collingwood for the flag. (Taking a dig at Tredrea in the process)

1719367808651.png
1719367949026.png

But after finishing the year poorly with straight finals exit the tune changed again as he initiated Ken Defence mode.

1719367990141.png

Who knows how this season will play out, but Port Adelaide has finished below what Kane himself predicted or what he classified as a "pass mark" in essentially six or seven of the last eight seasons. 🤔

He’s actually squeezed the absolute best out of about three groups now, the last one being entirely of his own making apart from Bionic Boak. It’s a crying shame that none of the 120ish players to don the chevrons during Kenny’s reign has been good enough to manifest his genius into flag-winning footy.
Port fans over rate our list. I don't think we've ever had more then one player playing A+ grade football at the same time in the hinkley era. Compare that to other succesful teams and suddenly its obvious that Hinkley is getting the most out of players that he Ken.

View attachment 2030600

Ah yes. A negative Showdown record against the rancid bowl of dogsh¡t that is 2013-2024 Adelaide Crows and getting smashed by 12 goals in a Home Prelim by the Christmas Island Bulldogs is “squeezing the absolute best out of a group”.
If I was playing for Port I'd be absolutely fumming and looking for a way out knowing that every time there's questions about the coach you're going to cop the blame. Same thing has happened on multiple occasions now by the media and in the last 3 weeks your head of football and coach have also stated as much publicly.
Wake up guys, no-one at the club is looking out for you.
But the players love Kenny right? Hopefully this is a bit of a wake up call for some of them and the calls for change from within become clearer.

Port fans over rate our list. I don't think we've ever had more then one player playing A+ grade football at the same time in the hinkley era. Compare that to other succesful teams and suddenly its obvious that Hinkley is getting the most out of players that he Ken.
Lol. Wingard, Boak & Gray combined got six All Australian jackets between them from 2013-2015.

" it's endangering the club regardless of whether the coach in 2025 is Hinkley, Josh Carr, Nathan Buckley, or the ghost of Fos Williams."

Hmm, I think I remember hearing Rohan Connoly reads BF. This makes me wonder if he read a certain short story about the ghost of Fos :)
I still think it was worth of a book

But Ken and that other fraudster have said the list is no good and its not Ken's fault that the contested game plan isn't working?

Con artist Ken will blame everyone else and throw anyone under the bus (Schofield, Montgomery, Carr) as he insists on his boring and insipid contested game that ALWAYS gets found out when it counts.

Never Ken's fault - oh no, it's the players and assistants* who need to be betterer and work harderer.

*although strangely not the forwardline coach with his insipid record. Hmmm, I wonder why that is?

Kane on the verge of tears listening to someone who knows what they are talking about, declares that Port are contending and that the club has not maximised their list.
Screenshot_20240626_122711_YouTube.jpg

Who would you get would have to be one of the dumbest reasons to not change coach I have heard.
Imagine if Collingwood had said, "Geez we'd better keep Bucks, because who else are we gonna get?" 🥴

" it's endangering the club regardless of whether the coach in 2025 is Hinkley, Josh Carr, Nathan Buckley, or the ghost of Fos Williams."

Hmm, I think I remember hearing Rohan Connoly reads BF. This makes me wonder if he read a certain short story about the ghost of Fos :)

that's just disrespect. reminds me of when eddie mcguire said something like "i don't care if it's russell ebert's 300th birthday". i hate these campaigners

IMG_1391.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the hell is he still here, I feel empty when I even think of our club now, I am disgusted in the weak manner the the club handles things.

We are the supporters and financial contributors that put food on your ****ing tables, you cowards couldn't even come out and defend you loyal fans with a run of the mill statement saying our fans are not fickle, they are just very passionate.

The current Port Adelaide temporary custodians do not deserve the loyalty of the supporter base, you are a weak pathetic bunch that hide behind the walls of Alberton and live off deep rich history the real men and women created.

Your time will come and you all will get what you deserve. Warren Tredrea has more guts, passion and Knowledge of how a successful club should be, disengaging the people that line your greedy pockets is a selfish act with the disregard of the club and it's supporters, shame on you all.

As board members you need to get off your lazy arses and follow the lead of Mr Tredrea, you weak as piss bastards.

Last edited:
Kane on the verge of tears listening to someone who knows what they are talking about, declares that Port are contending and that the club has not maximised their list.
View attachment 2030629
"Ken will know when that is right"

Ken has stayed at the club 12 years with a meaningful result and a poor big game record.

He will drag this out until he wrings every last cent from the club.

A selfish, despicable man.

A mealy-mouthed piece from AFL Media's most slurring mouth-breather this side of Slobbo, Rohan Connolly.

He says he isn't advocating for Ken ... and celebrates "consistency" as if a team that has capitulated under big-game pressure for a decade now is a model of good governance.

I pointed out to this campaigner on social media that Wilson and other media personalities have a disportionate influence on the club, but the curiously witless man had a giant sook about it and refused to acknowledge the absurd conflict of interest re: Wilson and Cos.

Honestly, who ever said this loser had integrity?

The good Rohan Connolly ceased to exist after the Essendon Supplements Saga.

A mealy-mouthed piece from AFL Media's most slurring mouth-breather this side of Slobbo, Rohan Connolly.

He says he isn't advocating for Ken ... and celebrates "consistency" as if a team that has capitulated under big-game pressure for a decade now is a model of good governance.

I pointed out to this campaigner on social media that Wilson and other media personalities have a disportionate influence on the club, but the curiously witless man had a giant sook about it and refused to acknowledge the absurd conflict of interest re: Wilson and Cos.

Honestly, who ever said this loser had integrity?
This whole concept doesn't understand 2 fundamental principles.
1. Coaches should NOT remain if they have demonstrated that they can NOT win a premiership. Being a good coach is not enough.

Which then leads to...
I would take Southgate over Stinkley right now and he is shit.
2. As per this post, change is really the most important thing. If your coach can't achieve number one, you must have change, but when you've also known the answer to number one for 7 years, the supporter base becomes desperate for change and hope. The next coach may be shit, we may fail. It doesn't matter!!!! It is more important to have tried to achieve greatness than to just settle for mediocrity. We've been devoid of hope, we've been stale as hell, we've been watching the same repetitive scenes now for a decade, despite our opposition, our players, our coaching support. IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE, it is required now. Hell it was time several years back.

Last edited:
Ken's ugly mug won't appear on the big screen. He'll likely go back to the box to "coach". If he has to walk across the field it will be right across the middle of the ground well out of earshot.
He's a delicate flower when it comes to criticism

When Graham Cornes suggested he should go back in the box did that bit of info come from Chad?

He went downstairs when Tredrea spoke up.

Now the 'Mob' have spoken he may well go back up to the box.

Irrespective of it being twelve years and he should go I in some ways would understand that a club would seek to back its coach and seek to balance criticism of him (stability, backing the guy currently in the role etc).

Matthew as we know you information from this forum finds you.

Elements of the media have now multiple times in the last few days disparaged the clubs members and supporters beyond the criticism of actions.Terms such as pathetic and others thrown about are not acceptable.

Irrespective of you disagreeing with the booing as a member and supporter I would EXPECT and DEMAND that you taken action to address this.

Where is your action to support and defend the support base or are you to busy following up on an out of context "good call" remark.
(Edit added).. I am sure that if you asked them they would say no it is only those supporters those actions.( but can be interpreted multiple ways) that specific actions were the subject of criticism and you would accept that but I would argue should still point out that it should not be said)

Or is context only important to those who suit your agenda?

Do your bloody job.

Last edited:

God, this moment is truly despicable.

Just when Kane couldn't inspire less confidence in his integrity, there's this exchange.

Healy: "Doesn't Alier Alier sum them up at the present time? Hi effort that you highlighted last night, it was not Alier Alier, it was a shocker. It's just a kid who is out of confidence. He's thinking three different things at the one time. So he poke-punched instead of taking a strong intercept mark. And watching Radagalea at full back. He's half the player he was when he started. So something needs to be addressed with the confidence of these guys. For whatever reason over the last month it has hit a brick wall. They were competitive in the first part of the year."
Cornes: "It's not about being competitive for them. It's about establishing a group that can go deep and play in prelim finals and grand finals. I don't see this group being at that level. There is evidence to back that up."

Once again, it's everyone else's fault but poor old Ken's.

This is a club that made Top 4 in three of the last four years, it has sold out its future for for short-term picks, Ken promised that this was the best list that he has coached and Kane even said last year "we are a really good shot at winning a premiership".

But, apparently, now the players are totally useless and hoping for better is futile?

Same old Kenny playbook: overpromising, under-delivering while throwing others under the bus and offering pathetic rationalisations for failure ... if Ken bothers to front up to the media at all.

Now Kane isn't even pretending that Ken should be accountable for on-field performance and player confidence.

Too bad he's without a doubt the best option currently available :think:
This is the worst possible argument.

You should only keep a coach if you believe he can win you a GF. Hinkley can't and wont. Thus it doesn't matter who else is out there, you try someone new until you find the magic combination. As has happened for over a hundred years.

The secondary counter to this argument, is the stupidity to think that the next candidate has to be obvious. Clarkson won 4 flags, he was an unknown assistant on Port's panel, no one would've been flagging him as the best option available when Hawthorn picked him up. Hardwick as well. McRae as well. You could go on and on. Coaches need to start somewhere. And all those clubs have benefitted from taking the risk that we have not taken. There's also been many new coaches that fail, but it is better to have taken that shot to be sitting there hopelessly. Meanwhile here we are in a record AFL/SANFL 20 year premiership and 17 year GF drought, still no closer to any success, because we have decided that staying with the guy who is not good enough is the best option.

It's just absolute stupidity.

We exist to win flags, or at least try.

We don't exist to just be pretty good and not bottom out.

You and your shit arguments are exactly why our club are stuck in this mediocrity accepting mess it is. The worst period in the All time history of our club.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back