Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port Adelaide officials have word with Warren Tredrea to be more careful when talking about the club in the media

Port Adelaide officials have spoken with board member Warren Tredrea following his ‘good call’ comment to a radio caller abusing Ken Hinkley. See what was said here.

Jay Clark and Simeon Thomas-Wilson | The Advertiser

Port Adelaide officials have spoken with board member Warren Tredrea about being more careful when commenting about club matters on radio.

The Power have not threatened Tredrea or tried to gag him but have reminded the champion forward about his obligations as a board member.

Port is keen to avoid another on-air controversy involving Tredrea as the club prepares to take on the Western Bulldogs, which smashed Port in the 2021 preliminary final by 71 points.

Tredrea was forced to clarify his position after saying “good call” to an angry Port fan who labelled coach Ken Hinkley a “con artist” and “delusional” following the heavy loss to Brisbane Lions two rounds ago.

Hinkley fought back tears in a Fox Footy interview with Sarah Jones after leading Port to a two-point win over St Kilda on Sunday amid fierce speculation about his future.

Tredrea explained his “good call” comment was an acknowledgment of the caller rather than endorsement after an enquiry from Port chief executive Matthew Richardson.

But the situation did nothing to enhance the relationship between Tredrea, one of the club’s greatest ever players, and its current coach Hinkley who is in his 12th year in charge.

Tredrea, who said in April last year Hinkley’s position “looks untenable”, was voted on to Port’s board earlier this year.

Port is adamant Hinkley, who has a 61 per cent winning record across his AFL coaching career, has the full support of his players and the board. He is contracted until the end of next season.

Full support, awesome news, goneski

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Port Adelaide officials have word with Warren Tredrea to be more careful when talking about the club in the media

Port Adelaide officials have spoken with board member Warren Tredrea following his ‘good call’ comment to a radio caller abusing Ken Hinkley. See what was said here.

Port Adelaide officials have spoken with board member Warren Tredrea about being more careful when commenting about club matters on radio.

The Power have not threatened Tredrea or tried to gag him but have reminded the champion forward about his obligations as a board member.

Port is keen to avoid another on-air controversy involving Tredrea as the club prepares to take on the Western Bulldogs, which smashed Port in the 2021 preliminary final by 71 points.

Tredrea was forced to clarify his position after saying “good call” to an angry Port fan who labelled coach Ken Hinkley a “con artist” and “delusional” following the heavy loss to Brisbane Lions two rounds ago.

Hinkley fought back tears in a Fox Footy interview with Sarah Jones after leading Port to a two-point win over St Kilda on Sunday amid fierce speculation about his future.

Tredrea explained his “good call” comment was an acknowledgment of the caller rather than endorsement after an enquiry from Port chief executive Matthew Richardson.

But the situation did nothing to enhance the relationship between Tredrea, one of the club’s greatest ever players, and its current coach Hinkley who is in his 12th year in charge.

Tredrea, who said in April last year Hinkley’s position “looks untenable”, was voted on to Port’s board earlier this year.

Port is adamant Hinkley, who has a 61 per cent winning record across his AFL coaching career, has the full support of his players and the board. He is contracted until the end of next season.
The on-line text in the final sentence has been adjusted to include balancing reference to Hinkley’s failure to advance beyond the preliminary final stage.

This guy is going around saying that they are rumours of eggs being thrown at Ken’s house and also Ken has had angry letters with threats abound. Is that true?

93c60eb4a25f18ecd92134825bf56c62.jpg
So that's what a predatory thespian looks like.

Rucci said that people "didn't care" about their footy club when they booed, that Tredrea doesn't care and that Ken Hinkley deeply cares.

These guys are in a bubble. “Give us an idea what Kenny’s been through this past week Rooch?”
How about giving us an idea what life long Port supporters who shell out year after year have been through?
What should Port supporters expect from their club?
How long is a reasonable amount of time for a coach to achieve at least a grand final appearance?
How about a farken question on behalf of the fans?

I’ve heard him a few times now. Is he the guy the club puts forward regularly as the most inoffensive, vanilla interviewee you’re going to get? Just a pointless exercise
Him, Luke Kelly, Lobbe and Hartlett. As dull, uninformative and uninspiring as any assistant/development coaches we’ve ever had.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been reflecting a lot about my relationship with the PAFC the last few weeks. For so long I have ridden every high and low this club has been through. I’ve barely missed watching games. The fortunes of the club have meant a lot to me. I was blessed that my dad introduced me to PAFC in the early 80s. It was a wonderful way to spend my weekends going to games with him. I loved what our club stood for.

In recent years and especially this year, I’ve realised that the club is now in the hands of people who will never love it or hurt about it as much as I do. If they are happy to accept mediocrity and go with the flow and roll over so easily then I’m not going to waste energy worrying about the PAFC anymore. Rucci, Kornes and their friends in the club can bask in apathetic mediocrity.

I’ve got other things to do.

Your life is about to get much better.

It was a great call, not a good call. Hinkley is a con artist. The faux tears were further proof.

Rucci is a disturbed and disturbing individual. He’s totally unexpert about the game he’s covered for >35 years. Never has an original thought. Just throws about rhetorical, pseudo intellectual questions to buy time. Comes across as terribly insecure and unsure and covers it with a self-righteous, mightier than thou attitude. He basically offers nothing.

I’m a little calmer. To be honest, I almost feel medicated when it comes to my attitude towards footy this week. Bit like the guy who guzzles Coke/Pepsi before dancing like a crying clown.

There are so many better things to do with your time than the often-fruitless pursuit of throwing your lot in with an activity you're taking no active part in and have no real control over. I still love watching sport but am definitely enjoying it more with all the anger and irrational emotion removed from the experience. Everyone is different. i know. But i think i've found the right balance for me.
My Port focus is now about seeing justice being done and all the people who deserve to be put out of a job, put out of a job. It's just the right and proper thing.

Rucci scolds Italy and then calls the England manager an acquired taste.. it's like comedy at this point
His criticism of Southgate is the height of hypocrisy.

Taking over during a contentious time and staying for too long, Southgate is the Hinkley of England management ... except with a much better record.

Southgate has a 60% record in knockout finals.

Hinkley has a 33% record.

Southgate is also the first England manager to reach the final of a European Championship and to reach any major tournament final since 1966.

And Southgate doesn't cry for himself or expects anyone else to pity him, either.

This was him in 1996, when the entirety of England was calling for his head.

View attachment SOUTG_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwVcapntydBTqGgz1NBdw31Q.webp
He also supports his players when they faced with adversity and refuses to throw them under the bus.

What a tool Rucci is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back