Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replied to you twice in that thread actually.

The performance from Sydney tonight shows that Sydney aren't going as badly as everyone has been saying, and that last week says more about how good Port were rather than Sydney being bad.
I actually agree with this in general - though it is worth pointing out that we are Sydney's bogey team, they haven't beaten us in 7 years.

I replied to you twice in that thread actually.

The performance from Sydney tonight shows that Sydney aren't going as badly as everyone has been saying, and that last week says more about how good Port were rather than Sydney being bad.
We are going to find out in the next few weeks.

I think we are the in form side of the comp since the Lions loss and the coaching staff has done a good job of tinkering, well,
that is a bit of an understatement, they have actually made very good moves with personnel and tactics but obviously I still have reservations because of the past.

Wasn’t part of the logic from the brass for retaining Ken that they feared a player exodus if he was let go?

Yet as we sit here now, he’s more likely than not to coach on in 2025 yet Houston is gone and I’ve got a bad feeling about Bergman and Butters as well?

They can’t be that attached to the spud.

Hinkley is going to cost us a chance at a flag again this year with this mentality.

COVID years aside, which we squandered, this is the best chance in a decade+ for a non-Vic team to win the flag. There's actually a good chance you'll get a neutral GF, rather than face a Melbourne team playing at home.

But it still needs the coach to get the players believing and he can't do it.

Saw he's trotted out the "Melbourne are a tough side" shit again. Mate we just beat the top team by 112 points. I hate this perennial loser. Surely the players ignore him.

I'm actually surprised about the amount of rancour that one comment has fomented.

Hinkley's hardly talked us down, just reminded the players that Melbourne aren't an easy opponent. They've beaten us two of the last three times and our one win was by 4 points at home.

Yes they've lost their last 3 games (one of those only by 2 points to GWS) but we've seen Port not turn up before in games against teams that should have been roadkill. We've come off against spectacular wins against the - at the time - top 2 teams and human nature being what it is, players' heads can get in the clouds.

Hinkley says a lot of stupid, annoying, aggravating things, but this one for me was not one of them. We should, we have to, win this and as long as behind the scenes they have focused on the best possible preparation and bringing our best game then that's all that matters.

Collingwood are 11th. Sydney falling over the line against them isn't impressive.

Yeah, but they beat Collingwood, moite! Collingwood!

A real genuine salt-of-the-earth footy club that generally knows how to win big matches regularly.

Not like piddly widdly lil’ sh¡theap Port Power who Cuddly Ken routinely performs miracles with.

Hinkley says a lot of stupid, annoying, aggravating things, but this one for me was not one of them. We should, we have to, win this and as long as behind the scenes they have focused on the best possible preparation and bringing our best game then that's all that matters.
The issue is he says this every time. If we were playing West Coast at AO he'd be saying their ladder position isn't a true reflection of their quality so we need to bring our A-game.

His need to continually play down expectations as a pre-emptive excuse for failure has infected the subconscious of the playing group to the point that deep down they don't believe they have what it takes to win when the stakes are high.

Imagine John Cahill publically saying we need to be on our guard because West Torrens at Thebarton Oval won't be easy.

Gee, hits again...

"Melbourne are undermanned and playing at home, they should not be under estimated but boy we have played some pretty impressive footy over the past 3 weeks. I know Ollie is looking forward to matching up on good friend Jack Viney and Jordan Sweet is looking to pit himself against the Best big man of the modern era. Im confident in "My Boys"
tm. If we want to be good in September all roads lead to the MCG so we relish the experience to familiarise ourselves with the venue."

Is this so hard Ken?

The issue is he says this every time. If we were playing West Coast at AO he'd be saying their ladder position isn't a true reflection of their quality so we need to bring our A-game.

His need to continually play down expectations as a pre-emptive excuse for failure has infected the subconscious of the playing group to the point that deep down they don't believe they have what it takes to win when the stakes are high.

Imagine John Cahill publically saying we need to be on our guard because West Torrens at Thebarton Oval won't be easy.

I get all the weird shit he says that we all find frustrating.

This one just didn't bother me because I thought this time it was worth saying. I think anyone who know Port and football would be thinking what Hinkley said.

Now finals are scary, that's something else entirely ...

Gee, hits again...

"Melbourne are undermanned and playing at home, they should not be under estimated but boy we have played some pretty impressive footy over the past 3 weeks. I know Ollie is looking forward to matching up on good friend Jack Viney and Jordan Sweet is looking to pit himself against the Best big man of the modern era. Im confident in "My Boys"
tm. If we want to be good in September all roads lead to the MCG so we relish the experience to familiarise ourselves with the venue."

Is this so hard Ken?
article from Rucci, spitting out the media release sent to him by the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True. That is hands down the most un-Port Adelaide comment of all time.

Especially in the wider context of that fiasco.

“Finals are scary”

“They should think about when they came here a few weeks ago and got beat”

“If we’d played healthy alternatives we’d have been smashed by more”

smirk smirk smirk

He’s such a disingenuous piece of sh¡t.

I'm actually surprised about the amount of rancour that one comment has fomented.

Hinkley's hardly talked us down, just reminded the players that Melbourne aren't an easy opponent. They've beaten us two of the last three times and our one win was by 4 points at home.

Yes they've lost their last 3 games (one of those only by 2 points to GWS) but we've seen Port not turn up before in games against teams that should have been roadkill. We've come off against spectacular wins against the - at the time - top 2 teams and human nature being what it is, players' heads can get in the clouds.

People have just lost their minds after 12 years of this crap. In isolation its not too bad but nothing can be looked at in isolation at this point.

People have just lost their minds after 12 years of this crap. In isolation its not too bad but nothing can be looked at in isolation at this point.

“I’m uncomfortable with the favourites tag”

“We’ve got a long way to go to be like Richmond!”

I get all the weird shit he says that we all find frustrating.

This one just didn't bother me because I thought this time it was worth saying. I think anyone who know Port and football would be thinking what Hinkley said.

Now finals are scary, that's something else entirely ...
Don't know what he said... But I'm angry just looking at him let alone him opening his mouth.

#sackstinkley

I think the next month will tell us if Hinkley has learnt anything. Whether it means he’s learned the ideal structure, tweeked the plan or even pulled back and given more responsibility to the other coaches. Or he’s stumbled on one big flukey season where all the stars are aligning and will just ride the wave and stay out of the way.
What we know is this team coached by him hasn’t delivered for 12years when it really counts. Nothing yet suggests anything different.
I said in another thread that I get a sense on this board that people are being seduced by last week. Ask yourself has that performance in anyway been on the cards?
It was a complete demolition of Sydney and very enjoyable to watch but the team coached by this guy has form of being a mediocre finals performer.
And if we happen to play the Swans in Adelaide in a final, our supercoach will no doubt tell the media, "What the Swans need to realise is they played here earlier in the year, and got beat." What happened last year in that scenario - I forget.......

It's not hard.

He can say exactly what he said, he just has to add "but we know our best is good enough to beat anyone and we expect to win".

This club under Koch and Hinkley is allergic to setting anything approaching a KPI they could be measured against.

If he says we expect to beat Melbourne, he can be measured against it. If he says Melbourne are a good team and it's not easy, he can say that it's a really tough competition and he's been in footy a long time and you don't always get what you deserve and someone has to lose.

It's not hard.

He can say exactly what he said, he just has to add "but we know our best is good enough to beat anyone and we expect to win".

This club under Koch and Hinkley is allergic to setting anything approaching a KPI they could be measured against.

If he says we expect to beat Melbourne, he can be measured against it. If he says Melbourne are a good team and it's not easy, he can say that it's a really tough competition and he's been in footy a long time and you don't always get what you deserve and someone has to lose.
What do you expect from people ala Hinkley and Davies saying.6 weeks ago, and I quote "the list is not good enough"? The narrative is set so if and when we do pull off a good victory, it's a Hinkley masterclass. The list is talented as hell handicapped by a dumb sh*t. We should be contending every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back