Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Williams = 1 premiership in 6 years
Ken Hinkley = (hypothetically) 1 premiership in 12 (twice as many) years

How on earth does that make Hinkley Williams' equal (even hypothetically)?
And that is a huge hypothetical. Could be more than likely be 0 after 12 seasons. Hinkley is the narcissist

Last edited:

How’s this for basic - if Ken was Williams' equal and was able to achieve 1 premiership in 6 years, then basically Ken would be able to achieve 2 premierships in 12 years.
Not bad. Can't argue with that unless he goes back to back next year.
This whole line of discussion makes me think of the last State election and the metaphor I came up with at the time.
You have a dog that continually chews up your slippers, digs up your lawn and shits on your carpet until eventually you get fed up and boot it out, but if it comes back whining and giving puppy dog eyes, you take it back willingly and call it a good dog despite the fact it wrecked your house.
Sorry folks, but that's all a bit over my head.

An empty vessel??

Interesting comment. Must have touched a raw nerve perhaps.
Pal if you haven’t noticed this thread is basically for people that want Ken gone.

You don’t sound that stupid so I can’t understand why you’re flogging a dead horse.

If you’re board and want to stir up some shit I get that.
If you think for one minute your going to get your point across in here your delusional.
Best to let it go and move along.

Old mate Kenny’s cheer squad now throwing “back to back” into the equation?

We are definitely through the looking glass.

Pal if you haven’t noticed this thread is basically for people that want Ken gone.

You don’t sound that stupid so I can’t understand why you’re flogging a dead horse.

If you’re board and want to stir up some shit I get that.
If you think for one minute your going to get your point across in here your delusional.
Best to let it go and move along.
Not wanting to stir anything, was actually intending to contribute an opinion and enjoy some measured discussion whilst we have a break in the match schedule.
There's obviously a misconception that I am defending Hinkley. I'm not. I totally agree he has underachieved and you are right to be questioning his right to be still in the coaching job. At the end of the day I don't give a rats arse if he goes or stays.
What I don't get is the amount of love for a coach who had the same number of years in the job and fluffed as many chances to win flags as well as making you guys a national laughing stock. The fact he managed to finally get it right and win one - or fluke one against a battered and bruised opponent - depending on your opinion - is the only thing that sets them apart in my view.
Nothing more than that. If you want to take that as stirring it up, well, that's your prerogative.

Okay.
So long as you're prepared to acknowledge that if you win it this year, that makes Hinkley his equal in terms of premierships won per years served as coach on the national stage.
That seems to be the crux of the argument.

Um, yes, that's just a verifiable fact.

The problem is that the people who populate this thread by and large don't believe he will, making your hypothetical irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not wanting to stir anything, was actually intending to contribute an opinion and enjoy some measured discussion whilst we have a break in the match schedule.
There's obviously a misconception that I am defending Hinkley. I'm not. I totally agree he has underachieved and you are right to be questioning his right to be still in the coaching job. At the end of the day I don't give a rats arse if he goes or stays.
What I don't get is the amount of love for a coach who had the same number of years in the job and fluffed as many chances to win flags as well as making you guys a national laughing stock. The fact he managed to finally get it right and win one - or fluke one against a battered and bruised opponent - depending on your opinion - is the only thing that sets them apart in my view.
Nothing more than that. If you want to take that as stirring it up, well, that's your prerogative.
You’re still not getting it, I’ll repeat it.
This thread is for people that have had enough of Ken and want him out.
No matter what you say logically or not it makes no difference.
Nobody’s interested in your contribution, they have had a gut full of Hinkley and want him gone.
It really is that simple, unless you want to go along with that you’re wasting your time here.

lighthouse end instead of wasting our time you should Google how to use a computer so you can edit your bigfooty profile like a big boy

There is a major issue here though.

Hinkley hasn't won shit as yet, and he is still in major loser coach territory.

You might as well be saying, am I equal to Jack Cahill if I take over and win 5 flags in a row.

I have stated on here numerous times that I think where Choco went wrong was not trying to get greedy and going hard at 05 & 06 and not trying to re-new the team. I'm more apologetic with 01-03 because they were a young team and they learnt how to play finals.

You’re still not getting it, I’ll repeat it.
This thread is for people that have had enough of Ken and want him out.
Nobody’s interested in your contribution, they have had a gut full of Hinkley and want him gone.
It really is that simple, unless you want to go along with that you’re wasting your time here.
Fair point.
Good luck for Thursday.

Sorry , but I'm not aware of any post where I have lauded Hinkley either, merely mentioned a premiership at a Tier 1 AFL Barwon club which I have been advised is irrelevant in this discussion and I have accepted that.
I have simply made a comparison between his coaching performance over the journey as being - in my opinion - no worse than a previous coach who served for the same number of seasons for minimal success but who - again in my opinion - had many more weapons in his arsenal but failed to use them correctly to bring the success you should have had.
Not sure how your logic works, but in my logic that doesn't equate to lauding Hinkley. Nor does it equate to hating Williams, it is merely a football opinion. Which I am happy to debate when things are kept in perspective.
Your basic logic is flawed.

Ken Hinkley 12 seasons - made a couple of Preliminary Final
Mark Williams - 10 seasons - win a Grand Final, lose a Grand Final, made many Preliminary Finals.

I am unsure if I've got everything correct.

In your opinion, how is that similar?

Sorry , but I'm not aware of any post where I have lauded Hinkley either, merely mentioned a premiership at a Tier 1 AFL Barwon club which I have been advised is irrelevant in this discussion and I have accepted that.
I have simply made a comparison between his coaching performance over the journey as being - in my opinion - no worse than a previous coach who served for the same number of seasons for minimal success but who - again in my opinion - had many more weapons in his arsenal but failed to use them correctly to bring the success you should have had.
Not sure how your logic works, but in my logic that doesn't equate to lauding Hinkley. Nor does it equate to hating Williams, it is merely a football opinion. Which I am happy to debate when things are kept in perspective.
This is the sack Hinkley thread. Anything less than a sack Hinkley or equivalent may as well be a glowing endorsement.

You've drawn comparisons to our only premiership coach who has made and won a grand final in his sixth year as senior coach. You've even gone so far to say Williams was a monumental failure. Yet he had achieved more success in essentially half the time given to Hinkley.

If you say so. It's people like you perpetuating the dispute. I've said several times I'm not defending Hinkley, merely making a comparison. If you don't know the difference, that isn't my issue.

What’s difference?

It took Choco 6 years to win the flag, in 01’ to 03’ we finished 3rd, 1st, and 1st, lost to Hawthorn after the siren, then lost to the best team in the modern era in Brisbane at the Gabba, who in 02 didn’t lose a single game at home through the whole season and a bad day at the office against Collingwood at the G in 03 to win the flag in 04. Each year from 01’ to 03’ there was consistent growth with Choco; we won it in 04; in that period we're arguably one of the best teams in that 3-year period, and he came back to GF in 07 with a rejuvenation squad.

Ken spent 11 and a half years at the club. He has been through 3 to 4 rebuilds and made around $7M through these 11.5 years and has never consistently created the same growth that Choco did, and Ken has very good teams at his disposal capable of winning a premiership. Ken has been given every puzzle piece he wants through this period, and how many premierships has he won?

Your basic logic is flawed.

Ken Hinkley 12 seasons - made a couple of Preliminary Final
Mark Williams - 10 seasons - win a Grand Final, lose a Grand Final, made many Preliminary Finals.

I am unsure if I've got everything correct.

In your opinion, how is that similar?
240volt said:

Nobody’s interested in your contribution

I've been told, so I'm out of the discussion. Good luck for Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back