Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Tredders still on holidays does anyone know? Would like to flick him a brief dm of my thoughts on the issue now we seem to be at a precipice, if he's still on holidays think I'll leave it.

I gather he doesn't need convincing anyway

Just getting desperate, think deep down I know Ken will be here doing finger waggles next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's hyper-aware he's not wanted by the board and the supporters. This should put to bed once and for all the "good bloke" narrative, the selfless country bumpkin who puts club before self. He is more than aware the toxicity this will create, but Kenny doesn't care. He'd happily destroy the club before foregoing his salary.
If you were right about the board not wanting him, he’d be sacked by now. Other than maybe a couple of them, it’s pretty clear the majority of the board are happy with him.

Is Tredders still on holidays does anyone know? Would like to flick him a brief dm of my thoughts on the issue now we seem to be at a precipice, if he's still on holidays think I'll leave it.

Just getting desperate, think deep down I know Ken will be here doing finger waggles next year.

Just south of Geelong the last I heard.

Sack Hinkley....tomorrow

Do it tonight

Zac butters, congratulations on your win. And now a special announcement. Ken Hinkley..

Vince Mcmahon Wrestling GIF by WWE

If you were right about the board not wanting him, he’d be sacked by now. Other than maybe a couple of them, it’s pretty clear the majority of the board are happy with him.
Not exactly sure on how it works but you would think it has to go to a vote, so in that case it's about getting the numbers or majority.

If anyone knows feel free to correct me.

It's absolutely incredible that there's such a complete vacuum of journalistic accountability to call kerny out on the absolute nonsense he talks, let alone point out the obvious horrible finals record, "mission accomplished" vibe after the semi, etc etc etc.

It's just absolutely crazy.

Every time he speaks for any length of time beyond quips and blokey superficiality, he sounds like a country bumpkin who never completed high school.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't think there's a potential advantage to be gained by leaking certain things? Whoever Chewy's source is knows what they're doing.
Sure, people leak things to journalists all the time. Not so much to randoms on footy forums. If there was an anti-Hinkley faction on the board trying to undermine Hinkley's support they'd be having off the record conversations with the Caros of this world - we wouldn't be finding out about it here.

It’s not Tredrea we should be targeting. We need to be aiming comments at the board members who may be one the fence and siding with Koch and protecting Hinkley.

Every time he speaks for any length of time beyond quips and blokey superficiality, he sounds like a country bumpkin who never completed high school.
Narrator: he didn't

lol rowie must love it when he's on 5aa suddenly he's not the dumbest guy in the room

Last edited:
Lots of talk of behind closed doors conversations, so far amounting to nothing, and now Ken has been very public.

In the event they were quietly trying to position it as his choice to walk away, he's just gone and responsed very loudly and publicly.

If that's what's happened, he has to be sacked tomorrow morning. There's nothing to be managed now, don't sit on it.

Unfortunately, that feels very unlikely. The only hope now is the succession plan is announced, and he hates it so much, he walks mid-season.

Sure, people leak things to journalists all the time. Not so much to randoms on footy forums. If there was an anti-Hinkley faction on the board trying to undermine Hinkley's support they'd be having off the record conversations with the Caros of this world - we wouldn't be finding out about it here.

I assume whoever is giving Chewy info wants to keep the public pressure up on Hinkley's job, wants us posting all over social media driven by the very active Sack Hinkley thread on the biggest footy discussion site on the internet.

Without Chewy we'd all assume that it's over and he's staying and we'd probably be thousands of posts behind where we are, and the flow on effects on other social media would be significant. It's not overstating it to say that most significant talking points about Hinkley's failures start in this thread before flowing out into the world.

Caro is wildly pro Hinkley because his manager feeds her info. Same with Kornes, same with Whateley. They aren't going to help.

He sounded like he was clutching a bit. Like he didn't actually know if he will be coaching next season. Maybe there is a sliver of hope for change still.

Decision may ride on whether we can bring Dew in or not
What club has ever sacked a coach that made a prelim,and Ken's not walking

Sent from my A065 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back