Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Currently, he’s staying.

It would always be difficult. If Davies had gone, the odds of him leaving would be higher. Now, I think we need a miracle.
On the other hand now that Davies is staying, the club may feel better about letting Ken go, losing to much experience at one time may have had the club worried.

All that shows is he won't tolerate people who can't see how unlucky he's been. He is showing zero appreciation of the opinions of those around him because he has no self-awareness. He is only interested in those who validate his self-belief.
But it's getting to him, he's feeling the heat. If he had no self awareness he would be immune to his detractors. This is why he's coming out with all the bravado crap.

Here's an idea. How about Port giving Ken a crack at another club? You know a club without a 'shit list'. His 'expert' supporters in the AFL media can put a list of potential new clubs dying to employ this 'coaching genius' together in no time flat, surely?
Do Ken a favour, sack Hinkley!

On Pixel 8a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Spot on. He is a very selfish man imo. Most rational and decent humans would realise that it is all over and move on for the betterment of the club.

Surely the club knows the benefits/risks ratio between keeping him or parting ways for next year.

1 x bad loss, like 50-100 point loss and the boo's and backlash from fans will be larger than anything this year.

He's not getting us to a GF or winning us a flag, any objectivity can tell you that.

The contract will be a huge distraction all year a la 2023, and likely burn out the playing group.

We have our replacement sitting there, warmed up ready to go.

What.......is.........the.......point........of......keeping........him!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
There really has been no point for years. It has been the biggest swindle in the club’s history embarrassingly so.

Here's an idea. How about Port giving Ken a crack at another club? You know a club without a 'shit list'. His 'expert' supporters in the AFL media can put a list of potential new clubs dying to employ this 'coaching genius' together in no time flat, surely?
Do Ken a favour, sack Hinkley!

On Pixel 8a using BigFooty.com mobile app
The problem with this is that no other club is blind to the fact that Hinkley is a spud and a fraud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ken & company can go have a crack somewhere else, away from the Port Adelaide Football Club, which needs some breathing space.

In terms of Ken’s relationship to the club itself, it’s toxic. If he really loved it, he’d do what’s best for everybody and let go.
Within the walls of the club this can't be so. He would have been sacked if this was the case.

There is nothing more absurd than the whole "people said I couldn't do it but I'm a fighter" stuff....

People said you couldn't do it and then you didn't do it. 12 full seasons as a coach and 9 seasons as a player your doubters have been proven correct.
The fool ignores the fact that he is:

You Are The Weakest Link GIF

I love the PAFC far more than Ken Hinkley does but if somebody offered me $800k on the caveat that Port definitely won't win the flag next year, I'd take it too. The problem isn't Ken being 'selfish', the problem is the club not taking the decision out of Ken's hands.

If he's here next year, I seriously think the best way of putting the message forward is by getting a plane to fly over Adelaide Oval with a SACK HINKLEY message during our first home game.

I have no idea how much it would cost, but I'm sure there would be enough contributors

Think this is an excellent idea. I would definitely contribute.

If he's here next year, I seriously think the best way of putting the message forward is by getting a plane to fly over Adelaide Oval with a SACK HINKLEY message during our first home game.

I have no idea how much it would cost, but I'm sure there would be enough contributors

This has been discussed previously. From memory it was around $5k.
Very doable.

We’ve booed him, we’ve made him cry, we’ve taken Sack Hinkley signs to games or whacked them up on Port Rd, we’ve bombarded socials and talkback for years.

None of it’s made a difference.

The only thing left that will work is simply not going to the games in large, noticeable numbers. But I doubt there’s even a big enough groundswell outside of this forum to get that happening.

We’ve booed him, we’ve made him cry, we’ve taken Sack Hinkley signs to games or whacked them up on Port Rd, we’ve bombarded socials and talkback for years.

None of it’s made a difference.

The only thing left that will work is simply not going to the games in large, noticeable numbers. But I doubt there’s even a big enough groundswell outside of this forum to get that happening.
Or we actually get together and riot! I mean protest....

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back