Roast Sack Koch - Chairman of The Redeem Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Financial stuff, sponsorships and China. All off field stuff.
We were moving to the best Oval (sorry MCG) in Australia and OneClub had fixed the schism in the ranks. Honestly Port when he took over was ripe for anyone to market smartly, as a club with a proud history, coming out of it's darkest hours. China he was led to, so he can't really claim any credit there. From that initial bounce generated by AO and OneClub that saw Port in the top 8 clubs for memberships, we've since drifted back down the membership ladder. Like on-field we've stagnated off-field since 2013/2014.

Giving him a pass, because he's 'almost' cleared our debt after over a decade, when he's had none of the handicaps of the SANFL owning our license a large part of that, or over a decade away from the shithole of Footy Park. Koch likes the old 'Remember 2011/2012!' as much for making him look good, as to paper over Hinkley's shit.

tl;dr - Koch is overrated for his off-field financial work. He's average at best.

turns out that torture camp was the worst thing that could've happened for us
How we used to laugh, that for the Crows all that mattered was finishing higher than us. Now we've had over half a decade where the club implicitly and sometimes explicitly (through various staff/players) pushes finishing above Adelaide as a key reason we've 'been successful'. Alanis Morrissette could use it as lyrics for a song that's actually about irony.

We were moving to the best Oval (sorry MCG) in Australia and OneClub had fixed the schism in the ranks. Honestly Port when he took over was ripe for anyone to market smartly, as a club with a proud history, coming out of it's darkest hours. China he was led to, so he can't really claim any credit there. From that initial bounce generated by AO and OneClub that saw Port in the top 8 clubs for memberships, we've since drifted back down the membership ladder. Like on-field we've stagnated off-field since 2013/2014.

Giving him a pass, because he's 'almost' cleared our debt after over a decade, when he's had none of the handicaps of the SANFL owning our license a large part of that, or over a decade away from the shithole of Footy Park. Koch likes the old 'Remember 2011/2012!' as much for making him look good, as to paper over Hinkley's shit.

tl;dr - Koch is overrated for his off-field financial work. He's average at best.
That's the way I kinda understand it as well and I ask people on here but they never respond which leads me to believe that is the truth, that he just fell in at the right time.

I would prefer the truth because if Koch has been dynamic in the office then it paints a different light but I'm not really seeing it.

It's more propaganda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Koch - Chairman of The Redeem Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back