Saints Are Finished in 2011 & Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that St Kilda have a deeply ingrained culture of failure.

* They sacked their much-loved coach who took them to 2 preliminary finals and 3 consecutive finals series over personal reasons.

* They rebuild with a new coach and game plan, only to fail in 3 sucsessive grand finals, missing out one one premiership only because of the way a ball bounced.

* Their last grand final appearance ends in complete embrassment, as not only do they get thrashed, they watch one of their ex-players (a captain, all-australian and best & fairest winner, no less) celebrate sweet, sweet victory with the opposition. An ex-player who left for absolutely nothing due to the arrogance of the St. Kilda football club.

* After their crushing grand final defeat the internet goes into meltdown as a dangerously unhinged ex-lover of a st. kilda football player posts a picture of one of their star players appearing to masturbate and another picture of their captain framing his shaved genitals with a shit-eating grin on his face.

* After the pre-season from hell one of their most valuable players is wiped out for the year, and takes their season's hopes with him.

It's no wonder the team looks like they can't be ****ed.

I almost feel sorry for them.

Looks like the same player to me, still lacks penetration with his kicking and still only plays limited game time due to his lack of speed and ability to cover the ground.

He has benefitted from having a good team around him, not that he didn't have that at St Kilda but maybe Collingwood's game plan or structure suits him better.

:eek:

Bolded accurate parts...

Another st fail post.....

Looks like the same player to me, still lacks penetration with his kicking and still only plays limited game time due to his lack of speed and ability to cover the ground. .

Yes hes the same player.

He hasnt got any better since he joined Collingwood - he was always that good
despite his limitations.

And his kicking is also improving. Definitely getting more depth on them this year.

If we aren't a good team then how did it take you two goes to beat us last year? Can't be a very good team yourselves then.

2059280.jpg

Saints will never be finished ... ;):p

Proud club, a great club with colorful and important history and with 45K+ members we aint goin anywhere!

We may have a few down years or we may bounce back in 2012 but whatever happens we have had much to cheer about in the last 7 years. Its been great. We didnt get the flag but we all know had a bounce or a toepock gone the other way we'd have won it ... we went toe to toe with the best. Drew a grand final which is more than i can say re. Tigers, Freo, Dogs etc.

Some teams havent even played an AFL grand final let alone 4 of em. So in summary... saints finished?? hardly! we have too many supporters, too many celeb supporters and money and we will get their one day.

Did I mention we have the best colours and jumper?

CARN SAINTS! :thumbsu:

Saints will never be finished ... ;):p

Proud club, a great club with colorful and important history and with 45K+ members we aint goin anywhere!

We may have a few down years or we may bounce back in 2012 but whatever happens we have had much to cheer about in the last 7 years. Its been great. We didnt get the flag but we all know had a bounce or a toepock gone the other way we'd have won it ... we went toe to toe with the best. Drew a grand final which is more than i can say re. Tigers, Freo, Dogs etc.

Some teams havent even played an AFL grand final let alone 4 of em. So in summary... saints finished?? hardly! we have too many supporters, too many celeb supporters and money and we will get their one day.

Did I mention we have the best colours and jumper?

CARN SAINTS! :thumbsu:

Good post, couldn't have said it any better.:thumbsu:

Despite a terrible off season and our poor start to the season St Kilda is in a very good position both on and off field, probably the best in it's history.

We have a large and very loyal supporter base Australia wide that will ensure the club will be around long into the future and even if we have a minor downturn I'm confident we will bounce back soon and be a successful club.

Correct, but ignorant haters always gots to hate.

2 GF's, 3 Prelims, and one other finals appearance in 7 years is a pretty decent run, it's no wonder some of the lads are hitting the wall.

But for the grace of the venegful footy gods we would have 1-2 flags which is a success in anyone's books.

Time to go back to the drawing board and rebuild if this year turns into a rout.

Perhaps we should also change name to the St Kilda Buddhists or similar, bcoz we ain't getting alot of love from our major religious patron currently !!!

Correct, but ignorant haters always gots to hate.

2 GF's, 3 Prelims, and one other finals appearance in 7 years is a pretty decent run, it's no wonder some of the lads are hitting the wall.

But for the grace of the venegful footy gods we would have 1-2 flags which is a success in anyone's books.

Time to go back to the drawing board and rebuild if this year turns into a rout.

Perhaps we should also change name to the St Kilda Buddhists or similar, bcoz we ain't getting alot of love from our major religious patron currently !!!

haha :D Agree I reckon we'd have 20 flags if we were called the StKilda Dragons or something .. the saints term seems to have angered some gods up there!! Forget the haters fact is we've been in more AFL grand finals than most teams... I think only 5 other teams have been in more!! Scream all you like haters Im still proud and had a ball gettin there, and I know in my head and heart we were a back to back team beaten only by the bounce of a ball.

What a suprise. This thread has turned into another St kilda v Collingwood troll fest. Saints look done for the year and collingwood supporters are all over any chance to stick the boot in. Collingwood supporters seem so damn focused on a club that's not really a threat to them this year. I wouldn't be surprised if essendon, Carlton or Geelong catch them unaware and deliver the KO to their ignorant, arrogant and toothless side of the large membership/supporter group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I personally dont see 3 losses as done for the year but i guess that's just me, didn't the Saints lose their first 4 of 5 in 1997?

But you're right about Collingwood fans, totally obsessed with St Kilda and everything about St Kilda.

It's not just Collingwood supporters.

Who doesn't like sticking the boots into St. Kilda? They're total shit, it's hillarious.

What a pathetic excuse for a football club.

Who doesn't like sticking the boots into St. Kilda? They're total shit, it's hillarious.

Could not agree more.....

Its not we love putting in the boots, if you think back december 09 all saints supporters laughing about luke ball leaving to collingwood, when you thought you were right it was ok, now your rabble of a clubs true colors come out and we point out facts we are sticking the boots in, build a bridge as im sure if you won in 2010, we would still be hearing all about it....

Could not agree more.....

Its not we love putting in the boots, if you think back december 09 all saints supporters laughing about luke ball leaving to collingwood, when you thought you were right it was ok, now your rabble of a clubs true colors come out and we point out facts we are sticking the boots in, build a bridge as im sure if you won in 2010, we would still be hearing all about it....

No December 09 was a billion Collingwood trolling threads on the bay, while St Kilda supporters thinking positively. But i'm sure a fanbase as braindead as Collingwoods could misconstrue that as Arrogance, you know positivity and arrogance are exactly the same :rolleyes:

And also, no god damn shit the Premiers get to be arrogant. Collingwood fans have been going off, Geelong fans the year before, Hawks the year before and so on. Yet you condemn us for the fact that hypothetically we WOULD be arrogant for winning a premiership, when you HAVE been arrogant for winning a Premiership, yet St Kilda fans don't make 10 Collingwood based threads a day. God Collingwood fans really need to make up better excuses for their pathetic obsession.

says the bloke who follows melbourne. what exactly has melbourne done in the last 50 years. you're last flag was in 1964. since then you've only appeared in two grand finals (1988 and 2000). both were absolute thrashings.

the only highlight your club has in the last 10 years has been accumulating debt and then paying it off. hows watts going?

Top 4 aspirations GGGGGAAAAAWWWWNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Players are still the same. no doubt they got the talent. They are lacking something internally. Mentally they aren't right. It has to be addressed.

Will be fighting to get in the top 8 now.

I expected them to slide this season, but not quite as far down as they have..
It's a mental thing, it's a personnell thing.. They need to reinvigorate the players by brining in new coaches or moving some players on and bringing some young talent..

says the bloke who follows melbourne. what exactly has melbourne done in the last 50 years. you're last flag was in 1964. since then you've only appeared in two grand finals (1988 and 2000). both were absolute thrashings.

the only highlight your club has in the last 10 years has been accumulating debt and then paying it off. hows watts going?

Looking at his username, surely lost a bet or something?

I don't think Collingwood fans are obsessed with St Kilda. It's just that comedy is whereever you find it, and this year, along with a couple of other teams, Saints have been serving up a festival of things for people to point and laugh at them for.

I don't think Collingwood fans are obsessed with St Kilda. It's just that comedy is whereever you find it, and this year, along with a couple of other teams, Saints have been serving up a festival of things for people to point and laugh at them for.

This.

It really is humourous for everyone to watch at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back