Autopsy Saints kick the Bombers butts far into the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems like our development coaches are starting to really hit their straps. Is that Lenny?

But weā€™ve now seen more than a couple go back to the reserves and come back noticeably sharpened.

Phillipou, Sharman, Butler, Membrey, Byrnes, Jones, and Caminiti to name a few.

In the midweek presser Ross was pressed about Owens getting a go in the middle, and he alluded to his forward role being the best use of his capabilities. He just needed to clunk more. The Boss was spot on the money.

But itā€™s got me thinking that the coaching group are getting more and more players in roles that best utilise their strengths.

Sharman stamped a legitimate claim on another role today.

I love Zak's ability to time his handballs. He absorbs opposition pressure to create space then either dishes the ball off to a free man on the outside or he makes a sidestep that completely changes the angles of the game. Just wish he was a few years younger so I could actually see merit in playing him when Pou and Windy are back!

This is something that Clark is very good at too, but he obviously is nowhere near as quick as Jones.

Ain't footy beautiful sometimes? Check out poster name to post ratioView attachment 2061053
Thereā€™s always people like this when things arenā€™t going well . They should notice that other sides have good periods and bad periods too . Look at Richmond , a few years ago they were winning premierships and now they are on the bottom . Shit happens . Yes we arenā€™t a successful club but he knew that when he started following our team . Who knows what the future will be . Myself I just look to the future and when you see young players like the group we have now then you have hope . We may not win a premiership soon but there is always a chance and that what I will always hang on to . Iā€™ve seen some terrible years with the Saints but I will always keep hoping . And judging by the people I see on here they believe the same as me . Just imagine how good that second premiership will be if we get it .

Cooper Sharman has stepped up with Kng out injured n the last few weeks . His marking has been superb and he is burning off defenders when he leads . Next season with a fit King plus Cooper and either the Hammer or Membrey suddenly we look a mess ch better side . Iā€™ve been a big fan of Sharman but even I have amazed at his last few weeks . Then you also have Owenā€™s , Pou , Higgins and Butler and things are looking better . I hope they give Alison another year as he seems to be just hitting his straps . I dont think heā€™s going to be a big goal kicker but heā€™s more like a bull like Hamil was .

And the best thing is all those Essendon fans I used to work with will be crying themselves to sleep tonight and it couldnā€™t happen to a better bunch of people, I hated everyone of them . I would like to swear at them but I donā€™t have their addresses and Iā€™m not going to swear on here .

All this talk about being better without Max pissed me off . I can remember when they Saints won a few games without Locket so all the press jumped on we should trade him because we no longer needed him . What the forgot was all the games he won off his own boot . Now people are saying we should get rid of Max . The poor guy has had to suffer few a bunch of injuries. Give him a chance to get a good run of playing senior footy before you decide he needs to be traded .

All this talk about being better without Max pissed me off . I can remember when they Saints won a few games without Locket so all the press jumped on we should trade him because we no longer needed him . What the forgot was all the games he won off his own boot . Now people are saying we should get rid of Max . The poor guy has had to suffer few a bunch of injuries. Give him a chance to get a good run of playing senior footy before you decide he needs to be traded .
Max is a good player, might become great.. but lets not start using plugger analogies, not sure I can count many games max has won off his own boot just yet

No need to get pissed off. My memory may be failing me, but has Max really won that many games off his own boot? He tore apart the Eagles once, I remember that.

We have a forward line without him, they function without him - when he was there this year everyone looked lost.

It doesn't have to be a matter of getting rid of him, it's more about how do we function WITH him. Being a one trick pony forwardline won't get us anywhere so we need to find a way to make it work.

Essendon stank, make no bones about it?

But we did what teams should do when they play teams that are stinking it up, and that is play your way and let the scoreboard take care of itself.

Lots of our players had really good games and the forward line is looking better every week without Max, that's not me saying trade Max, that's clearly crazy talk, but train him in the ruck position over summer to add another dimension to not only his own game, but also the teams. We have been so predictable for years now , it's why we "bombed", but look how more flexible our forward line has looked with a diverse mix of forward options.
Great point. We didn't get credit for beating WC but you still have to play well to get the job done.

Today we saw why starting well is important. The team was up and about. Everything was positive and it spread through the team faster than Covid. You could tell everyone wanted to contribute and be a part of it.

No one was selfish. Whenever a player scored a goal you could see how happy they were for each other.

Yeah the Bombers weren't very good but maybe that's a result of our effort and pressure that made them look so bad.

Watched the game under pressure as we had to go out straight after the game. My Mrs nervous as she wanted me on good form. As it happened I was on extremely good form. Celebratory form.

What a win. Hard to categorise it. But the bits I took out. Sharman unbelievable. Caminiti going to be really something. Our core guys played well. Steele, Sinclair, Marshall l etc.

But the whipping boys had great games. Zac Jones. Great game. Bonner,ā€¦some terrific defensive acts. Pretty good distribution. Really! Byrnes kept rolling. Others.

Only a shithouse Bombers? But we murdered them. Absolutely stuffed them out of sight. Godā€¦.that feels good.

The ā€˜supportersā€™ that donā€™t think RTB and his coaches know what theyā€™re doing? Get stuffed. You belong with the Injectors supporters that chucked their scarves over the fence. Disgrace.

I have stood steadfast at some terrible games in the past as a proper supporter. To the bitter end of the siren. Days like this make it worthwhile.

Still like a good draft pick. šŸ˜‚

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross presser was very good.

Mentioned one thing that made my ears prick up.

AFLPA conducted its annual player survey on club cultures.

Our result was top 4
He said that last week at his presser as well. Would love more details on this.

Who wants that cat Sheil after what we saw today.
Absolutely went missing when the heat was on.
Surely we can find someone better than that past it receiver?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
And next year he's due $900k or a million bucks or something?

Seems an absurd waste of money.

I would not be opposed to juicing Cooper Sharman to the gills over the off season and transforming him into Fraser Gehrig mk ii. Incredible game sense and skills, and clearly getting his early career form and mojo back.
The Sharminator takes no prisoners, hr just leaves his competitors slain at his feet all over the flied of combat šŸ˜

75fe7e30f7d1227d70f1388c9856c2e1.jpg

20 years old.

3 years younger than Sharman and King.

How sweet was that kick from the boundary.

He said that last week at his presser as well. Would love more details on this.
Iā€™m only guessing. But itā€™s probably like any corporate environment type of survey.

• does your boss make you feel empowered
  • Does your club make you want to come into work each day
  • is your club clear in what success looks like for you

Etc etc.

Iā€™d say one of two things has happened here.

Either they all absolutely love what Ross is doing.

Or

The large turnover we have had leading to the kids we have brought in - Know no different and this is an environment they enjoy.

The ones we have let go have felt somewhat different etc. But we are creating a culture that players want week by week etc.

Here's something I didn't think I'd be saying a month ago. Jones, Membrey and Byrnes have all earned new contracts
No.

Dont let some late season enjoyment change your mind on what needs to be done.

Who wants that cat Sheil after what we saw today.
Absolutely went missing when the heat was on.
Surely we can find someone better than that past it receiver?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
My opinion only.

But I thought he was probably their best.

2.0 from 19 touches.

He wasnā€™t horrible and I donā€™t blame him for an entire side going missing with their season on the line and they kicked the first couple of the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Saints kick the Bombers butts far into the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back