Autopsy Saints kick the Bombers butts far into the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Caminiti is a fwd.
75fe7e30f7d1227d70f1388c9856c2e1.jpg

20 years old.

3 years younger than Sharman and King.

How sweet was that kick from the boundary.
Lots of reasons for people to talk about Sharmans performance but I reckon this kid could become the real deal as a FF.

Caminiti FF, King CHF, Sharman as the 3rd tall.

Where have all the Ross bashes gone last 4 weeks?
5-3 since round 12. Not exactly an easy run either.

Without getting ahead ourselves. Our ceiling is a bottom part of the 8 side at current.

Which is why I’m all in on taking our medicine this season. Grabbing the pick and heading to the draft.

Caminiti is a fwd.
Lots of reasons for people to talk about Sharmans performance but I reckon this kid could become the real deal as a FF.

Gives me Drew Petrie early day vibes.

Just raw power and sheer size.

Was a great player for North.

No.

Dont let some late season enjoyment change your mind on what needs to be done.

My opinion only.

But I thought he was probably their best.

2.0 from 19 touches.

He wasn’t horrible and I don’t blame him for an entire side going missing with their season on the line and they kicked the first couple of the day.
Yeah, I was about to say the same thing. Thought he was better than the other witches hats out there. Multiclub mercenary types tend to keep their head up.

ahahahahaha

That's no supporter right there. It's just a dressed up flog. Is it naive to think Sainters don't carry on like that?

I went to pretty much all our home games through some dark times and never heard anything like that, even directed at oppo let alone our own players.

Next time people bust out that irrational hogwash about sainters "accepting mediocrity", I think I'll reply with this video.

In all seriousness I feel sick watching that - Saints have nearly broken me at times and I reckon some players will never be AFL level - but that’s just not right - give it away if that’s all u have to offer
Once a bagger(a Bloos bagger) always a bloos bagger.

That clip reminded me of the bagging Bloos fans were giving their players at games May/June of last season.

How good is it seeing Boos fans absolutely losing it

That warms my heart immensely.

And Bombers fans.

There's just something about the fan bases of those 2 clubs.

A historical sense of entitlement maybe ??????

But the venom directed at players is extremely poor form.

Never seen that behavior brfore directed at Saints players by Saints fans.

After the game yesterday ....we actually toasted the the Bloos loss from Friday night......several times !!!!!!

Childish and petty you may say.

YOU BET YA !!!!!!

Cheers.

:) :) :)

Last edited:
Caminiti is a fwd.

100% this is how I'd line them up.
Caminiti has the personality to play FF.
Loves a goal and uses the pressure and attention on him to produce his best as in this image

In all seriousness I feel sick watching that - Saints have nearly broken me at times and I reckon some players will never be AFL level - but that’s just not right - give it away if that’s all u have to offer
Further to my previous post.........the venom is quite startling.

Last seasons abuse at the players was bordering on unhinged.

I remember reading an article years ago saying that basically 10% of each club's supporter base are nut jobs.

I reckon that % is way higher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who wants that cat Sheil after what we saw today.
Absolutely went missing when the heat was on.
Surely we can find someone better than that past it receiver?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’d far rather keep this new version of Zak, thanks.

No need to get pissed off. My memory may be failing me, but has Max really won that many games off his own boot? He tore apart the Eagles once, I remember that.

We have a forward line without him, they function without him - when he was there this year everyone looked lost.

It doesn't have to be a matter of getting rid of him, it's more about how do we function WITH him. Being a one trick pony forwardline won't get us anywhere so we need to find a way to make it work.
I remember when Max stated playing seniors with Membrey in the forward line, that Membrey's effectiveness as a forward dropped away and we became a bit too one-dimensional in forward play. The last couple of games shows how a multi pronged attack is how we will win games, and absolutely Lyon thankfully has re-jigged the attacking game from the plodding defensive game of most of this season which played into the opposition hands. In future I think Max needs to play higher up the ground in a more mobile forward/ winger role- something like Coops is doing.

I wonder if he left early? 🥹😂
Very funny there SH.

I've never seen a scarf hurled over the fence like that before.

Saints membership dept should track that Bombers fan down and get a Saints scarf to him pronto.

And a gift certificate to an anger management course.

:) :)

Watched the game under pressure as we had to go out straight after the game. My Mrs nervous as she wanted me on good form. As it happened I was on extremely good form. Celebratory form.

What a win. Hard to categorise it. But the bits I took out. Sharman unbelievable. Caminiti going to be really something. Our core guys played well. Steele, Sinclair, Marshall l etc.

But the whipping boys had great games. Zac Jones. Great game. Bonner,…some terrific defensive acts. Pretty good distribution. Really! Byrnes kept rolling. Others.

Only a shithouse Bombers? But we murdered them. Absolutely stuffed them out of sight. God….that feels good.

The ‘supporters’ that don’t think RTB and his coaches know what they’re doing? Get stuffed. You belong with the Injectors supporters that chucked their scarves over the fence. Disgrace.

I have stood steadfast at some terrible games in the past as a proper supporter. To the bitter end of the siren. Days like this make it worthwhile.

Still like a good draft pick. 😂
A great post there Verdun.

It seems like our development coaches are starting to really hit their straps. Is that Lenny?

But we’ve now seen more than a couple go back to the reserves and come back noticeably sharpened.

Phillipou, Sharman, Butler, Membrey, Byrnes, Jones, and Caminiti to name a few.

In the midweek presser Ross was pressed about Owens getting a go in the middle, and he alluded to his forward role being the best use of his capabilities. He just needed to clunk more. The Boss was spot on the money.

But it’s got me thinking that the coaching group are getting more and more players in roles that best utilise their strengths.

Sharman stamped a legitimate claim on another role today.
Yes it's time to concede that our development is now good. We've also seen a significant uptick from Moose and Gus, whilst Hugo and Ari have come along very well.
Is it that the great man shifted into the development role this year? Yes. It must be.

I couldn't help but think how good King would look if he was in the side and we played like this.

I know the questions are if not having him makes us more dynamic, but I have to believe the coaching staff can integrate him. He's too good and too talented - but hopefully the last month has shown what we can do and create a forward line with King in 2025 where he can thrive.

I'd like to see him a bit further up the ground.

He said that last week at his presser as well. Would love more details on this.
It would be extremely interesting Verdun.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that headline during the week.

We have some extremely talented people at the club who do a mountain of work in this area.

And don't you love that word "culture"

How often over the years have we seen regarding the Saints....."It's their culture"

No.

Dont let some late season enjoyment change your mind on what needs to be done

We have plenty of deadwood to cut loose. I'd be re-signing those three on cheap one-year contracts. Ross, Allison, Hotton, Paton, Campbell and maybe Van Es should be delisted. Battle likely walks. Maybe Collard could request a trade. Maybe we cut Cordy loose early. I'd like to see us delist Bonner.

That's more than enough turnover and the three players that I mentioned have demonstrated that they do still have the ability to play very good footy at AFL level.

In my opinion, contrary to others on here, I thought Sheil was terrible, no aggression, a receiver, and Merrit was better than him. I will take a huge bite of the s.hit sandwich that he is if we trade for him. As with every Saints player I will support him, and hope I am wrong.
Speaking of being wrong, I had dropped off Bonner after supporting him all season. Yesterday was easily his best game for us, put his head over the ball and his disposal seemed very good.
Two other whipping boys, Clark and Jones. Both have had seasons of interruptions but both have had good chucks of continuous games.
Jones has his touch back. For a long while he would stop and be indecisive and slow up the attack. Yesterday his decision making was spot on, he was quick and won his own ball.
Clark had an almost game, he was great in and under and got the ball moving, his turnovers took the shine off his game. He hits 50% more targets it is almost BoG just behind Steele and Coops.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Saints kick the Bombers butts far into the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back