Saints Re-Sign 5 players, Zac gone

Remove this Banner Ad

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
10k Posts St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger 2012 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2011 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5315/newsid/125975/default.aspx

The St Kilda Football Club is pleased to announce the re-signing of five key players to the Club.

2011 Most Professional Player Award recipient, Sean Dempster, has joined teammates Farren Ray, Brett Peake, Dean Polo and Raph Clarke in re-signing with the Club. While Jason Blake is committed to staying with the Saints despite having to be delisted as a Veteran listed player to be returned to the Club's Primary List in 2012.

St Kilda Football Club can also confirm that Zac Dawson’s management has informed the Club that it has declined the offer of a contract extension and that he wishes to seek opportunities elsewhere. St Kilda would like to thank Zac for his contribution to the Saints and wishes him every success for the future.

You _ucking what?

"To return to the Saints Primary List as a regular listed player, and technically assist in the re-positioning of the Club's TPP model, he (Blake) must be delisted and be re-drafted through either the 2011 AFL National or Pre-Season Drafts."

:confused:

[YOUTUBE]Oty1aGa0ZHA[/YOUTUBE]

"St Kilda would like to thank Zac for his contribution to the Saints and wishes him every success for the future."

speak for yourself, St Kilda.

Zac can get ****ed for all I care.

You _ucking what?

"To return to the Saints Primary List as a regular listed player, and technically assist in the re-positioning of the Club's TPP model, he (Blake) must be delisted and be re-drafted through either the 2011 AFL National or Pre-Season Drafts."

So who goes onto vets list? Milney? Im ok with it as im assuming he is taking big paycut and just playing for love of the game/club next year. Might aswell put guys on more $$$ on the vets list.

You _ucking what?

I'm the furthest thing from an expert here, but would this be a ploy to try and get two higher paid players (say Riewoldt and Hayes) onto the Veteran's list? Is Rooey a veteran yet?

It's a weird thing to have to do in any case.

You _ucking what?

Wot they said. He's probably continuing on minimum wage. If there's a squeeze it would make sense to have the highest-paid players on the veteran list.

Zacariah thank you for your service to the club and eventually shaving off the living organism you called hair that was nesting on your cranium for a time, all the best elsewhere, but not too much because you left and so you get minimal praise now and all the failure in the world during return matches. :p

You dog Dawson, if you wanted to leave why didn't you put your hand up during trade week so we could get something in return for all we have done to reignite your career.

Good riddance I say, go join your backstabbing mate over in the West. Only way you'll get a game.

I'm the furthest thing from an expert here, but would this be a ploy to try and get two higher paid players (say Riewoldt and Hayes) onto the Veteran's list? Is Rooey a veteran yet?

It's a weird thing to have to do in any case.

No he misses out by like a month. It has to Milney as pretty sure noone else qualifies. Hayes, Milney & Blake are only ones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you Zac for your services

I won't particularly miss having my heart in my mouth every time you were in a one on one situation jostling for position, but as a defender you could at least punch the ball away sometimes

The only real concern I have now is who we might have to replace you, although Mr Potato Head is less of a spud, so I guess any plonker will do as long as they have bit of a leap on them. It won't be difficult to find someone with superior body strength

I for one defended you when you first came to the club and waited for you to gain some strength and extra nous ... it never came. Maybe you'll find that wherever you end up (no doubt Fremantle. Surely you wouldn't be that dumb to leave without securing a position elsewhere. Nothing surprises me these days)

I look forward to Roo and Kosi tearing you a new one, or will you be looking at 2 other defenders as backup?

Good to have you on board Dempster and Peake. Plenty more upside with you two I think. And come to think of it, Polo

Resigned Polo..............the confidence and hope I had for 2012 may have just evaporated!

What are they thinking? Raph at least showed some glimpses at times.

I think you'll find the mature players like Polo won't be getting an arm chair ride into the 22 anymore now that Ross is gone, and will be replaced by those kids that have been cooking in the VFL for way too long. Im happy to keep him, would be better backup and support than some pick in the 90's, and now that Bakes is gone we don't really have many that have the scope to play that smalls lockdown role. We're already taking 7 DP's in a really speculative draft, while most clubs are going with a max of 3.

Make or break time for the guys that we're re-signed though.

So how many spots do we have on our list going into the draft, given we have commited to Blake as well?

With 8 picks this year I'm hoping we can use them all...

Zac was never going to stay the moment Pelchan walked through the door. It's a two for one deal with any of these players who have re-signed, Zac is on $350 plus for 3 years, we re-sign two players plus Blake for 2 years for the same dough, very well managed IMO.
Polo is a good ordinary player, anyone who bags him I ask this question, do we have anyone at the club who can play his role better than he does? Not to mention the draft running out of steam after pick 45.

If you're basing your confidence levels for next year on our signing of a 24 year old inside mid who played 15 games, basically helping to fill the gap left by our finest midfielder...and are disappointed in this. Well, shit.

Personally I'd like to see Polo worked out of the team over the year. But he's definitely a more than worthy back up. And who knows he might even take a Peake like step up and really prove himself as one of our best 22.

If you're basing your confidence levels for next year on our signing of a 24 year old inside mid who played 15 games, basically helping to fill the gap left by our finest midfielder...and are disappointed in this. Well, shit.

Personally I'd like to see Polo worked out of the team over the year. But he's definitely a more than worthy back up. And who knows he might even take a Peake like step up and really prove himself as one of our best 22.

I agree. There is upside in Polo; he has a lot of heart, goes in and under hard - but his skills (or lack of them) let him (and us) down.

He may be (like I'm expecting many others this year) a beneficiary of the discipline and focus a new coach provides. Here's hoping.

this is bad. We just lost another KPP. thats 2 in 2 weeks.

seriously we needed dawson. I actually gave us a 5% chance with walsh/dawson but without them no chance seriously how we gonna win a flag with sammy fisher and blake the only 2 key defenders?

this is bad. We just lost another KPP. thats 2 in 2 weeks.

seriously we needed dawson. I actually gave us a 5% chance with walsh/dawson but without them no chance seriously how we gonna win a flag with sammy fisher and blake the only 2 key defenders?

Most supporters who really watched the games this year know that with Dawson gone anyone who fills the position will be 10 times better. IMO Blake will play FB in 2012 & will do a gr8 job.

Well done to Chris Pelchen & the Saints on the list management and how things are being handled to secure our future.

Personally, whatever happens game wise, I'll now enjoy watching the team go around in 2012 without Zac the Hack.

GO SAINTERS!

I'm not wishing Zac good luck, his good luck was being picked up by St Kilda.

As for J Blake, what an awesome St Kilda person he is :thumbsu:

The other five can all officially consider themselves patted on the back from me, I'm sure this time has been a little frustrating and in some cases unfair, but St Kilda people they remain.

Go Saints!

Blakey should be awarded the 'Best Clubman' trophy for 2012 based on this sacrifice alone. Can we send him something as part of the player sponsorship deal on here? Absolute champion bloke.

Not sad to see Dawson go outside of how we structure up. Makes the draft interesting and I wonder if there isn't a senior KPP that the team have their eye on. Maybe from Noble Park, possibly with previous AFL experience...

As for the re-signings: Happy with all of them. I relly hope Raph gets some freedom further up the ground. He has the size and talent to be a very good wingman/hff. I think the pressire and speed of most forward lines is too much for him but give him a run through the middle and see what happens.

Polo is bigger than we all think. I think he still has a place in that 20-30 player range. It will be interesting to see how Dempster, Jones and Polo go as they are all very much the same style of player, just with little tweaks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints Re-Sign 5 players, Zac gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back