Saints to win ..

Remove this Banner Ad

latrell said:
playing at night in cooler conditions - yes but theres no roof

Better balanced team than last time with McGuire, Black, Guerra, no Milne, Powell etc. - they are all underdone especially for finals

With McGuire can release Kozi forward and expose bris lack of tall backs. - umm, leppitsch, bradshaw, mal michael and daryl white wont agree with that, who are your backs?

No Lynch for bris (who was significant in the past game), may struggle to kick goals. - so it gives brisbane a bit more motivation to do it without him, no lynch so hey notting may kick 5

St Kilda experience playing brisbane last time. - so the memories of that clinical belting will be fresh in their minds

Doubt of Brisbanes Keating, sick and hasnt trained all week. - hey its september, keating will play, and if not mclaren will probably dominate.

give up stkilda you are delusional

How are the Hawks going latrell???

Given that the Saints have beaten them twice in the last 2 years means they can do it. And the Lions finals experience? Well someone had to play them...

Grunt Thomas is playing the media as if they'll lose. Some of him comments are leading the door open to a loss. Wont get anywhere the Lions - the stage fright will hit!

I quote a Lion fan who although promoting why he believes this game will be great, is making excuses already

Homer said:
Makes for a cracking game. The Saints have alot to prove and the Lions have an illness in the camp.

StKildonan said:
There are no excuses in finals. You win or you lose. History will not record that so and so had a cold.

skywalk750 said:
The irony of a saints fan saying this about a lions team that has won the last 3 premierships. God how do all the saint fans fit in the dome when the roof is shut with such big heads

Where the hell is skywalk750 coming from. His cannot be a rational mind if he genuinely believes what he is saying. Where is the ego in saying that there can be no excuses. I'm not bleating about injuries or illnesses. This is our first final since 1998. If we lose it, we will not be making excuses.

Sure the Lions have won the last three premierships, and they have our respect. However, I don't believe the Saints fans must be on bended knee before them.
We are genuine contenders, and not the only ones this year.

Reputations count for naught, it's the results that are important.

Big headed indeed, have a look at your own club buddy.

I know that their is a virus going through the whole club, players included.My friend has it and she works there.

That said, no excuses if they play bad due to illness.Thats finals.

Although,last year Nige did play a GF witha cracked rib and ounctured lung, these guys are pretty damned tough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

campbell said:
Nice warm humid weather up here in banana land.I here we are expecting early morning showers, fine in the arvo.Mmm I can fell that warm humid air rising up from the wet ground,under the hot Gabba lights.
I think your mum needs a new pair of undies.

understudy said:
McGuire was fantastic last week and was a key to saints early season form. If he continues on feel this will go along way for them. Kosi forward can really hurt brissy. Dont think D White can cover Kosi.

Im not a saint supporter. Just looking at the match ups for the forwards and backs just looks like saints are real shot for me.

Missing Lynch will hurt brissie for mine, as it did earlier in the year.

Saints come to play and are at their best and they can take this one out.

You do make some good points and I actually think the game will be a lot more competitive than last time. I was there and let me tell you it was about as hot as you could imagine for a winter's day.

The thing you conveniently forget to make any mention of though is Brisbane's midfield. Saints are strong in that department but Brisbane are awesome. I can't see how St Kilda can match Brisbane's rotations and I think the Lions will get on top in the 2nd half again with Power dominating.

Brisbane by 3 goals.....

It's a Night game, saints havea chance

Bollocks!

This myth that St Kilda will be better because it is at night is rediculous. Do people think the lions players somehow have magic powers that prevent them from feeling the heat??

Statistics will show that the lions have only lost one night match at teh gabb in three years, that was to Port by 1 point.

A night game will suit the lions and rather than winning by 45 points, they may have enough energy to win by 60 points.

The lions have not lost a night final at the gabba in three years, you are clutching at straws if you think it will be a difference.

If anything in the past two years the 3 games the lions have lost to the eagles(twice) and Syd (once) have been played during the DAY!

stopeedie said:
It's gonna rain tonight, No Roof for the saints, is that gonna be the excuse this time??

The reality is the saints can't play outdoors!

The Saints have only played under a roof 8 times this year, yet won 16 games. I'm confused?

I would be very surprised if we see rain by game time tonight. However if the ground is anything like last night it could be a slippery on top, but it's in fantastic nick.

stopeedie, I have a suspicion the Saints have seen more of the GABBA han you recently.

Lions43 said:
The thing you conveniently forget to make any mention of though is Brisbane's midfield. Saints are strong in that department but Brisbane are awesome. I can't see how St Kilda can match Brisbane's rotations and I think the Lions will get on top in the 2nd half again with Power dominating.

Brisbane by 3 goals.....

Power dominating - how - with Black and voss dominating in the middle giving him the ball. most over-rated Brisbane player along with Notting. Good ordinary players being fed by some of the best players of all time.

Brisbane has the flag in the bag. Having said that, this game will be much different. The loss of Lynch has completely screwed up Brisbanes flexibility. I expect Chirs Scott to play as the back up tall. This time there are no hacks like Hamill. Maguire makes the saints a 10 times better team, just becuase you can play Kosi, Riewoldt, and Gehrig up forward. That is very hard to match up on. The quandry for Brisbane is - play Bradshaw forward to cover Lynch and they are exposed down back, play him down back and they are eseentially saying they want Voss and Aker to kick all the goals for them (which is possible).

Brisbane will win, but I agree- if the saints big men can play well, an upset is not out of the question. And we all know what that means if it happens. Brisbane playing either of their bogey teams The Sydney (Most boring game plan in the world) Swans or the West Chris Judd Eagles.

Definitely puts a big spin on the outcome of this match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints to win ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back