Review Saints v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

No he didnt. Unfortunately and for some unfathomable reason the coaches think he can play

I personally think he is a plank and is next to useless but will unfortunately play for us so I will support him and hope he dramatically improves.

Your current support for Billy is akin to Tony Abbott's support for Malcolm Turnbull!

As I mentioned in a few earlier posts,I was very fortunate to have been at the game last Sat.

Hadn't been to Tassie for 30 years and hadn't travelled for a Saints games for 20 years and boy,did I choose a good time to start again or what.

Snagged a good airfare(went Thus arvo) and grabbed a reasonably priced room....there wasn't much left for that weekend.I was fortunate to get the time to go over.

If we're drawn again there next season and a few of you are thinking of going for the first time,here's a few helpful tips.

It makes a great weekend away.

Everything in Launceston is basically within walking distance....the central area is much bigger than I thought it would be.......it's fantastic that so many old buildings are still there.

There's an airport shuttle to all hotels for each incoming flight.

For you car buffs...the National auto Museum of Tas is well worth a visit ....$14 entry and some magnificent cars inside.

The Boags brewery is five mins walk from there.Rocked up 15 mins before the next tour and thought "count me in"
$33 and worth every cent......1 1/2 hours......first hour was touring the brewery....the last 1/2 hour if you wanted was 3 glasses of diff premium beer with a diff cheese with every beer. AWESOME.

Had to navigate the stairs down slowly after that.

The ground is a pleasant 15 min walk from the central area.It was great being at a venue other than the MCG or Etihad.
It was a surreal atmosphere at the ground.....behind the main grandstand .....massive trees....stalls/foodtrucks everywhere and heaps of staff everywhere ready to assist.

You really felt in Hawks territory....colours everywhere.

There are 2 bays of unreserved seats to the right of the scoreboard....and another standing area behind the coaches box....the rest of the ground is reserved seating.

Spent the last 1/4 leaning over the boundry fence near the Saints ground entry point( the attendants at that point didn't worry if you were in that area)...was unreal.....reminded me of doing that at Moorabbin as a kid.

It was a MIGHTY win and great weekend away.

GO SAINTS.

Have watched most of the game again watching who was lining up in the midfield more closely and I was very very happy to see Mav given an extended run on the ball in the last quarter and do really well (10 disposals and a goal for the quarter).

Hope he and the coaching staff got a lot of confidence from that, as if he could take his game into the midfield for us that could be huge, as he has so many attributes that you'd want from someone playing in there.

The eel was greased yesterday boys, and I'm not talking about Blacres

acres1.gif

acres2.5.gif
Just a bumb to chear everyone up for a long offseason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Saints v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back