Salary Cap for Football Departments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by nut
Makes clubs more accountable on how they spend the members money.

WTF?

No it doesnt - it just restricts where clubs can spend their money.

I'm sure members are more than capable of ensuring their committees are accountable for how they spend their money rather than the central bueracracy.

Boring idea.

Going the wrong direction in my opinion.

The AFL are losing the plot.

Communism has been rejected in society - why do we need it in sport?

Originally posted by nut
Surely that is the members business.
I can understand the AFL laying down rules for giving assistance but spending the member’s money when the club is independent is between the club and members and no one else. FFS we are going to have to have a members and club board draft to make sure it's all even for everyone. All these clubs who won members 20 top 50 years ago and kept them happy surely don't deserve any advantage from their efforts do they?

On the bright side rumor has that Eddie has to be shared by all clubs so they equal advantage and are equally conflicted. I got a letter from Ed yesterday saying they had to refuse my son's membership because they had their quota of 13 weeks olds and had to send the papers off to Carlton because they didn't have any babies on the books. Apparently they had a few under the table but that doesn't count.

No doubt plenty of people will think this is a great idea but I shudder at the anti clockwise flow every time we flush a bit more competition away.

Originally posted by nut

Thats what annual reports, annual general meetings, and elections are for. Leave it to market forces.

North have shown that Premierships can be won on a shoestring.

Leave the salary cap for the players.

Originally posted by Hurricane75

I just think that it would make the game boring if all clubs are the same

All clubs wear different jumpers.

They always kick to different ends of the grounds.

If the Brisbane Lions CEO has his way, we'll need a salary cap for cheer squads.

Can you actually believe he threatened to shut down the volunteer run CS in favour of getting in contract workers! Sad but true. :eek:

(This post will be deleted if seen, btw, so make the most of it) :D

Re: Re: Salary Cap for Football Departments.

Originally posted by hotpie
Thats what annual reports, annual general meetings, and elections are for. Leave it to market forces.

Couldn't agree more.

If only we had a vote......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Balip
Try Freo, and the same aqpplies for West Coast and Adelaide???

haha excellent glad im a member of a great victorian club where we elect the board and not a supporter of one of these pretend clubs/afl bastard childs.

Big difference in culture here.

Now wonder vic fans are the most passoniate.

Originally posted by Balip
Try Freo, and the same aqpplies for West Coast and Adelaide???

If you dont like it stop ur whinning and stop paying ur membership.

It is ur decision after all.

Ps I would be happy forward u an application form to join the greatest club of all - the collingwood football club.

Cheers

Originally posted by Mudholian
Wel when a team loses 800,000 and they're paying a coach 800,000 you'd have to wonder - unless they've won the last 2 flags

yes u would have to wonder about the competency of the board and why u would prop them up with salary cap concessions.

Membership based clubs are the way to go imo.

I'm quite happy supporting a club that doesn't allow members a vote if it avoids the messy and disruptive political situations seen at clubs like Carlton and Melbourne in recent times.

Originally posted by DaveW
I'm quite happy supporting a club that doesn't allow members a vote if it avoids the messy and disruptive political situations seen at clubs like Carlton and Melbourne in recent times.

Cant agree with ur logic myself. U prefer dictatorships is that what ur saying? Democracy has flaws but it it the only way.

I pay my membership I expect a vote.

The flip side to what u said is that the Swans members (if there are any true ones) for instance have to put with "dipshi.t" Colless as president and have no say about it and can do nothing about it.

No wonder the club is a mess.

The same also applies for Fremantle u say.

I imagine the same also holds for the other clubs - adel, wc and brisbane.

of course it is mate - thats what sadam says too to the iraqi people too.

If you dont elect the board it is out of ur hands so u as members ur not in control of ur club (so I hesitate to even call it that).

Ur just a customer and not a member in my opinion. big difference to victorian clubs where u become members.

if ur happy with thats fine. i myself think complacency and apathy is a disgrace.

u call it a popularity conteset - but what would u do if u didnt like the board and they were sending u bankrupt alar fremantle?

Originally posted by Mr Ripper
If the Brisbane Lions CEO has his way, we'll need a salary cap for cheer squads.

Can you actually believe he threatened to shut down the volunteer run CS in favour of getting in contract workers! Sad but true. :eek:

(This post will be deleted if seen, btw, so make the most of it) :D
Now that sounds very, very... unlikely to be true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Salary Cap for Football Departments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back