Sam Jacobs

Remove this Banner Ad

agreed....

Just put his price up to a late first rounder I would suggest.

Blues may have second thought of trading him and try and move Hampson on instead.

He had a great game today, and proves to all those on this thread who were speaking about how crap he is......

Your only as good as your last performance and 44 good hit outs in an AFL final will drive his price up if anything.

Was a good and bad thing. Showed he can play, but may have driven his price up. Having said that, one game does not make you a gun either.

I'm sure Port will rate him over all AFL games played and not 1 game.

The benefit of today is that at least most Port fans got a decent look at Jacobs and can stop calling him a spud! It also shows the real pecking order at Carlton...he is third choice behind two outstanding prospects in Kruezer and Warnock...no shame there.

I don't think his value changes much.

Was a good and bad thing. Showed he can play, but may have driven his price up. Having said that, one game does not make you a gun either.
I agree it does not make him a gun and nobody should get sucked in on a one off performance...BUT, when you have a game like that on the Big stage (AFL final) it gives you credibility and shows you can do it when it really counts.
I just think after today's performance hes not going to get any cheaper
P.S...We are about to be flooded with Blues:rolleyes:

Rhode has already stated we are not going to trade for a ruckman
this trade period and are investing in Lobbe.
I dont know why carlton fans still think he will come to port.

Jacob's played a great game. Carlton would be better off keeping him than accepting a second round pick from us. I'd be disappointed if we use our first round pick for anything other than a midfielder.

Rhode has already stated we are not going to trade for a ruckman
this trade period and are investing in Lobbe.
I dont know why carlton fans still think he will come to port.

because he's asked to be traded back to SA and his preference is Port, altho' he'd take the Crows.

1) The Crows should have a go as long as Carlton don't want the farm.

2) Carlton should ruck him and Warnock and make Kreuzer into the forward they keep banging on about anyway. Silly move if he wants a trade home because he does't reckon he'll get a look in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reminds me of Fergus Watts's 10 goal SANFL finals game for the Eagles just when he wanted to be traded. Worked out well for the crows anyway.

He was good today, I'd like us to have a crack at getting him over here...despite what Rohde said, we need another ruckman who can come in and play first ruck should Brogan get injured and Lobbe at the moment isn't the best option

Reminds me of Fergus Watts's 10 goal SANFL finals game for the Eagles just when he wanted to be traded. Worked out well for the crows anyway.

The only difference is that Fergus had one good game at SANFL level, and Jacobs has had a blistering season at VFL level and performed really well all year at AFL level.

Any Port supporter who doesn't think he'd be a great pickup is an idiot.

I hope and pray that when the new coach steps in he looks at Jacobs and moves heaven and earth to secure him for a second round pick.

Give them an offer sure but don't sell the farm. With a possibility of the interchange getting capped there might not be a need for 2 genuine rucks anymore.

Pick 26-28 whatever we can get for Motlop should be a good price.

Meanwhile on the 2 rucks thing..... Jacob's would be our number 1, so why worry about a second? Personally if I was the new coach I'd ask Broges to retire, get Jacobs then work forward with Jacobs as our number 1 and Lobbe as number 2. We wont be any good for a couple years so if we can get a ruckman that'll be a gun when we are in our prime like Jacobs then DO IT!!! Jacobs will be better than anyone we've got and we'd be stupid not to at least try and get him.

The price just doubled

I don't see any, just a simple fact. We'll want more, thus we probably won't agree to a trade. Sound stupid?

That's the first one that came to mind. If the agreed value for Sam Jacobs is one second round draft pick then your proposition of his price doubling becomes two second round draft picks.

That's fact.

Used car salesman's eyes must light up when some of you guys walk on their lots. ;)

Yup....agreed 100%. The grass is always greener for some.

Mids like Judd and Murphy can make an average game look spectacular. But he is tall and he can tap the ball, completely agree on that.

Hopefully Carlton keep the kid.

Yup....agreed 100%. The grass is always greener for some.

Mids like Judd and Murphy can make an average game look spectacular. But he is tall and he can tap the ball, completely agree on that.

Hopefully Carlton keep the kid.

So a 15 possession 44 hitout game still wasn't enough to start to convince you?

Keep in mind he is only 1 year ahead of Lobbe. Do you think Lobbe will be doing that come this time next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Jacobs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back