Sam Newman- people have had enough of this shameless racist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks, just a friendly reminder that this thread is about Sam Newman. All discussion on the upcoming referendum - please continue ON THE SRP BOARD

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s because Australians are naturally racist people, with unbelievable levels of ignorance to indigenous people.
Humans are racist by nature.
An Asian child will ignore non-asians, black children ignore non-black. Whites ignore non-whites.
There's many studies on it.
The fact we actually have somewhat of a harmonious society is amazing

An Asian child will ignore non-asians, black children ignore non-black. Whites ignore non-whites.
That's due to ignorance.
That's why normalisation is so important.

That's why things like Welcome to Country are so important.
It's because it makes ignorant people aware of Indigenous people and Indigenous culture. And makes it a normal part of society.

That's why racists are so against it.

I work in a professional IT/business environment, and I don't think I've ever seen a welcome to country in a work meeting. That would be very funny.

Edit: also flights? I fly Qantas/Jetstar/Virgin a few times a year, and I don't think I've heard it

Yeh we get it announced before every main meeting ( Mining industry ) , and whenever we fly to and from work. ( Virgin )

I mean... That's what everyone is asking you to do...

Almost all of your complaints would be answered if you spent anytime actually looking this information up.

It's why you cannot and will not ever substantiate your position.
It's because you don't even know where to begin.
You just have hate.
Buddy, I'm not gonna repeat myself to every poster here. You can read my comments or not, but don't make up a character, assassinate it, and call it a win.

Buddy, I'm not gonna repeat myself to every poster here. You can read my comments or not, but don't make up a character, assassinate it, and call it a win.
I'm not asking you to repeat yourself.

I'm asking you to support a position that you seem passionate about.

The moment you've been pushed for details, you've run away.
That makes your motives pretty clear.

I've asked you direct questions. You run away from them and play the victim...
That's a pathetic way for any adult to engage with their views.

I wish you all the best.

I'm not asking you to repeat yourself.

I'm asking you to support a position that you seem passionate about.

The moment you've been pushed for details, you've run away.
That makes your motives pretty clear.

I've asked you direct questions. You run away from them and play the victim...
That's a pathetic way for any adult to engage with their views.

I wish you all the best.
You are literally asking me to repeat myself

You are literally asking me to repeat myself
You've spent more time repeating yourself saying you don't want to repeat yourself... than you have with a quick explanation as to why you're against the Welcome to Country.

You could just quote yourself... and spend less time than typing out that you don't want to repeat yourself...

I think it's because you haven't and can't actually explain, specifically, why you're against Welcome to Country...
You just want to be a victim...

You've spent more time repeating yourself saying you don't want to repeat yourself... than you have with a quick explanation as to why you're against the Welcome to Country.

You could just quote yourself... and spend less time than typing out that you don't want to repeat yourself...

I think it's because you haven't and can't actually explain, specifically, why you're against Welcome to Country...
You just want to be a victim...
I'd rather not do your bidding actually, it's funnier this way. Go read my comments or cry some more, either way is fine. The irony being you could have read my posts by now.

Sam's comments were out of line and bordering on racist but I can't help but wonder why these welcome to country things are always necessary and feel it's really just pandering a little. I'd have to ask some of my Indigenous friends but I'm not really sure if it's needed all the time. I've been to NBL games were they do a welcome to country each game but never sing the national anthem.

And I don't think wondering what the motive is or need for the welcome to country makes you racist personally.
But I don't like how divisive Sam is though and some of his comments are.
A friend was telling me that they have have a welcome to country at work before a team meeting. If that is happening everywhere you can understand some people getting frustrated with it. I don't condone people booing it. But I would like any channel televising it to put up subtitles to translate what is spoken that isn't in english

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No they’re not. That’s absolute dogshit.

I'd rather not do your bidding actually, it's funnier this way. Go read my comments or cry some more, either way is fine.
No problem.

I'm just going to accurately call you an ignorant bigot, who opposes the Welcome to Country, because it's a normalisation of Indigenous people, that you hate.

Be well, but please be better.

A friend was telling me that they have have a welcome to country at work before a team meeting. If that is happening everywhere you can understand some people getting frustrated with it. I don't condone people booing it. But I would like any channel televising it to put up subtitles to translate what is spoken that isn't in english
Why frustrated though??

Outside of general meeting frustration, why this specifically?

No problem.

I'm just going to accurately call you an ignorant bigot, who opposes the Welcome to Country, because it's a normalisation of Indigenous people, that you hate.

Be well, but please be better.
I don't hate indigenous people lmao, see guys this is what you get for disagreeing with the woke mob. You wanna see suppression of speech in action? Here it is. He won't even address my argument, won't read my posts, but he's more than happy to label me whatever fits his delusions. Get help buddy.

Because people are sick of it? That's unhinged? Alright, expecting people to put up with this crap constantly is a bit unhinged if you ask me.

'Crap'?

The game still starts at the same time.

I think the WTC is terribly overused in a lot of cases but it has no meaningful impact in most of our lives, so why do you even care?

No, please enlighten me as to what free speech means. We used to have police protected nazi rallies not so long ago, has the meaning changed?
It means the government can't prosecute your for your thoughts/ideas and what you say in public.

It doesn't stop such ideas causing consequences from the private sector.

'Crap'?

The game still starts at the same time.

I think the WTC is terribly overused in a lot of cases but it has no meaningful impact in most of our lives, so why do you even care?

It means the government can't prosecute your for your thoughts/ideas and what you say in public.

It doesn't stop such ideas causing consequences from the private sector.
So what's your point? I don't really care that much, but it is annoying and overused, so I might boo it if I had the chance and anonymity. Btw the private sector reaches into government policy and mainstream culture, bless our oligarchs/blackrock.

I don't hate indigenous people lmao, see guys this is what you get for disagreeing with the woke mob. You wanna see suppression of speech in action? Here it is. He won't even address my argument, won't read my posts, but he's more than happy to label me whatever fits his delusions. Get help buddy.
It's not that you've shown you disagree with me on anything...

You've asked me to spend more time looking up your personal opinion on a footy forum...
Than you've spent looking up what Welcome to Country actually is...

That alone... is ignorant, and probably based on a disparaging view of Indigenous people and culture...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back