Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
new coach may not be there by trade week, hope the list manager is at least!

That would be a disaster. Coach needs to be there. We went through this when Sando was overseas during a previous trade week. It maybe the list manager crouching the numbers but the coach has got to have THE say in who he gets.

If Danger leaves because his coach mate leaves, then seeya later. Players don't dictate club decisions.
Yes, definitely. I seriously hope this sacking isn't for one of 2 reasons 1) Dangerfield wanted him gone or 2) Roo wanted Goodwin to have the job.

We don't want a Lakers/Kobe situation where a player makes most of the decisions (or at least leverages them).
And we don't want the Boys club to continue.

It would be a bit insane to have it as Goodwin with the Essendon drug saga playing out. I don't doubt they'll go for an untried coach it will just have to be someone who shares the same vision as Roo and the board . . . . whatever that is

Exactly. "Mutual decision to part ways", "embark on a nationwide search". It's PR bullshit that organisations always give out in this situation.

Sando was sacked because they've lined up someone whom they view as better.
lined up someone better OR they uncovered enough to say we can't afford to go on with this bloke (e.g. players so against him he won't get the most out of them or some may even leave)

I think its quite likely the latter. They made the decision the last 1-2 weeks, waited for the new CEO to be announced as he needs to ratify the decision.

The new CEO talks about putting the best people in the right seats etc to prepare us for bold moves which little did we know was already planned to start with this.

Trawled through many pages since announcement and couldn't believe Bassett only got mentioned since page 38.

As long as he is out there and not signed to a senior coaching position we have a very good fallback.

Cant believe some people dont like him as an option.

Yes ex crows but not boys club member - that's the best thing about him. Will tell anyone and everyone straight up what he thinks, doesnt matter who they are. Did it when he played and initially was maligned for it, once it became accepted he grew and grew and grew. Dont care he hasnt done senior coaching gig, did brilliant with Norwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think its a good move. We all know it would eventually happen so what's the point in treading water for another 12 months. Whoever made the decision, gutsy, gutsy move as long as Goodwin isn't lined up as the replacement.

SIGN VOSSY !!!!!!!!!!!

Noooo.

darthvadernooo.jpg

hahaha some quality call ins can't believe I'm still listening to this but its funny to hear McTurncoat feigning disgrace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back