VFL Sandringham Zebras 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Another very decent fight going into 3 qtr time. Huge amount of feeling now. JWS given some treatment and looks fired up. Drago has copped plenty from the opposition (including the crowd). Playing well. Kazak nice mark 30 put but missed very gettable shot. Heyney also missed one from in front. Port taking their opportunities a little better. 3.4 to 4.2

Another very decent fight going into 3 qtr time. Huge amount of feeling now. JWS given some treatment and looks fired up. Drago has copped plenty from the opposition (including the crowd). Playing well. Kazak nice mark 30 put but missed very gettable shot. Heyney also missed one from in front. Port taking their opportunities a little better. 3.4 to 4.2

How can it be 3 qtr time - the game start time is listed as 2pm?

How can it be 3 qtr time - the game start time is listed as 2pm?

It was clearly a typo, he is making the updates while trying to watch the game. :)

Copped a hiding in that quarter. Port too good at the stoppages and kicked well for goal. 5.5 to 13.5.

Kazak couldn't get a sniff.

JWS with a nice goal and getting some touches.

Better quarter but Macca missed one late (put off by the siren). 10.8 to 16.7.

Alias went to the backline and played well that quarter. PC to full back. Peakey got a few touches and kicked a goal (but missed a gettable one). Rob Eddy finally got a bit of it. Heyney a lovely goal from the boundary. Patto had a good quarter.

hope its not a fat finger mistake like in americas dow jones stock exchange yesterday and sends the zebras score back to nil

Yes, I work in the finance industry.

Yes, I'm glad the sharemarket is closed.

First goal to Port after a few chances went begging.

Ah Port are a damn fine side. When I saw them in that practice match they did the same thing to us. Our boys were playing against men that day, and it sounds like the same thing here.

Oh, on SS somebody reckons they overheard that Armo is an out for Gram this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the updates.

2010 VFL Seniors

Port Melbourne 4.2 13.5 16.7 25.12 (162)
Sandringham 3.4 5.5 10.8 10.10 (70)

GOALS:
Port Melbourne: Sinclair 4 Galea 3 Raymond 3 McMahon 3 Lynch 2 Dalton Brewer Keddell Pinwill Dillon Thornton Martin Neville Bentick Valenti
Sandringham: Peake 2 Magner 2 Cahill Stanley Smith Heyne Sautner McEvoy

BEST:
Port Melbourne: McMahon Martin Raymond Pinwill McGrath Sandilands
Sandringham: Gallagher Walsh Gaertner Magner Tregear Irving

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Port Melbourne: NIL
Sandringham: NIL

Walsh again. Geezuz.

So anymore on JWS?

Port smashed us, so I wouldn't read too much into the bests list. They probably had the best 6-7 on the ground.

Walsh was alright, but his man got the better of him a few times. He has a booming kick which could be a good weapon in the future. However he sometimes hesitates too much, which he can get away with at this level, but the faster pace of the AFL is probably too much for him at the moment.

JWS had a fair game. Some good stuff, but also a couple of clangers. Lovely goal and just great to see him back on the pitch again. He ran the game out without any problems.

Stanley went off either during the 2nd quarter or at half time. I saw him suited up at the 3/4 time huddle and he didn't look in any distress, so not sure what was wrong with him.

Squizzy can probably give a better assessment of most of the players - he was far better at recognising them than me. Was good to meet him and blues2010 - they both know their footy pretty well :thumbsu:

Stanley went off either during the 2nd quarter or at half time. I saw him suited up at the 3/4 time huddle and he didn't look in any distress, so not sure what was wrong with him.

Possibly with an eye for Monday Night?

Just incase (god forbid) there is a disaster before now and then, Rhys might be required?

I'm guessing we were getting smashed at half time so they might of thought about putting him on ice for the rest of the day in case he is needed?

Just a thought? I'll try and find out:thumbsu:

B10 mentioned Kazak playing a half was pre-planned. Did hurt us late, as Port had all the run at the end.

Bonnadio was pretty quiet in a comfortable win by Port, so the club would be pretty happy with Walsh. Couple of very long (60m) passes hit the target.

Macca played well around the ground in the second half, although we got beaten in the ruck again this week.

Wool was playing well until the Zebs thought it would be a good idea to put him up forward. The ball pretty much didn't go there for the rest of the game. If we wanted to make a move when PC went to full back, thought we erred in not putting Wool in the ruck (Macca could've gone forward).

Some good signs for JWS. I was quite surprised he played 1's, but as Zagg said he got through OK. Holding the ball 2-3 times, but was more some pretty severe officiating (we did not get the rub with the Port crowd baying all day for more free kicks) than being run down.

Thought Zeb players Hunter, Bruno, and Magner were good along with Gallagher.

Pattison, Smith, Eddy, Peake all OK. Rob Eddy would have to be the most smothered footballer in Australia - dunno how but even his handballs were getting deflected away today.

B10 said the 2's were up by 5 goals before being over-run in a thriller. Leigh Fish was the best player with 3 goals. Archer also 3 goals. Tommy S another game under his belt. Ooh Aah didn't play. B10 also mentioned the luckless Lynchy will miss 3 weeks which was a shame as he would have been handy today.

Possibly with an eye for Monday Night?

Just incase (god forbid) there is a disaster before now and then, Rhys might be required?

I'm guessing we were getting smashed at half time so they might of thought about putting him on ice for the rest of the day in case he is needed?

Just a thought? I'll try and find out:thumbsu:

Or (the pessemistic view) he is nusing OP and they are limiting his game time

I had to leave around 3pm for work but I appreciated the updates Squizzy. :thumbsu:

It seems to me that despite the thrashing the obvious positives are the return of Jess Smith and the continued good form of Tommy Walsh.

To hear that Smith played out the game is fantastic. Hopefully he'll pull up alright and is able to get some consistent footy under his belt. With his lack of footy over the past 2-3 years it's really just about getting more time on the field. We know he has the talent so it's just about playing footy and getting his confidence back.

As for Walsh, after watching his performance in the intra-club I really thought he'd need to spend a lot of time in the Zebras reserves to come to terms with the game but from what we're hearing he's making real progress and is improving every week.

Pattison, Smith, Eddy, Peake all OK. Rob Eddy would have to be the most smothered footballer in Australia - dunno how but even his handballs were getting deflected away today.

I really feel that this is a terrible sign for his future as an AFL footballer. He doesn't look up to the standard for mine, and if this is what is happening, then it is a sure sign that he isn't up to it.

Great to hear Smith got through the game, with a few under his belt he could become a weapon for us in the second half of the season.

Port are a great side, sounds like they got found out a bit today and it is always tough playing in a losing battle, but still would have liked to see a few more St Kilda names in the bests.

As an aside, it must be so tough for Sandy to have guns coming in and out of the side. For example Steven, he has probably been their best player up until now and then suddenly BANG he is gone into the seniors, really effects the team and midfield morale I would imagine. I hope the kid gets some more runs for our St Kilda seniors because he has earned it and it is obviously killing Sandy that he is gone... looking at Barlow and such, dominating VFL can be a sign of a great player.

Thanks all for the updates and analysis, I hope to make it to a game soon so I can do the same.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/port-take-win-from-physical-clash/story-fn53khop-1225864164169
Match report from Paul Amy

and some photos.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/gallery-fn53khop-1225864163980

162501-port-melbourne-v-sandringham.jpg
http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2010/05/09/1225864/162501-port-melbourne-v-sandringham.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Sandringham Zebras 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back