VFL Sandringham Zebras 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaertner or Wool as he is known at the Saints, I don't feel too comfortable talking about but I will say he is having a good consistent year

Nice to see Schwarze's nickname has been passed on to a new recipient. :thumbsu:

Thats just plain annoying.

To be fair you need to be banging the door down to get a game with the Saints at the moment. If Cahill can't get a game for the VFL seniors he's obviously a fair way down the pecking order as it stands. He'll get back into the seniors if his form warrants it. Perhaps if Stanley gets a surprise call up (or is kept until monday as an emergency) he'll take his spot.

I didn't see the two's game but spoke to Cahill and he said he played CHB all game in the two's (explaining the zero in the goals). He and Simpk had a little partnership going on down there, had a few laughs about passing the ball to each other at the end when the game was sewn up:D:thumbsu:

Rhys certainly didn't have his best game (was the first to admit it when I spoke to him afterwards, but was in good spirits though as always. absolute ripper of a bloke)

Heyney had a number of good chances on goal (I was terribly hungover when i was at the game and thus wasn't paying as much attention as i should have been:p aka. sleeping on the grass near the stand every now and then haha but i'm certain he kicked at least one or two? (just saw squizzy's post saying he'd kicked one, i knew i was right! don't know what the go is with whoever submitted the scores?)

I thought he was pretty solid, certainly didn't break the game open or anything but was certainly one of the better Saints listed players IMO. Has been playing supportive strapping around the knee since the game against Collingwood where he hyperextended his knee but that should come off now.

Drago was pretty good as mentioned but I still feel a little nervous when he has the footy, doesn't have a natural kicking action (as you'd expect) and is in a fair bit of trouble when he has to rush his kicks. Still impressed with how he is coming along though:thumbsu:

Forgot how much I love heading down to Trevor Barker oval:thumbsu:

VFL footy is where it's at folks:thumbsu:

Who the hell decided Sautner would be a good captain?

Maybe you should come down one day...early..and see and listen to him...as he talks to his team mates...he's always geeing up guys...and in our reserves as well...

Plus he's the most experienced player at the club...we were very lucky with captains...Peter Summers...Chad Liddell

but to answer you question...Andy Lovell and the match committee would have decided on Sautner as captain

What is also pleasing is that Sandy trained at Moorabbin on Friday night with the St Kilda listed guys that would be playing in the VFL...that has to be a very positive step

I should be going to the game on Saturday. Anyone want to meet up for a beer?

What is also pleasing is that Sandy trained at Moorabbin on Friday night with the St Kilda listed guys that would be playing in the VFL...that has to be a very positive step

Great to hear

needs to happen a s much as possible.
although timetabling for an AFL football team around their work loads and playing loads must be almost as horrendous as a secondary school timetable

heard Nick R saying they don;t do much for 4 days after a game, Jack steven said the week before that he would be having arun on the Sunday/Monday as he didn't end up playing.

may have to factor that in If the hawks want use- make sure saints and Sandy are priority

A bit of mail I've heard: At least one listed player to be pushed out of the side this coming weekend due to the 12/10 rule.

I didn't see the two's game but spoke to Cahill and he said he played CHB all game

I should be going to the game on Saturday. Anyone want to meet up for a beer?

Good work by the Sandringham website to get some Vision up

Thanks for that Bourky - he's played back before and actually wouldn't be the worst position for him (good leap and fairly nimble at ground level).

Great idea with the training zebraman - in earlier games players were still using surnames like "Smith!!!' to get them to pass the ball (not good).

Zagg - I'm just waiting to see the weather, but if you see someone having a squiz on the wing on the opposite side of the ground to the stand holding a crackberry (a blackberry that he's addicted to) come and say howdy (but don't call me dude). If the weather is nice, I will probably have a bike with me.

Cheers FS - great for those who aren't able to duck in for a look. With free entry for St Kilda members to home games, a nice ground to watch games at (except if the wind is howling), and the ability to say hello to various players who come for a look, more Saints fans should pop in.

Saturday at TEAC Oval- reserves 11.30 am
Seniors 2.0 pm

Seniors
B Howard Johnson Hunter
HB Walsh Gaertner Gallagher
C Peake Eddy Heyne
HF A.Smith Pattison Magner
F Sautner Sautner Stanley Sautner No.1 is actually Tregear
R McEvoy Hutchings L.Fisher
Int Irving Bruno Lourey
From K.Geary Cahill Simpkin Blake J.Geary J.Gram Heyne J.Smith Nash S.King F.Ray Irving Bruno Lourey K.Geary

Reserves
B S-Cameron Gower Stapleton
HB Shakallis L.Fisher O'Sullivan
C C.Johnston Paterakis M.Andrews
HF T.Johnston Barnes McConnell
F Ferraro Archer Boland
R Mcgrath Allan Hardiman
Int J.Smith Nissen Cathcart Jones Fleming Sands K.Geary J.Nash Simpkin Cahill Cleeve

Round 5 sees the top of the table Zebs taking on the non affiliated Port
Melbourne, this means we have to field a minimum of 10 VFL listed players and a maximum of 12 St.Kilda listed players
Jesse Smith first game also returning- Blake Mcrath
( I am sure of one change soon.... Sautner may be good but two of him would be better I guess
icon_wink.gif
) Maybe one of them is Lynch.ps It's not Lynch

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...ask=DETAIL&articleID=12022772&sectionID=60264

Jesse Smith named! HOMG!

This. :thumbsu:

Great to see.

Welcome back to Blake McGrath as well. If he can remain injury free it will be interesting to see if he can cement a spot in the Sandringham senior team as the season goes on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This. :thumbsu:

Great to see.

Welcome back to Blake McGrath as well. If he can remain injury free it will be interesting to see if he can cement a spot in the Sandringham senior team as the season goes on.

I guess Macca, Stanley and Patto are keeping him out this year.
Plenty of time for him

Ray, King, Geary, Blake
Gram, Stanley, Heyne

Curiouser and curiouser with those being "named" from the main squad on an extended bench.

That is quite normal.

They usually name the emergencies combined with the I/C bench as playing both for Sandringham and St Kilda. The players which don't play in one match usually play in the other. The complications come when the Saints match is after the Sandy match, and when they play interstate.

I'm surprised Stanley got named as a possible. Saw him last sunday and he looked pretty ordinary. It's a bit unfortunate that Sautner is in that team cos I'd like to see Stanley playing as the focal point at this level.

Tommy Walsh looks like he is picking up the ball skills. Comfortably kicking 50m+, pretty good hands BUT has no idea how to read the play or where to position himself. Never seen a guy get so hopelessly lost on a footy field. Work in progress.

That is quite normal.

They usually name the emergencies combined with the I/C bench as playing both for Sandringham and St Kilda. The players which don't play in one match usually play in the other. The complications come when the Saints match is after the Sandy match, and when they play interstate.

with Sandy playing first it will be interesting to see how many emergencies are out - one as per a game within 24 hours or 3 just incase someone doesn't get through last training.

I'm surprised Stanley got named as a possible. Saw him last sunday and he looked pretty ordinary. It's a bit unfortunate that Sautner is in that team cos I'd like to see Stanley playing as the focal point at this level.

Tommy Walsh looks like he is picking up the ball skills. Comfortably kicking 50m+, pretty good hands BUT has no idea how to read the play or where to position himself. Never seen a guy get so hopelessly lost on a footy field. Work in progress.

Yea im very suprised aswell going on reports of his form over the past few weeks, I really hope Ross isnt just naming him because all the media and supporters have been calling his name out.

Yea im very suprised aswell going on reports of his form over the past few weeks, I really hope Ross isnt just naming him because all the media and supporters have been calling his name out.[/quote]

Think you question Ross's integrity a bit too much there. He's far above that.

I have full confidence that he wouldnt do that at all, was just saying that Stanleys form in the VFL doesnt warrent being called up at all. Only got 4 or so touches last week.
He's only kicked 2 goals in his three matches so far this year, and everyone expects him to step up into the AFL and be our saviour in our forward line.
Ben McEvoy is kicking more goals then him in the VFL.

Dont get me wrong id love to see the kid get a game, but only if he's been performing well in the VFL and has earnt his spot.

I'm off to the game. Will try to give some feedback from the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Sandringham Zebras 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back