B Hallahan Johnson Howard

HB Waller Gaertner Nash

C A. Smith Hutchings Heyne

HF Lynch Stanley Tregear

F Ferraro Walsh Sautner

R King Magner Steven

Int O'Sullivan Fleming Irving Sands Hardiman T. Johnston Simpkin Archer

missed a couple Samm- Johnson and Walsh

I wonder where Will is at.... :() seems anice guy but doesn't seem to have been considered.

Good to see Kingy back in to get some game time as the season ends.

Bendigo Bombers 0.2 3.5 3.6 4.10 (34)
Sandringham 5.6 5.8 12.11 18.14 (122)

GOALS:
Sandringham: Sautner 7 Tregear 3 Ferraro Nash Walsh Waller King Steven Lynch Archer

BEST:
Sandringham: Smith Gaertner Tregear Howard Walsh Sautner

Sounds good. Doesn't mean too much now in the scheme of things I guess though.

Tell that to Gaertner who is still pushing for a senior list spot, or Walsh who is trying to justify travelling across the world to play a different sport, or Smith who was an emergency for the Saints team in Round 15.

Add Rhys and Jack who would be desparate for a recall.

Tell that to Gaertner who is still pushing for a senior list spot, or Walsh who is trying to justify travelling across the world to play a different sport, or Smith who was an emergency for the Saints team in Round 15.

Add Rhys and Jack who would be desparate for a recall.

Hmmm, fair enough. I'd like to see Rhys or Jack get a recall, but I'm a pessimist sometimes.

It is good to see Kingy in amongst it though.

Stats after the big win on the weekend (noting only 10 Saints lined up in the team, with Simmo in the reserves and PC not playing at all).

Alias - 26 poss (12 contested including 2 contested marks), 6 tackles

Lynchy - 23 poss, 2 contested marks

Darch - 19 poss, 3 tackles

Kingy - 18 poss, 5 tackles, 28 hitouts

Drago - 17 poss

Willy J - 17 poss

Hutchy - 17 poss, 7 tackles

Jack - 15 poss, 5 tackles

Wool - 12 poss, 3 tackles, 9 hitouts

Rhys - 10 poss (8 contested), 6 marks, 3 tackles

91 tackles and 39 free kicks conceded - looks like the boys were having a real dip!

Did "Wool" just play 2nd ruck to Kingy, or was he up back as well.
Looking forward to Smith getting a seniors game next year.
Wool played wing and second ruck, not at all down back all day only had a bit over 60% gametime so surprised that got in best but looked good when on. Had a few scraps with Bellchambers and don't think they like each other much.

Ali Smith was superb, all Saints players did well, Rhys looked damaging in the air. Sautner played his best game of the year.

Tommy Walsh is that far ahead of where I thought he would be and his kicking is great for someone in their first year. Fantastic goal from outside 50.

Will Johnson held the backline together and had a great game and Kingy dominated in the ruck.

The year over now for Sandy firsts so hopefully they can carry this form into next year. The young side will be a year older and stronger so hope that translates into a better year.

Go the Saints in the finals, out of 3 teams really so Saints as good a chance as any.

Thanks B10.

Darch has qualified for the reserves final, so a great opportunity to continue his form from the last two games (has had a pretty tough year as a 18 yo key forward).

Nick Sautner on SEN at present

plans to wait and see on future plans-- will work with Board, manager and new coach..
would not play anywhere else..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well done to the Sandringham reserves for getting to the preliminary Final next Saturday with a come from behind win over Port at Box Hill yesterday

only Saint Involved was Daniel Archer who managed to kick a goal.

TEAC next saturday at 11 am- a win ther puts them into the grand final on Sept 11th at Teac.

Preliminary Final
Sandringham vs Williamstown (Reserves Grade)
Saturday 4th September
11am @ Port Melbourne

Good to see Darch make another strong contribution (was named at half back). That's a really strong last 4-5 weeks to take into the pre-season. Whilst not expecting him to push for a spot next year, this lad's got something.

Williamstown 2.4 4.4 7.4 10.7 (67)
Sandringham 2.3 6.3 7.5 7.7 (49)

Goals: Lourey 3 Boland 2 McMahon Fleming
Best: Fleming Geary Jones Archer Andrews Paterakis

(Second gear again in the best, and I also like Jones as a long term prospect)

Darch - 18 possessions, 6 hitouts

Second Gear - 20 possessions (highest for the Zebs and again finished the game strongly with 7 in the last quarter)

Jones (18yo 196cm draft prospect last year who had a pretty handy agility test at draft camp) - 16 possessions, 35 hitouts

The season wrap up has shown Alias averaging 15 possessions in his 17 games and 4.5 tackles. A good season given his tagging roles most weeks.

He's a player I can see demanding a senior role if he can step it up a bit over the pre-season.
I like players who can be damaging while they tag, ( except for Cameron bloody Ling ).
There may not be room for too many Baker's or Dempsters in the team, but there is plenty of room for another CJ.

He's a player I can see demanding a senior role if he can step it up a bit over the pre-season.
I like players who can be damaging while they tag, ( except for Cameron bloody Ling ).
There may not be room for too many Baker's or Dempsters in the team, but there is plenty of room for another CJ.

His kicking still needs a fair bit of work, and (if he played) he'd probably be instructed to handball.

But maybe they can get it to click over summer, as he's still only 20yo.

With Stanley (19), Steven (20), Simpkin (20), Heyne (20), Lynch (20) and Smith (Macca is only 21yo as well) there's a bit to like about the younger brigade.

Archer (18) could be quite good in a few years, hopefully Wool (20) will get a senior spot, Hutchings (19) has played some good footy at times, Winmar (19) is a likely type if he gets his body right, and Drago (plenty of time at 22yo) will probably be close to the mark at some stage next year - although he still needs another 12 months for mine to pick up a few more good footy instincts.

It has been reported that the Saints have given the green light for the Zebs to appoint their own part time coach, who will (unusually) not be on the coaching staff at St Kilda.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Sandringham Zebras 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back