VFL Sandringham Zebras 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

NO Gaertner is a ruckman-- almost as tall as Blake McGrath who is 6 ft 10

He has had quite a consistant year.

it will be interesting to see what the saints do with all their rookies-
a couple have been on the list for a couple of years now

personally I would expect Hutchings and Walsh and Simpkin to be upgraded
Archer has shown a bit- although not regular in the seniors
Fisher - I like Leigh's leadership but would think if contract ended he will go- unless Sandringham pick him up
Allen retired
so it leaves Gaerts and Big Blake. tall men...?

Correct me if im wrong but isnt Gaertner a backman not a ruckman?

The only Sandy game I've seen live was last year at Coburg when he and Stanley were in the ruck. I was VERY excited by what I saw that day - I thought we had two stars of the future on our hands. Obviously this year he's played back but he looked like a pretty capable ruckman to me that day.

The only Sandy game I've seen live was last year at Coburg when he and Stanley were in the ruck. I was VERY excited by what I saw that day - I thought we had two stars of the future on our hands. Obviously this year he's played back but he looked like a pretty capable ruckman to me that day.

Ah thats awesome to know. Our ruck stocks are looking really good for the future then.

From the reports I dont think Gaertner is that limited. He can play ruck or back. He's mainly played in the backline while Pattison, Stanley, King etc ruck. I see this as more a limitation of where the others can play than a reflection of Gaertners rucking.
http://http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399866&page=5

I'm a bit worried they will let Blake go at EOY , he's not had a good year, and probably not ready for AFL for some time. Its a pity, it can be worth persisting with the really tall athletic types.

given Rhyss won the G/F Sprint he must be quick ;)

Indeed.

Looks like Wool was too quick for his opponent on a pretty ordinary day for the Zebs.

North Ballarat 2.4 2.7 4.9 9.13 (67)
Sandringham 2.0 2.0 3.3 3.3 (21)

Goals: Tregear Howard Sautner
Best: Gaertner Lynch Howard Walsh Irving Archer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

End quarter flattered the result it looks like, 3 points to nothing then 2.2 to 1.3 still shows a rather even contest (despie the possibility of being ordinary) before the blow out in the last. More shocking would be the fact that they had 2 quarters where they couldn't do squat on the scoreboard.

Stats:

29 inside 50s to 70 :(

Lynch - 21 poss, 4 tackles

Alias - 18 poss

Jack - 17 poss, 5 tackles

Drago - 15 poss, 5 tackles

Hutchy - 15 poss

Darch - 14 poss, 12 hitouts

Interesting that there were no Saints players in the reserves, and only 12 in the seniors. With King, Zac, Bakes, Gardi, Raph, Cuz, Patto, and Fiery not playing (along with JWS, Leigh Fish and Ooh Aah) we are certainly exposing the list. Probably good in the long run - some of these kids are good prospects - and if you take out Sautner (1 possession) the 22 that ran out was very young.

Stats:

29 inside 50s to 70 :(

Lynch - 21 poss, 4 tackles

Alias - 18 poss

Jack - 17 poss, 5 tackles

Drago - 15 poss, 5 tackles

Hutchy - 15 poss

Darch - 14 poss, 12 hitouts

Interesting that there were no Saints players in the reserves, and only 12 in the seniors. With King, Zac, Bakes, Gardi, Raph, Cuz, Patto, and Fiery not playing (along with JWS, Leigh Fish and Ooh Aah) we are certainly exposing the list. Probably good in the long run - some of these kids are good prospects - and if you take out Sautner (1 possession) the 22 that ran out was very young.

You have to admire his efficiency though. He knows what to do with it.

I assume Walsh was in the back line.

I assume Walsh was in the back line.

Think so, although evidently had some time in the ruck.

Great to see Darch get a few possessions in the ruck too.

Then I'm thinking:

633507749026579250-Soup-Nazi.jpg

Soup Nazi:
No Soup for you! You come back, one year!

And by "soup", I mean senior games of AFL... for anybody...

14 poss, no tackles.

Whilst a good effort last week first-up from an injury layoff, it may have caught up with him this week after recovery.

Hmmmm not good.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Sandringham Zebras 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back