VFL Sandringham Zebras 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Lost by 3 points after too many kicking errors in the last 10 mins.

Heard Heyney played a bit better this week along with Lynchy. Rhys went well in the ruck (good timing if Gardi is injured).

Alias was good early but faded.

Simmo did OK on Bonnadio without getting a lot of it himself.

Lost by 3 points after too many kicking errors in the last 10 mins.

I was wondering why our points score went backwards on the VFL site but I see that they mixed up the scores.

Rhys went well in the ruck (good timing if Gardi is injured).

Good to hear, but just out of curiosity, where/how was Pattison? Ross will probably consider him.

Sandringham 5.2 5.4 8.12 10.13 (73)
Port Melbourne 1.3 6.6 7.6 11.10 (76)

Goals: Sautner 4 Lynch 2 Cahill Tregear Walsh Waller
Best: Tregear Lynch Miles Sautner Magner Simpkin

Did Armitage play today? How did he play if he did?

Did Armitage play today? How did he play if he did?

I get the feeling some don't hang on my every word - see earlier post! :p

Struggled from what I saw and B10 didn't mention him from the first half (it was remiss of me, B10 did say that Miles had been playing well before I got there - hence being named in the best).

But just good to see Armo back and he threw himself in 100% as always.

Great to see Armo back playing, he is the x factor IMO for finals. ANother hard nut who's game style is suited to finals.. Please Rossco, give him a crack in round 21.

I get the feeling some don't hang on my every word - see earlier post! :p

Struggled from what I saw and B10 didn't mention him from the first half (it was remiss of me, B10 did say that Miles had been playing well before I got there - hence being named in the best).

But just good to see Armo back and he threw himself in 100% as always.

Sorry didnt look back through old posts I had read as their wasnt any mention of him. Did you edit the post?

Anyway good to hear he got through the match. Wasnt expecting a standout performance since it was his first game back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stats:

Lynch - 28 poss (11 contested), 14 marks, 3 tackles

Fiery - 23 poss (13 contested), 4 tackles

Armo - 21 poss (11 contested), 8 tackles

Alias - 20 poss (8 contested), 13 tackles

Rhys - 14 poss (7 contested), 4 tackles, 28 hit-outs

Stats:

Rhys - 14 poss (7 contested), 4 tackles, 28 hit-outs

Who was Rhys against in the ruck? 28 hitouts seem a decent run - but really depends on the opposition.

Who was Rhys against in the ruck? 28 hitouts seem a decent run - but really depends on the opposition.

Whilst I only saw the second half, I was impressed. He was a foot above the other ruckman's hand a number of times. The opposition was David Fanning and Tim Martin (who was their second best player last time we played them, although he has been out injured until two weeks ago). Doesn't look like Dylan McLaren played.

Port Melbourne are a darn good side, and Gary Ayers has really found his niche with them - he's really a gun VFL coach, especially for a stand-alone side. I saw the practice match earlier this year, and their rucks were pretty impressive then.

Where is Nick Winmar I see he has not been playing for the Zebras lately if at all this season. Does not seem to be on the injury lists for the saints either.

North Ballarat vs. Sandringham
Saturday 14th August
Eureka Stadium at 2:00 PM

North Ballarat

B: Greig Moloney Sharkey
HB: White Tyler Richardson
C: Couch N. Peters Lynch
HF: I. Smith J. Smith Micallef
F: Campbell Hale C. Jones
R: Stephenson Sewell Clifton
Int: Harding Tate Garlett Sully* Dinnell McKenzie Bell Struth Dillon C. Benjamin McHugh

Sandringham
B: Sands Simpkin Hallahan
HB: Lynch Johnson Howard
C: Heyne Magner Miles
HF: Irving Cahill Tregear
F: Walsh Sautner Waller
R: Gaertner Hutchings Armitage
Int: Stanley K. Geary T. Johnston J. Geary Ferraro Pattison Steven R. Eddy Dempster Hardiman A. Smith Archer

Correct me if im wrong but isnt Gaertner a backman not a ruckman?

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Sandringham Zebras 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back