VFL Sandringham Zebras 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

heading along to my first Zeb's game for the year on Sunday so will give a little report I guess:thumbsu:

If I see someone barracking excessively for Heyney (and that's just when he's doing the warm up) I'll be tipping it will be Bourky.

SeniorsSandringham vs. Coburg Tigers
Sunday 2nd May Trevor Barker Beach Oval at 2:00 PM
Sandringham
B A. Smith Gaertner Hunter
HB Walsh Johnson Gallagher
C L. Fisher Heyne Howard
HF Irving Pattison Tregear
F Sautner Stanley Bruno
R McEvoy Magner Hutchings
Int Lynch Nash R. Eddy Fleming Archer Peake Lourey K. Geary

Coburg Tigers
B Webberley Post Farmer
HB Connors Gourdis Dea
C A. Collins Thomson White
HF McMahon Polak Carnell
F Hislop Griffiths Roberts
R Simmonds Piuselli Kahlefeldt
Int Browne O'Rielly Contin Jordon M. Smith Morgan Graham Dennis
Rayson Bisetto* Morris Clifton

Reserves
Sandringham vs. Coburg Tigers (Reserve Grade)
Sunday 2nd May Trevor Barker Beach Oval at 11:00 AM
Sandringham
B Smith-Cameron Gower Stapleton
HB McConnell Simpkin O'Sullivan
C Shakallis Paterakis C. Johnston
HF Barnes Cahill Hardiman
F Andrews Boland T. Johnston
R D. Jones Allan Ferraro
Int Archer Lynch Nash Cleeve Lourey K. Geary Fleming

Coburg Tigers
B Pope W. Smith Morris
HB Grimes Fahey Contin
C Lucin Cattapan M. Ambrose
HF Hicks Lawton Warren
F Westhoff Jordon A. Meroli
R Dahl Duhau Kandilakis
Int Akkus El Houli P. Ambrose Sardo J. Collins Saville Fitaax Geary

Well done Mark Hutchings in getting into the seniors
welcome back Lynchy

Anyone know whats wrong with "Ooh Ah"

Have seen him at the games, nothing obvious. Will ask if I see him on Sunday (he's not that hard to spot in a crowd).

Few interesting selections, with Alias in the back pocket, our man Heyney in the guts, and Kazak getting a run at it in the FF role. PC will have to be content with the gig in the 2's again.

No Dempster again!

Guys i know that we have vested interests in the Saints listed players but, for those interested i recommend keeping an eye on Chris Irving from Seaford. I played at the club and do believe that he can make the grade. Very quick and extremely fit. Good under packs with enormous courage but, also has the ability for the quick breaks and run through the lines. As we have also seen can also kick goals. Has won the MVP 3 times in the MPNFL at only 22 and played in three flags. Hope he can prove his worth and we pick him up on the list next year. Also, would love to see another Seaford boy in the Saints jumper.....

Guys i know that we have vested interests in the Saints listed players but, for those interested i recommend keeping an eye on Chris Irving from Seaford. I played at the club and do believe that he can make the grade. Very quick and extremely fit. Good under packs with enormous courage but, also has the ability for the quick breaks and run through the lines. As we have also seen can also kick goals. Has won the MVP 3 times in the MPNFL at only 22 and played in three flags. Hope he can prove his worth and we pick him up on the list next year. Also, would love to see another Seaford boy in the Saints jumper.....

I was going to wait until I'd seen a couple more games, but he sure is ripping it up. Reminds me a little of a bloke from Colac who has played a few games for the Saints. Just fearless and relentless. I confused him for Mark Hutchings during one of the practice games, and thought he looked a bloody good choice for a rookie. If he keeps this up there should be a spot on an AFL list for him.

I was going to wait until I'd seen a couple more games, but he sure is ripping it up. Reminds me a little of a bloke from Colac who has played a few games for the Saints. Just fearless and relentless. I confused him for Mark Hutchings during one of the practice games, and thought he looked a bloody good choice for a rookie. If he keeps this up there should be a spot on an AFL list for him.
Yes the dreadlocked one is getting a good following amongst Sandy supporters and I think it was a smart move to come to VFL to have a chance at getting recognised. Another to look out for is Trigger number 19, he has a deadly left foot and is only 22 so you never know. Very strong Sandy side in this week and a weakened Coburg side so we should get up fairly easily but footy is not played on paper so hopefully a few Saints fans can get out there and support the up and comers.
Go Sandy, on top to stop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zebs dominated first quarter - 2.7 to 0.3.

Rob Eddy plenty of touches but kicking is a bit off.

Walsh going well and growing in confidence.

Kazak struggling to get into the game.

Field kicking is poor from both teams despite good conditions.

Lynchy going OK - getting a few touches at ground level.

Pattison pretty good, Macca only fair at this stage.

Spoke to Blake McGrath - had some minor knee surgery but will play next week.

Couple of quick ones to Coburg early in the second with Wool having trouble with Polak. Kazak missed a relatively easy shot on goal. Sautner kicked his 2nd after some good work from Irving. 3.8 to 2.3.

Poor finish to the quarter with some errors down back and ordinary kicking into F50. Had most of the play but trail by 1 pt at half time. 4.9 to 5.4. Sautner 3 goals.

8 point win in the end, but they made hard work of it kicking 10.18 in near perfect footy conditions.

Kazak had a real tough day, along with a number of his Saints teammates.

Peake was pretty decent in the 2nd half, but it was mainly the Zebras players who stood up - Irving, Bruno, Magner and Tregear all getting their share of the ball. Hutchings was OK and goes in hard for a smaller type. Walsh played well pretty much the whole game - still learning.

Can provide reports on individual players on request, although not much to write home about.

How did Big Ben go?

2010 VFL Seniors

Sandringham 2.7 4.9 10.15 10.18 (78)
Coburg Tigers 0.3 5.4 8.6 10.10 (70)

GOALS:
Sandringham: Sautner 4 Pattison 2 Bruno Magner Stanley Archer
Coburg Tigers: Polak 3 Hislop 2 Jordon 2 Piuselli Kahlefeldt White

BEST:
Sandringham: Tregear Eddy Walsh Gaertner Sautner Magner
Coburg Tigers: Polak Hislop Rayson Morgan Gourdis Connors

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Sandringham: NIL
Coburg Tigers: NIL

2010 VFL Reserves

Sandringham 5.1 8.1 14.7 19.13 (127)
Coburg Tigers 2.0 5.0 6.1 7.2 (44)

GOALS:
Sandringham: Ferraro 4 Lourey 4 Barnes 4 Geary 3 Hardiman 2 Johnston O'Sullivan
Coburg Tigers: Westhoff 2 Lawton 2 Duhau Hicks Gestier

BEST:
Sandringham: Geary Jones Nash Johnston Smith-Cameron Boland
Coburg Tigers: Collins El Houli Warren Lawton Ambrose Kandilakis

Our man Heyne, go Squizzy go!

Whilst Bourky will no doubt have a view, Heyney was disappointing in the first half, and seemed to play within himself which isn't my favourite. Missed a goal from 30 directly in front. However, worked his way into it in the 2nd half, and pumped some 50m kicks into the hotspot a number of times. Worked hard in pack situations, but would wonder whether the club is looking for his defensive efforts to lift.

How did Big Ben go?

Angus Graham and Andrew Browne had the better of Macca until late in the third. Macca finished the game strongly, but with the field kicking being so poor it was pretty tough for the big guys. Wasn't able to have his normal impact forward of centre.

Not sure what happened in the 2's with Cahill and Simpkin who were both there in Sandy gear during the seniors. No goals to PC obviously. Very surprised to see Lourey in the 2's - good VFL player. Kallen Geary BOG - another one unlucky to miss senior selection.

Not sure what happened in the 2's with Cahill and Simpkin who were both there in Sandy gear during the seniors. No goals to PC obviously. Very surprised to see Lourey in the 2's - good VFL player. Kallen Geary BOG - another one unlucky to miss senior selection.

Cahill and Simpkin both played in the 2's...both did pretty well in a real team effort...a few dropped from last week's win at Williamstown...Geary, Lourey, Nash, Fleming...

A strange day today...apart from the 2nd quarter Sandy were by far the better team yet with bad kicking, Coburg were always a threat...Sandy should have won by a much bigger margin....still...don't mind winning if you're playing badly...a bigger test next week with Port Melbourne at Port Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Sandringham Zebras 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back