Teams SC 2015 - My team (During NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, that was it. I never had a problem with anyone on that board before that. I feel totally justified because I voiced my displeasure at Bootsma being selected for Rd2 in 2013. Jamie Elliot wound up kicking 5 goals on him that day in a low scoring wet game. We lost by 4 goals. I didn't even get a chance to say 'I told you so', since I was perma-banned before the game even started. :rainbow: All this before Bootsma struggled just playing for the Northern Bullants & sacked for sending dick pics to an underage girl. No big deal, I can't stand most Carlton supporters on BF. The SC forum Carlton supporters are all ok though.
Talking Carlton is pretty good, I frequent there a fair bit for Carlton specific talk. Bigfooty for me is mostly just for SC.

Yep, that was it. I never had a problem with anyone on that board before that. I feel totally justified because I voiced my displeasure at Bootsma being selected for Rd2 in 2013. Jamie Elliot wound up kicking 5 goals on him that day in a low scoring wet game. We lost by 4 goals. I didn't even get a chance to say 'I told you so', since I was perma-banned before the game even started. :rainbow: All this before Bootsma struggled just playing for the Northern Bullants & sacked for sending dick pics to an underage girl. No big deal, I can't stand most Carlton supporters on BF. The SC forum Carlton supporters are all ok though.
Blam_hug.gif

95 would be generally considered the watermark score in defence each year of SC.

Because of calibre of players given def status last year (Mitchell, McVeigh, Bartel etc.) that mark got moved up to 100.

Reverse that this year, lack of those midfielder-types brings that mark right down to 90.

If you're considering 80-85 as a benchmark though, you're setting the bar too low IMO, you're setting your side up for a lacklustre result.

That's why I feel those choosing 3-4x sub-400k players are going to be frustrated.

There are still some good choices 400k+ that will go 90+.

The people that didn't start with Mitchell and instead spent less on a Simpson or Malceski would have won out big time. Mitchell got injured early on and ended up averaging hardly a tick over 90. McVeigh also started out quite slowly and would have been a better option as a relatively early upgrade after shedding a fair amount of his starting price.
Exactly my theory on this year.

I'm not disagreeing with you, although we never had more than a couple of those players in any on year. Yes, it's damned annoying we don't have a couple of true premium players in the backline this year, but that doesn't make all the other second tier backs suddenly useless.

I should add that I don't use that stat I mentioned earlier to tell me who's going to average over 100 ... I use it for elimination purposes. Any player who hasn't managed at least a 90 in that stat will never get into my team. I know that means I will miss out on that rare player who suddenly jumps from an 80 average to a 105 average, but it also means I won't get saddled with overhyped players like last year's Atley, Rohan, Sutcliffe, Caddy and a host of others.
Hey I don't expect many people to agree with me, right now I have no idea if it's going to pay off or not. History will show that it won't, but I'm going to back my research and hopefully come out of it laughing! :)

Hey I don't expect many people to agree with me, right now I have no idea if it's going to pay off or not. History will show that it won't, but I'm going to back my research and hopefully come out of it laughing! :)
And so you should. As long as you're confident your research is sound you should stick to your decisions regardless of anyone else's opinons. After all, we all know what they say about opinions.

Love this! So many salami smokers on our board its got out of control, full respect too Gingy
Only a few. One or two nasty ones, and just a few immature here and there, all in all our board is great IMO. I have had some trouble on other boards. Carlton and Melbourne boards esp going back 2-3 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7c4934444fa3ffc513bdabe65d559346.png

First year doing this.. not feeling too confident. :p

J.Freeman is injured, and Merrett and Stratton are key defenders (or close enough to). You should pick defenders who will play rebounding roles, or even in the midfield. Andrew Walker has had an injured pre-season too.

Rookies provide the best value for money. You should probably look at getting rid of some of those mid price defenders for rookies, and bolster the forward line.

As others have said, plenty of Lions players, but depends what you're playing for as to whether you should keep them...Zorko, Rockliff and Beams are all good picks and Leuenberger too if he doesn't get injured.

Decent nucleus of a team for a first year player, if I were you I'd look for three things from now when changing the team
1) Is my player going to play a supercoach friendly role? Basically, taggers, defenders and key forwards (exceptions to that though) are generally poor decisions. Outside mids are flakey and do not provide consistency.

2) Is my player going to improve? Look at the website footywire.com.au and see players historical scores. Daniel Merrett for example averaged 86 in 10 games in 2011, but since then has averaged 77 (2012), 71 (2013) and 53 (2014). This indicates a downward trend, and as a KPP at 30 it is unlikely to be reversed.
Another thing to look at when looking at "is my player going to improve?" is their pre-season. Generally, players who didn't have a full pre-season don't do too well.
There are plenty of exceptions to this rule - guys like Ablett, Beams, Gray, Malceski, Selwood don't have to improve. But if they aren't proper guns, you need to look at improvement likelihoods.

3) When looking at rookies - have they played NAB Challenge, and how did they go?

I'm not an expert but for a new coach that would be my advice.

J.Freeman is injured, and Merrett and Stratton are key defenders (or close enough to). You should pick defenders who will play rebounding roles, or even in the midfield. Andrew Walker has had an injured pre-season too.

Rookies provide the best value for money. You should probably look at getting rid of some of those mid price defenders for rookies, and bolster the forward line.

As others have said, plenty of Lions players, but depends what you're playing for as to whether you should keep them...Zorko, Rockliff and Beams are all good picks and Leuenberger too if he doesn't get injured.

Decent nucleus of a team for a first year player, if I were you I'd look for three things from now when changing the team
1) Is my player going to play a supercoach friendly role? Basically, taggers, defenders and key forwards (exceptions to that though) are generally poor decisions. Outside mids are flakey and do not provide consistency.

2) Is my player going to improve? Look at the website footywire.com.au and see players historical scores. Daniel Merrett for example averaged 86 in 10 games in 2011, but since then has averaged 77 (2012), 71 (2013) and 53 (2014). This indicates a downward trend, and as a KPP at 30 it is unlikely to be reversed.
Another thing to look at when looking at "is my player going to improve?" is their pre-season. Generally, players who didn't have a full pre-season don't do too well.
There are plenty of exceptions to this rule - guys like Ablett, Beams, Gray, Malceski, Selwood don't have to improve. But if they aren't proper guns, you need to look at improvement likelihoods.

3) When looking at rookies - have they played NAB Challenge, and how did they go?

I'm not an expert but for a new coach that would be my advice.
Champion. I'll give it a complete overhaul tonight.

Champion. I'll give it a complete overhaul tonight.

I think you've picked plenty of good options. Wouldn't think you need to completely overhaul it.

In the backline Malceski, Hodge and McDonald might be unique-ish picks but none are poor. McDonald depends on his role but I reckon he will improve his average a lot.

In the midfield Ablett-Selwood-Rockliff-Beams is great, although I wouldn't pick Aish/Rich (purely because of Rockliff/Beams) or Shaw. Good idea to look for value though. Might get away with one of Aish or Rich...

Leuenberger is a good pick, Longer I don't know much about in terms of Supercoach. Decent young ruck though.

Gray and Zorko are top 10 forward picks, although the rest of the forward line needs work though!

I think you've picked plenty of good options. Wouldn't think you need to completely overhaul it.

In the backline Malceski, Hodge and McDonald might be unique-ish picks but none are poor. McDonald depends on his role but I reckon he will improve his average a lot.

In the midfield Ablett-Selwood-Rockliff-Beams is great, although I wouldn't pick Aish/Rich (purely because of Rockliff/Beams) or Shaw. Good idea to look for value though. Might get away with one of Aish or Rich...

Leuenberger is a good pick, Longer I don't know much about in terms of Supercoach. Decent young ruck though.

Gray and Zorko are top 10 forward picks, although the rest of the forward line needs work though!
No worries mate. I'll have a research on that site you threw my way and let you know how I go.

Happy with my team at first it looks rubbish but I think people should have a good look.
H.Shaw, Kelly, Newnes, Higgins, Pearce, Edwards ( purely because of the bands we are going to cop ) Bench - Goddard and Saad. Saad should get elevated. Done everything right, no other real contenders.

Pendelbury, Fyfe, Priddis, Dangerfield, Griffen, De Goey, Boekhorst, Vandenberg and on the bench, Steele, Krak, Lambert. Considering moving Lambert to the forward line.

Goldstein And Nic Nat on the bench is Cox, as a loophole and as a forward rotation cover for Nic Nat.

Gray, Martin, Swan, Lycett, Clarke, Langford on the bench Lonie and Lamb.

I've got 17.5k in the bank left over. Considering downgraded Gray to a Bartel. Purely for cash.

Any opinions, feedback and bagging is all considered useful.

Happy with my team at first it looks rubbish but I think people should have a good look.
H.Shaw, Kelly, Newnes, Higgins, Pearce, Edwards ( purely because of the bands we are going to cop ) Bench - Goddard and Saad. Saad should get elevated. Done everything right, no other real contenders.

Pendelbury, Fyfe, Priddis, Dangerfield, Griffen, De Goey, Boekhorst, Vandenberg and on the bench, Steele, Krak, Lambert. Considering moving Lambert to the forward line.

Goldstein And Nic Nat on the bench is Cox, as a loophole and as a forward rotation cover for Nic Nat.

Gray, Martin, Swan, Lycett, Clarke, Langford on the bench Lonie and Lamb.

I've got 17.5k in the bank left over. Considering downgraded Gray to a Bartel. Purely for cash.

Any opinions, feedback and bagging is all considered useful.

I really liked this team, until I noticed you had no Ablett. If you can turn Priddis into Ablett somehow, would be a very strong team.

I know I know. He is so expensive but so good. It kills me. Only way I can get him in is if I download Gray and Dangerfield. I do not want to do that. Any suggestions on how I can fit him in, Gingy?

I know I know. He is so expensive but so good. It kills me. Only way I can get him in is if I download Gray and Dangerfield. I do not want to do that. Any suggestions on how I can fit him in, Gingy?

Perhaps look for mid-priced rucks? Just throwing out suggestions. Goldstein and Naitanui is solid though...

I really liked this team, until I noticed you had no Ablett. If you can turn Priddis into Ablett somehow, would be a very strong team.
downgraded shaw to geary then priddis became ablett. So dont want to do it, but it is the only way.

Ok, so right thread this time!

sc draft.png

Unhappy with the rucks, but either I drop a Bob Murphy/Dane Swan type for a complete risk (Pittard/Walters) to get Goldstein in for example, or I run with risky rucks...either way, with Murphy, McKenzie, Z.Smith I think I have a few points of difference and maybe Griffen to Shiel...

do your worst

Watson and cotch are unders this year. solid backline and ruck division... rolling the dice in the forward line.

upload_2015-3-14_18-56-17.png

do your worst

Watson and cotch are unders this year. solid backline and ruck division... rolling the dice in the forward line.

View attachment 115884
Fwd line looking close to mine ATM. Tom Mitch in at the moment tho

Why is Cotch and Watson considered unders this year? Why are they cheap?

Still not convinced with Goddard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back