Teams SC 2015 - My team (During NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

View attachment 116066
26k left over.

Taking risks in with the backline and the rucks.

If needed I can downgrade Griffen/Swallow to Cripps/Newton and use the extra cash to beef up the rucks or backline rookies.

I know what your trying to do with your backline, but your going to get burnt. In any given year there is a very small contingent of players to go from 300-400K to 500K in the season from all positions. Your banking on 5, and they are not even fallen premos coming back from injury.

Its a big gamble.

Also, going 7 keepers in your mids means your missing out on a few extra rookie cash cows, which basically means if your mid pricers fail, your not going to have much to upgrade with. Even if you get lucky and half of your mid pricers perform, your going to end up only being able to upgrade half the others and the rest will need to be downgraded for funds, which puts you on the back foot in a huge way early on.

I would definitely downgrade a couple of your mids to beef up your backline.

Bontempelli or Titch? Neither - Walters

You reckon I should go for Walters over Mitchell? I got 60k left over so I can also afford Swan

My current set up:
aafc3aee75.jpg

team so far.png

So that is my team at the moment. I haven't been around much lately so i've done very little research and would value your opinions and advice

Cheers

LOL wasn't he the flog I beat in the Bay13 SC GF 2 years ago?

This is what you do, you change your team completely and fill it with NSWCROW like selections & leave it on your work computer screen when you go to lunch. Repeat for a few days until you are fairly sure he's seen it and copied it. :thumbsu: Then switch it back & change your SC password. :fire:

Yeah, too late now...

Screen Shot 2015-03-15 at 8.46.26 pm.png
DEF: Shaw and Birch are proven premos, assuming Birch is right for round 1 of course. Newnes has been done to death. Lumumba with the role he is playing would be in a lot more teams if not for the fact a lot of people just straight out hate him hahah. Hunt and Macmillan won't set the world on fire but they are both best 22 and should hopefully go 70+, with no rookies available what else can you do?

MID: First 3 are set and forgets. Parker is a gem, can see him comfortably averaging around 115 this year. Swallow/Crouch/Neale are all tempting at m5 but the fact that Swallow has averaged 110 twice, means he just has to get back to that level to be a good m8 at the end of the year, so he gets the nod from me.

RUC: Hopefully won't have to touch these two for the rest of the season, hopefully a rookie ruck pops up.

FWD: Gray and Martin will be the top 2 forwards this year, and Swanny is a bargain, only has to play half decent and he will average 100. Lots of forward rookies to choose from so loading up here, just a Richmond tip I think Lambert is a pretty outside chance to play round 1, favourite to get upgraded but then will be fighting it out with 6 or 7 blokes for those last 2 or so spots.

Fire away!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a long shot I'd get on Holmes as a rookie ruck. He didn't look too bad in the second game, he'll be a chance later in the year.
Good structure

Just went through the club forums (starting 22) and by the looks there's not going to be a heap of rookies debut round one and avoid the vest.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1426415775033.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1426415775033.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 2
  • uploadfromtaptalk1426415816879.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1426415816879.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1
I think you have about a 15% chance that those rucks are set and forget. There's an article somewhere basically saying maric will be rested/ managed throughout his career. And NN has his own clouds. Not sure about having both Hunt and Macmillan. Maybe go for just one and see if a rookie pops up... although that's not looking the best atm.

View attachment 116092

So that is my team at the moment. I haven't been around much lately so i've done very little research and would value your opinions and advice

Cheers
Dont really like Bellchambers pick.
Unsure on Whitecross and Clancee down back both borderline best22 maybe Ibbo and a rookie eg Hamling.
Unsure What Jones will av few others around in that price area.Bennell in the mids is interesting.

From an overall perspective, 22 starting positions to score from.

No one starts with 22 premiums, so starting rookies a more or less given (unless going full mid-pricers).

So most will have 14-15 premiums (?), meaning 7-8 starting rookies.

So with no ruck prospects & light-on for def rookies, really comes down to mid & fwd rookies.

So, if the best scoring rookies happen to be fwds, why is it an issue if you start with 4?

Don't get caught up with pre-conceived ideas, if it suits your team to go more rookie Fwds, based on your research, go for it in my opinion.

Don't pick your favoured premiums and fill your rookie spots around them, pick your rookies and fill your favoured premiums around them. IMO

Well said. Way too many follow the rest of the sheep and end up with a vanilla team that never really goes anywhere. If you do your research and come to a a certain conclusion that seems out norm, back yourself in and go for it. I'm not advocating picking POD's for the sake of it, but I would advocate doing your research and going with your gut.

cheers i veiwed attachment still dont know how to do it any help would be good
I'll try
when on your SC screen hit print screen.
Open up paint.
copy and past in there.
Copy and past on BF.
it copy's your whole srceen if you have a pr0n site on another tab we can see it.
hope this helps.

DEF: Shaw and Birch are proven premos, assuming Birch is right for round 1 of course. Newnes has been done to death. Lumumba with the role he is playing would be in a lot more teams if not for the fact a lot of people just straight out hate him hahah. Hunt and Macmillan won't set the world on fire but they are both best 22 and should hopefully go 70+, with no rookies available what else can you do?

MID: First 3 are set and forgets. Parker is a gem, can see him comfortably averaging around 115 this year. Swallow/Crouch/Neale are all tempting at m5 but the fact that Swallow has averaged 110 twice, means he just has to get back to that level to be a good m8 at the end of the year, so he gets the nod from me.

RUC: Hopefully won't have to touch these two for the rest of the season, hopefully a rookie ruck pops up.

FWD: Gray and Martin will be the top 2 forwards this year, and Swanny is a bargain, only has to play half decent and he will average 100. Lots of forward rookies to choose from so loading up here, just a Richmond tip I think Lambert is a pretty outside chance to play round 1, favourite to get upgraded but then will be fighting it out with 6 or 7 blokes for those last 2 or so spots.

Fire away!

Not bad! I like the risks, I think only one of Hunt/Macmillan is needed (I'd personally go Hunt as he seems like he will get a lot more freedom - JMac has a role, he plays it very well, it doesn't give him high scores and it is unlikely to change), but other than that I reckon you've chosen well.

Other thing is if Ryder is gone for any extended length of time from ASADA, Lobbe is a much better option than Maric I think. Not as likely to be managed. Obviously we don't know how Lobbe will go with Ryder, so if Ryder is cleared/only out for a weeks then Maric is a more reliable pick.

I wonder what happens if Dons, and ex-Don players get lengthy bans. Ryder is my main cause for concern.
De Ja vu. Twelve months on.

They'll appeal.

That's basically my team but instead of all the expensive mid rookies I have an extra premo at M5. I was off work last week and my boss went into supercoach on my comp and it must have been logged in still and pinched my team. I'm so pissed off, we are in the same cash league. What a ******* Al Swearengen.
The moral of the story is; do work at work and everything else at home, esp. SC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back