Teams SC 2015 - My team (During NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
cLGX8kI.jpg

86k leftover.

Fwd line looking close to mine ATM. Tom Mitch in at the moment tho

Why is Cotch and Watson considered unders this year? Why are they cheap?

Still not convinced with Goddard.

It's pretty simple. Cotch was 4th in the league in clangers last year.. If he can work on that he will go over 110-115 just like previous years. DE is everything in SC.

Watson was injured majority of last year.. If the case on the 31st goes in his favour he's a no brainer... Has had a full preseason if he stays fit he's up there with pendles in SuperCoach points

Both of them have a slight POD factor about them... They belong in the elite bracket of SC Mids.. Danger and Griff up there too but can't fit them all in.

Can't see myself starting any rookie defenders... The vests are an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 starting rookie forwards is a bridge (or two) too far for me. I'm considering 3 currently and I have my doubts, waiting a little longer and hoping some others come up but the tide is turning towards starting 3 for sure.

4 starting rookie forwards is a bridge (or two) too far for me. I'm considering 3 currently and I have my doubts, waiting a little longer and hoping some others come up but the tide is turning towards starting 3 for sure.
This year all the best rookies are fwds so why not play 4 and then gun up your mids?

It's pretty simple. Cotch was 4th in the league in clangers last year.. If he can work on that he will go over 110-115 just like previous years. DE is everything in SC.

Watson was injured majority of last year.. If the case on the 31st goes in his favour he's a no brainer... Has had a full preseason if he stays fit he's up there with pendles in SuperCoach points

Both of them have a slight POD factor about them... They belong in the elite bracket of SC Mids.. Danger and Griff up there too but can't fit them all in.

Can't see myself starting any rookie defenders... The vests are an issue

I think Watson and Cotchin are both good options to consider, however, my only issues:

Watson - missed a month of footy circa round 13-17 (give or take, missed more in 2014) 3 of the last 4 years. I don't like that form. At his price, I want him to be a top 10 midfielder and a keeper, and I don't want to be trading him out around round 14 or 15 when I want to be making some of my last upgrades...that 2012 was amazing though, only 4 scores under 100, and 13+ scores above 120!

Cotchin - only one very good year Supercoach wise (2012 - 116.3), however is durable, can be isolated up forward and kick goals (31 disposals and 5 goals v St Kilda = 168 points), but I think he is first tagged in the midfield (because he gives it to the rest of the mids) but is also going to be prone to low scores - he's not Pendlebury/Selwood level, so when Richmond change things up and have Miles/Ellis/Deledio/Martin as the key mid, he won't score as well. If Cotchin gets the tag, they will look to take him away from the play and while a player tags Cotchin and another blocks his run, Miles/Ellis/Deledio/Martin will take possession. Plays a very team, sacrificial game does Cotchin.
13/23 games in 2014 were sub 100, 6/22 in 2013, 3/22 in 2012...I think it signifies a developing, improving Richmond midfield where the load is shared, rather than being all left to Trent Cotchin

This year all the best rookies are fwds so why not play 4 and then gun up your mids?

Too much risk, you're spreading your rookies too much in the forward line for mine. There's enough midfield rookies for 3 starting spots (well I hope so anyway). 4 is overkill in the forwards, 3 could be done if Clark, Hogan and a few others play a bunch of consecutive games.

supercoach2015.jpg

Team usually starts off well then panic and make stupid last minute edits... Hopefully this year is different

That is one (reasonable) school of thinking, but the other side is also reasonable in my opinion.

If you are only picking super premiums (like the top 5 mids in Ablett, Rockliff, Pendlebury, Selwood, Fyfe) then it makes more sense to start less traditional and go say 5-3 in the mids and 2-4 or 3-3 in the forwards.

If you are going to take a risk on an improver (Wines, Griffen, Shiel, Crouch, Swallow, Murphy, Dangerfield, Watson) to get to/get back to that 110-115 scoring band, then it makes more sense to go 4-4 and 4-2 in the forwards, because you want more 'room to move' to get in those super premiums in the midfield later in the year. If you went Ablett, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Wines for example, then you need to have room to get Rockliff, Fyfe, Selwood et al later in the year, so you want more midfield rookies, and put some more money into the forward line.

Also, you can easily pick Lambert, Steele, Clark, Hogan, Lonie, Daniel and Karnezis and go 3-3 in the forward line (Lambert and Steele mid bench, Clark/Hogan/Lonie starting rookies and Daniel/Karnezis on the forward bench for example), so I'm not sure why at this stage it's necessary to go 2-4 just to fit Salem in. If anything, Daniel and Lonie are fairly reasonable sub options (green and red vest), and may struggle in AFL H&A games, and so I'd be looking to get rid of one of them if I wanted Salem in rather than a premium.

I have three premiums from GWS (Shaw, Mummy, Treloar), does anyone see this as an issue? I'm backing them to stop being on the end of 10 goal losses, so it should be fine?

From an overall perspective, 22 starting positions to score from.

No one starts with 22 premiums, so starting rookies a more or less given (unless going full mid-pricers).

So most will have 14-15 premiums (?), meaning 7-8 starting rookies.

So with no ruck prospects & light-on for def rookies, really comes down to mid & fwd rookies.

So, if the best scoring rookies happen to be fwds, why is it an issue if you start with 4?

Don't get caught up with pre-conceived ideas, if it suits your team to go more rookie Fwds, based on your research, go for it in my opinion.

Don't pick your favoured premiums and fill your rookie spots around them, pick your rookies and fill your favoured premiums around them. IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 115937 I think this is the year to take risks!
Love seeing a team that's different. I hope you end up running with it. Only thing would be if more mid rookies emerge. You can obviously swap gray fwd but it maybe worthwhile swapping griff for dusty/lids.

No one starts with 22 premiums, so starting rookies a more or less given (unless going full mid-pricers).

So with no ruck prospects & light-on for def rookies, really comes down to mid & fwd rookies.

So, if the best scoring rookies happen to be fwds, why is it an issue if you start with 4?

Don't get caught up with pre-conceived ideas, if it suits your team to go more rookie Fwds, based on your research, go for it in my opinion.

Don't pick your favoured premiums and fill your rookie spots around them, pick your rookies and fill your favoured premiums around them. IMO

This post got me thinking, if you play it safe in Def with say 4-5 400k+ players + a mid pricer & load up on rookies in the forward line, it might be a good idea to start HGoddard on your forward bench instead of the Def bench.

The reason being, if 1 or 2 of your starting Fwd rookies is spudding up & your Fwd bench rookies aren't doing any better while 1 of your Def bench rookies is scoring 70+'s & 1 of your starting Def premo's is spudding up or inj/susp/dropped you could trade that def premo for a fwd premo that's killing it in the 1st few rounds by switching H Goddard from the Fwd's to Def.

Basically a corrective premo trade Def to Fwd premo in a single trade. Might not even be due to anyone spudding up, but for team balance if your initial strategy looks to be a mistake early on.

Words of wisdom right there! #shark previous winners of SuperCoach didn't win by following the school of fish.

What line are you weakening to take such a strong forward line? (Assuming Gun/Rookie approach)

Is 4 premo's in the forward line considered "strong" now? I guess you could say it's at the expense of the defence, I've got 2 on field rookies down there (Nathan Brown being one of them), Ibbo at D4.

If the defensive rookies don't come up (looks likely) and there's plenty of forward rookies looking like playing (also likely) then I'll be forced into playing 3 rookies in the forward line.

Last edited:
Is 4 premo's in the forward line considered "strong" now? I guess you could say it's at the expense of the defence, I've got 2 on field rookies down there (Nathan Brown being one of them), Ibbo at D4.

If the defensive rookies don't come up (looks likely) and there's plenty of forward rookies looking like playing (also likely) then I'll be forced into playing 3 rookies in the forward line.
Thats what I'm leaning too. Sweating on Karnizis and another game into Salem. Lambert may not get much game time, looks more likely. Saad in the backs may get some time but gee, getting interesting. Good to have a year that turns everything on its head. Makes for a far more intriguing team selection process.

View attachment 116044
really happy with this lot atm, anyone see any suggestions/ stuff ups? cheers

Keep an eye out for WhiteX, he might not be a certainty for Round 1. TBC as an R2 is interesting, I don't rate him all that highly (what are you expecting TBC to average?), the rest are fairly solid (ASADA issues aside), I'm still unsure on bringing multiple expensive rookies myself. No Hogan as a rookie is interesting.

View attachment 116044
really happy with this lot atm, anyone see any suggestions/ stuff ups? cheers

That's basically my team but instead of all the expensive mid rookies I have an extra premo at M5. I was off work last week and my boss went into supercoach on my comp and it must have been logged in still and pinched my team. I'm so pissed off, we are in the same cash league. What a ****ing ********er.

That's basically my team but instead of all the expensive mid rookies I have an extra premo at M5. I was off work last week and my boss went into supercoach on my comp and it must have been logged in still and pinched my team. I'm so pissed off, we are in the same cash league. What a ******* Al Swearengen.

LOL wasn't he the flog I beat in the Bay13 SC GF 2 years ago?

This is what you do, you change your team completely and fill it with NSWCROW like selections & leave it on your work computer screen when you go to lunch. Repeat for a few days until you are fairly sure he's seen it and copied it. :thumbsu: Then switch it back & change your SC password. :fire:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back