All Australian
Jun 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Press Conference at 9.30am.

Great career Scotty - Well done.
You've been a giant of the club.

"It is believed he was unwilling to play again in the VFL to push his cause.

While it has been reported he was suffering knee soreness, there is confusion over whether he was simply dropped two weeks ago."

I think he proved himself when he went down to Bendigo during the year. He should be given a game against Hawthorn.

Well done Scotty! We will all miss you.

Scott Lucas, From day one to the finish, you have been a star of this football club.

As a supporter, I have enjoyed immensly watching you bombing goals from 55 after reeling onto that trusty left foot, Pinching a goal from a silvangni mis kick-in at the G to steal the game, Giant gallant performance in a losing cause in the 01' Grand Final, and efforts to send James Hird and Kevin Sheedy off in style with 7 goals in a quarter against the eagles.

Not many players halfway through their careers could go from CHF, to CHB and win a B&F and then to switch back and do a terrific job forward again.

Now for all those that knocked him, please be silent for at least today. As Essendon FC & Scott Lucas deserve the respect of everyone on here. Scotty you are a champion.

Been a great player has Scotty Lucas, going to miss seeing him boom a kick from outside 50...not against us however...I always hated him on that day lol.

Good luck to him in the future:thumbsu:

He gave us a lot of excitement over the years, that raking left boot of his was awesome to watch.

Thanks for the great service you have given to this club Scotty. Its very sad to see you go, good luck in your future endeavours you champion. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad to see a Champion of the club finishing up.

Hopefully he will get a farewell game against the Hawks in Rd22 although reports are that his is carrying an injury and is unlikely to get back onto the field this year.

Congratulations on a great career.

Hopefully if we beat Freo and Port lose to Brisbane we can give him a farewell game in Rd22. Great career, a man with an ungainly running style but had a left boot that was beyond deadly. He could play CHB or CHF, was very unlucky not to win AA at CHB.

Under rated for most of your career, but I'm sure you will go out with the respect you deserve from the club, team mates (past & present) and supporters of our great club.

Well done Scotty! Gave me some great memories. Best of luck in the future.

All of the imbeciles who don't like Knights and think that Sheedy should still be coaching (for no reason they care to articulate) are using this as an excuse to call SEN and go on about Knights' lack of respect for the old players in the side. They have even taken it as far as complimenting Sheedy for leaving the list in a great state. The question I ask those fools is, did you think the same way at the start of last year? KB is such a tosser, obviously he is still pushing for Sheedy to be coach of Richomnd.

Anyway, Lucas has been a favourite player for years. The only problem he has had is that he was somewhat stuck in Lloyd's shadow meaning that the wider football community did not always apreciate his exploits.

He won B&Fs at CHB and CHF/FF, kicked over 450 goals as a true CHF and won a flag. The guy is a geniune champion of our club.

As much as it would be sad that he doesn't get a farewel game there really is no room in the side unless the abovementioned scenario occurs.

Farewell Scotty and good luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Scott Lucas to announce retirement today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back