News Scott Lucas to announce retirement today

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you Scott for such a brilliant career! Often in Matthew Lloyds shadow during the glory days but you have remained consistent from your first season at the club. We will miss you and good luck in the future.

LOL at the 3 year extension joke, hilarious.:D

Thanks for all the great memories scotty. An absolute champion who always performed in tough games and finals. The big game player that we will miss. Just wish your body had held up until gumby was there to replace you at CHF.

Best of luck in your retirement - If essendon go stand alone in the VFL I would target him to captain them, red and black through and through

Is is sad to see Scotty Lucus retiring but at the sametime he is a champion of the Essendon football club who gave us 270 great games kicked 471 goals and while the writing was on the wall he never stopped tring his hardest.

I wish him all the best and hope he remains around the club.

I remember only a year or so ago, when a poll on this board asked Essendon fans their favourite player, the overwhelming favourite was Scott Lucas.

People often forget because of the last year or two how good he was; his years in between '03 and '07 were magnificent. When you consider the club was on the decline, it makes you appreciate that much more.

A great of the Essendon Football Club. :thumbsu:

Fairwell Champ. A great player and servant of the Essendon Football club.
Loved your long kicking and contested marks at CHF.
Probably the best CHF going around at your peak, I also enjoyed your defensive work at CHB.

Scott Lucas I congratulate you on a fine career.

I hope our two great clubs get together in round 22 and give him the send off he deserves.

I've got no problems with Lucas having a lap of honour and a tribute to his career in round 22 and I couldn't see the Hawks having any problems with it either.

I know the Bombers honour their greats better than any team in their own environment, but to allow 60,000 plus fans to acknowledge his career at the MCG would be a fitting send off to a wonderful career.

Thanks for the memories Scotty!!! You will always be remembered as a true champion of the club and the AFL. Outside of Hirdy, you were the player to most likely rise to the occasion and produce a blistering burst of 4 goals in a quarter to bring us back into the game. We're gonna miss ya!!!

And thanks Scotty for the encouraging words you gave me regarding my rehab for a knee reconstruction when I bumped into him at the AdiCentre. It helped a lot!!!

Try 6 or 7 in the last quarter against West Coast :thumbsu:

Great player, hopefully we can give him a farewell game in round 22 if we secure 8th spot but some are saying he's played his last game so I dunno.

Lucas to be on SEN at 5:38 tonight and 3AW at 6:15pm.

Great player and probably went on a season too long in hindsight. Althought at the start of the year I still wanted him to play this year.

Will always remember him for his massive kicks and that 7 goal last quarter against the Eagles in 07.

Has always been a favourite of mine, even during the times he was not so popular with Essendon fans. Probably unlucky that he spent so much time in Lloyd's shadow, he has shown over the journey that if he had gone to another club and been the main target he had the skills and talent to kick far more than 471. Not that 471 isn't very good already, it is, especially considering he has moved around the ground a fair bit during his career.

While it took a while for the greater footballing community to recognise how great he was, I think smart Essendon supporters knew quite early we had a good one in Scotty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am immensely saddened to hear this news. Just like Bewick, he's a true Bomber you'd just never ever want to see them go. The common thread through all of this thread's posts -

CHAMPION

this can never be underestimated. Too good to lose - he must be retained in some capacity. Thanks Scotty. The deadliest of all left footers hangs up his worn out left and unscuffed right boot for good.

Congrats on a great career Scotto...

Always though the measure of a footballer is how they perform in finals and big games...You were excellent in both.
Dual B&F and premiership player and a decent bloke.

Thanks for all the great memories...

Thought I'd post this away from the crap on the main AFL Board.

Lucas was my favourite Bomber player. He wasn't perfect and many or most might prefer Hird or Lloyd, but he was the Dons player I always liked watching.

Sad day, but it comes for every player.

My favourite game was a draw vs us in I think 2002. IIRC it was Hird's come back match after shocking facial injuries and Lucas was everywhere. IIRC his work down back saved the game for you guys when momentum swung our way.

Great player and a credit to his club.

Congratulations Lucas on a brilliant career. Everytime you marked the ball near the 50 metre arc I knew it would be a straight kick for goal. Whilst Lloyd rightly recieves accolades for his accuracy, Lucas's was not far behind particularly from 50m.

Absolute star player and was always a great bloke and had a good chat the times I met him. Will be sorely missed and there is no way I will miss his send off in two weeks!

Congrats to Lucas on a great career.
Provided some fantastic footy for the oppo supporters as well over the years.

Very good, light hearted retirement conference as well.
Refreshing.:thumbsu:

Absolute deadset champion of the club and real genuine bloke. I knew it was coming for a long time but it doesn't make it any less sad.

Thanks for the all the great memories you've given us over the years Scotty! I'll never forgot Hirdy's and Sheedy's farwell game against the Eagles - one of the best individual performances in a quarter ever.

Congrats on a great career!

Remove this Banner Ad

News Scott Lucas to announce retirement today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back