Scott Pendlebury 433+ games - Is it a possibility?

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that you keep trying to give a washed-up Dustbin a game, says that the Tigers are near tanking.

At 36yo and 19 seasons in, Pendles would be near your best player.

Pendles is taking up a spot for a young kid, Pies are rebuilding right now. Not competitive at all.

And “Dustbin” would be the Pies greatest player ever. But that’s not really that difficult to do to be honest. I reckon I could give it a crack.

Pendles is taking up a spot for a young kid, Pies are rebuilding right now. Not competitive at all.

And “Dustbin” would be the Pies greatest player ever. But that’s not really that difficult to do to be honest. I reckon I could give it a crack.
We are the current premiership team and yet you think we are rebuilding.
Do you even watch football?

We are having a down year but it is well noted that we have been decimated with injuries for the whole year.

Unlike Richmond, we wont be a flash in the pan, then go back to 3 decades of sh*tness.

I have no doubt we will be fighting for a spot in the eight again next year, whilst your rabble will be again holding up the ladder, from the bottom.
As for Dusty, he is more of a poorer version of McCreery than some superstar.

Burns Clement H.Shaw
Maynard Moore Howe
N.Daicos Buckley DeGoey
Didak Cloke Sidebottom
Elliott Rocca Krakouer
Grundy Pendlebury Swan
Davis Maxwell Beams Tarrant Mihocek.

That's the best side I can put together for our GOAT for players he played alongside with.
I doubt any player in history could put together somthing better than that for teammates played with. Look at that midfield. Sublime.

We are the current premiership team and yet you think we are rebuilding.
Do you even watch football?

We are having a down year but it is well noted that we have been decimated with injuries for the whole year.

Unlike Richmond, we wont be a flash in the pan, then go back to 3 decades of sh*tness.

I have no doubt we will be fighting for a spot in the eight again next year, whilst your rabble will be again holding up the ladder, from the bottom.
As for Dusty, he is more of a poorer version of McCreery than some superstar.

Dude you’re 12th 🤣. Time to rebuild your 1 peat is over yet again.

Cheers, to further illustrations I thought I'd re-write your figures as a cumulative %, ie players to reach at least each milestone

13,166 VFL / AFL players.

50+ games: 9,306 (70.65%)

100+ games: 4,929 (37.45%)

150+ games: 2,445 (18.55%)

200+ games: 1,096 (8.35%)

250+ games: 420 (3.25%)

300+ games: 134 (1.05%)

350+ games: 30 (0.25%)

400+ games (incl Pendlebury): 6 (0.05%)

I don't think this is correct, I think the original list that Bunk Moreland provided was already cumulative. For example, Dean Rioli was a famous case of a player who just reached 100 games. AFL tables has him ranked 2471st on the list of most games played, not almost 5000th. https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/D/Dean_Rioli.html

Even on face value, your cumulative list just doesn't smell right. Like, just from observing players come and go at our clubs over the years, there's simply no way that more than 7 out of 10 players who play a senior AFL game crack the 50 game milestone. There's no way more than 1 out of every 3 AFL players in the history of the game have played 100 games. That just can't be right.

Would need to play most of the next two seasons. Unless he's obsessed with breaking the games record I think he might just go one more year.

**** me, do you know nothing about your club's history ?
Ironic. Lol. Another Hawks supporter who thinks their history only starts in the 1970's.
What was the 3 decade period where Collingwood didn't make a gf or hardly made finals like Tigers? Would that be the 3 decades when we became famous for making grand finals and losing them? I wonder if you can even spot the difference🤔

I don't think this is correct, I think the original list that Bunk Moreland provided was already cumulative. For example, Dean Rioli was a famous case of a player who just reached 100 games. AFL tables has him ranked 2471st on the list of most games played, not almost 5000th. https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/D/Dean_Rioli.html

Even on face value, your cumulative list just doesn't smell right. Like, just from observing players come and go at our clubs over the years, there's simply no way that more than 7 out of 10 players who play a senior AFL game crack the 50 game milestone. There's no way more than 1 out of every 3 AFL players in the history of the game have played 100 games. That just can't be right.
yeah youre right actually. long day, ignore me😷

Burns Clement H.Shaw
Maynard Moore Howe
N.Daicos Buckley DeGoey
Didak Cloke Sidebottom
Elliott Rocca Krakouer
Grundy Pendlebury Swan
Davis Maxwell Beams Tarrant Mihocek.

That's the best side I can put together for our GOAT for players he played alongside with.
I doubt any player in history could put together somthing better than that for teammates played with. Look at that midfield. Sublime.

Lmao

Imagine Selwoods. It would embarrass that.

Lmao

Imagine Selwoods. It would embarrass that.
And Michael Tuck's would probably be untouchable. 426 games and 7 flags gives him a massive list to pick from. He played long enough to be a team mate to Peter Hudson and his son Paul - there's a lot of flags in that group, and even a Gary Ablett and Leigh Matthews, both who are up there in GOAT discussions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** me, do you know nothing about your club's history ?
Since I have been alive (from late 60s) we have been up in the top half of the ladder more often than not.
As far as continuous years of poor performances.
3 years in the 80s
7 years in the late 90s (probably still celebrating to be fair, I know I was)
Then a 4 year period around the time of the expansion clubs, when Hawthorn was lucky enough to be right place, right time for their 3 peat.

So as we make finals, more often than not, where exactly is our 3 decades of sh*tness.

I certainly haven't witnessed it.

And Michael Tuck's would probably be untouchable. 426 games and 7 flags gives him a massive list to pick from. He played long enough to be a team mate to Peter Hudson and his son Paul - there's a lot of flags in that group, and even a Gary Ablett and Leigh Matthews, both who are up there in GOAT discussions.
I know Michael and have shared many a beverage with the great man.
We have spoken for several hours about his career and the teams he was blessed enough to have played in.

I must agree with you 100%, there is no comparison to Tuck's.

Nobody would come close.

And thats ok.

now that's some statement :think:
you sir are a moron
In my defense, if you understood the caliber of the pelican I was replying to, you would understand that one must get to ridiculous levels, in order to get a point across.

Also truth be known, if I had to pick a player this week, next week, or next year, I would pick McCreery over Dusty.

Not 2017 Dusty, 2024 Dusty. As that is where we are.
And as good as Dusty was for those couple of years back in the day, he is a shadow of that player now.

In my defense, if you understood the caliber of the pelican I was replying to, you would understand that one must get to ridiculous levels, in order to get a point across.

Also truth be known, if I had to pick a player this week, next week, or next year, I would pick McCreery over Dusty.

Not 2017 Dusty, 2024 Dusty. As that is where we are.
And as good as Dusty was for those couple of years back in the day, he is a shadow of that player now.
agree, time has caught up to Dusty
yet, his achievements and highlight reel will live on for generations.

He has had a few good games but making so many skill errors that we arent used to. Sad to see a champion go one season too many
Post #10254 of a Carlton egghead embarrassing himself on the eve of a clash with their big brother

Best on ground in a win in game 400

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Pendlebury 433+ games - Is it a possibility?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back