Season 2011 - Sours

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Mark 'Phil Matera Mach II' LeCras?

phil matera doesnt have half the class that le cras has. i know some people are annoyed at the performance today, but seriously.... we've come from last to here....

lets celebrate.

Re: Dean Cox injured?

I was watching the game with an Eagles player today (not named in the team) and he said the following things:

1. Cox has been injured for like 2 months and just keeps willing himself to get out there.

2. Josh Kennedy's injury (hit to the face) is actually a lot worse than has been made out and is worse than Darren Lockyer - considering that Josh has yet to have the required plates put in. It's amazing that he willed himself out to play as well.

Re: Waters

Gents, Waters played a great game for you blokes today... I think that all you lacked was a bit of experience in execution of skills today. I know you're all happy with getting up from last to 3rd/4th this year and you should be.

What about some of those Nik Nat taps in the ruck today? With Shoey and Darling, the future is bright.

I remember in '04 we lost the prelim by a whisker to Brisbane, but I was glad we did, we would have gotten smashed by Port in the GF and you don't want that with a group that is just on the way up.

It might be a few years off, but the Eagles will fly high again and sooner than you think. A lot of your younger players did very well today under high pressure.

Good luck Eagles, you're a great club.
Highly disturbed by this post coming from you.

Gents, Waters played a great game for you blokes today... I think that all you lacked was a bit of experience in execution of skills today. I know you're all happy with getting up from last to 3rd/4th this year and you should be.

What about some of those Nik Nat taps in the ruck today? With Shoey and Darling, the future is bright.

I remember in '04 we lost the prelim by a whisker to Brisbane, but I was glad we did, we would have gotten smashed by Port in the GF and you don't want that with a group that is just on the way up.

It might be a few years off, but the Eagles will fly high again and sooner than you think. A lot of your younger players did very well today under high pressure.

Good luck Eagles, you're a great club.

Very classy thankyou!

Highly disturbed by this post coming from you.

Yes I'm messing with your head :D

Srs, things are on the up for the Eagles. You'll be a serious threat next year... hey imagine if we beat Collingwould've next week and then you beat them in 2012.. meltdowns will be epic

Cheers TY007.

Imagine if Waters had Hurn's kicking:eek:

We need Hurn to teach everyone over pre season on how to kick, might help some of the guys. Waters if he develops his kicking can be a real force for our team.

Re: Embley - What happens to him?

Because senior players and former Norm Smith medalists are human and will have bad games.

Sometimes they may have 2 or 3 bad games on the trot.

Sometimes those games may be finals.

Doesnt mean you write off a bloke who has been a loyal ten year servant of the club.

fair point you make ..... and he has been a reason for our success this year.... but what would you suggest then. none of the youngs (apart from rosa) are good enough to beat him out of his spot..... but if none of them be givena chance to develop then by the time he is consistently woeful do we bring the 'new guy' in then.....

rosa in. embers on the cusp.

Not only Cox - from what Woosha said in his presser, there are a dozen going straight in for surgery, and it showed out there today. A very brave effort from the boys - and especially from Nik Nat and Kennedy.
I salute you. :thumbsu:

I'm one of the biggest Embley detractors but even I can't deny he has had a remarkable turnaround season.

Bad game today. Had five i50's today and wasted all of them. Worst he didn't look for options and blazed away a couple of times.

Been super impressed by Embley's commitment to the contest as well as his normal goal kicking ways as whole.

Still best 22, easily.

Lost patience with him and his injuries in the finals to be honest. It's harsh but i'm looking at it the same way i looked at judd in 2007... unless your fully fit and can run out a game you shouldn't be in the team.

Alot of my mates have put him down as the reason we lost to collingwood with his "always injured and playing at 60%" stuff.

And i can see there point. Would have been happy to see a fully fit lycett as a replacement for any of the games cox played in where he wasn't fully fit.

But it's not like coxy had a bad year, probably win our B and F! But he shouldn't play if he can't contribute fully.

To me its like telling Buddy not to kick on the arc when he kicks 2 goals 7.

However, when you are having a shocking day and Darling is 25m in the clear mabye it is better to pass it.

I dont mind him backing himself if no option presents though.
I sort agree with you, boda.

On song, Embley is an out and out matchwinner. We've seen it many times this year. In a perfect world, he would spot up targets all the time and Kennedy/LeCras would be lining up from 40m but imo, you just have to roll the dice with these players... if he nails that first one, he probably ends up with 3 or 4 and we are in with a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone bagging Embley and saying he shouldn't play again is a f**king disgrace. He had bad day, it happens to everyone. If everyone that played a bad game in the AFL never played again there would be no one left. Embley has been great all season, he doesn't deserve this shit.

Everyone bagging Embley and saying he shouldn't play again is a f**king disgrace. He had bad day, it happens to everyone. If everyone that played a bad game in the AFL never played again there would be no one left. Embley has been great all season, he doesn't deserve this shit.

It's okay, he can't hear us. Take it easy.

great all season? you think embley has been great all season??

he's had a couple of outstanding games (in our big wins), and numerous very, very poor ones. that's on the back of an atrociously poor year by him last year.

we will be a better side when he's no longer an automatic selection. i'd expect this to happen during the course of next year.

same goes for waters and nicoski IMO.

Why is Sumich still our forward coach?

We have such a tall forward line and so much potential marking power, yet the results just aren't there. Look at Geelong's forward efficiency, the way they lead to different spots, create space for each other and then spot up a target or kick it to the advantage of a forward in a one on one.

We have seemingly no system, our talls routinely bring their opponents into each others space and there's nothing to combat the effectiveness of a spare man in defence.

Really think we'd be a 5 goal better side with some coherent forward structures.

Yeah I was interested to hear on Fox's Teams that we play one of the tallest forward lines yet are one of the/ if not the worst teams for marks inside F50.

as to be expected, the eagles in melbourne in september at the MCG really made for a boring preliminary final.
If not for some poor umpiring last week a Carlton v Geelong prelim would have been a winner
Enjoy your Bran

allbran.jpg

Yeah I was interested to hear on Fox's Teams that we play one of the tallest forward lines yet are one of the/ if not the worst teams for marks inside F50.

i'd argue this more a result of poor delivery than poor coordination amongst the forwards.

all we really need is a clean, quick, mid with top line disposal. wells would be perfect, but it seems we missed our chance with him last year.

yarran should be the target now for mine.

What's ridiculous is that a negative thread has two hundred more posts than a positive thread in a year we played off in a prelim.

Some of these muppets were the same ones saying we had the team to beat Geelong.

More like the same ones saying that Woosha should of got the sack, Glass retired and Kerr & Cox traded

i'd argue this more a result of poor delivery than poor coordination amongst the forwards.

all we really need is a clean, quick, mid with top line disposal. wells would be perfect, but it seems we missed our chance with him last year.

yarran should be the target now for mine.

Yeah I thought so as well. But we are a good contested marking side outside of our F50. So when we bomb long down the line we can hold grabs. When those same rushed entries or bombs are into the F50 we don't have the same effect.

I just read through the entire thread and my god, some of you guys really need to watch the games with your eyes open next time.

After a season where we went from bottom to fourth, you're finding the time to come in here and pot the guys who got us this far? Poor form.

Also, does anyone else get the feeling the Eastern Hills is Adam Hunter's reincarnated goldfish?

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2011 - Sours

Remove this Banner Ad

Back