Season 2011 - Sours

Remove this Banner Ad

as to be expected, the eagles in melbourne in september at the MCG really made for a boring preliminary final.
If not for some poor umpiring last week a Carlton v Geelong prelim would have been a winner

Carlton lost to us twice this year. Both times their supporters blamed the umps. Both times they couldn't provide any credible evidence as to why they got ripped. Suck it.

After a season where we went from bottom to fourth, you're finding the time to come in here and pot the guys who got us this far? Poor form.

Also, does anyone else get the feeling the Eastern Hills is Adam Hunter's reincarnated goldfish?

Ash Smith and Ebert played a larger role than Waters in delivering us to the Prelim. I'm the goldfish? I'm bringing Waters down to level because the suggestion he's essential or a star is absurd. He wasn't our worst today but it means little.

Smith played some 18 odd games in 2011. The last four weeks we have really struggled to move the ball from defense to attack. Woosha messed with a winning Forumula by backing a player combination that hadn't played all year in the finals and it delivered no surprises for me.

Re: Waters

Those attacking the OP need to toughen up. His disposal aimply isn't acceptable.

We can't get the ball into a position to hurt the opposition, so even if he doesn't turn it over directly.

Good post and the OP on the Waters thread has a valid point about Waters kicking disposal coming out for defense and even in general play. However Waters did do a fantastic job getting so much of the ball and taking gutsy mark after mark after mark.

During the game I said "Geez Beau is getting plenty of it but we really need someone else moving it forward"

Waters perfect game is getting the posessions he did today but hand balling to a Hurn / Butler instead of him kicking it so much.

Today our game fell down as we didn't have enough gas in the tank to pressure and tackle as we had been, we also kicked long and high to space instead of actually passing the ball to someone forward. How many times did our kicks forward get cut off and easily marked by Geelong players? Plenty.

2011 has been a great result and the players have replaced the pain from finishing last with the pain of losing in a prelim, fantastic achievment. Lets hope they use this experience to drive them even higher next year and as a side use the finals experience moving forward.

Well done lads and well done coaches.:thumbsu:

i'd argue this more a result of poor delivery than poor coordination amongst the forwards.
all we really need is a clean, quick, mid with top line disposal. wells would be perfect, but it seems we missed our chance with him last year.

yarran should be the target now for mine.

I was both. At least twice I recall seeing the forward at the last second change direction as we kicked and the defender read the play and marked uncontested with his opponent 10 m away.

I think overall our fatigue and the occasion got the better of us but thats how you learn going forward.

Thankfully this one one of the lessons we needed to have and at least it wasn't in the grand final.

grandpa-simpson-yelling-at-cloud-simpsons-funny-pictures.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2011 - Sours

Remove this Banner Ad

Back