Season 2011 - Sours

Remove this Banner Ad

Fail thread lol no one really wants to bash our side after this year.

There's a few doing OK in the gameday thread, just thought I'd give them a chance to come in here and let it all out. No questions asked. :p:eek:

Today is just a terrible performance. :(

But it has a been a great year 16th to 4, and a prelim final. :thumbsu:

Although disappointed it ended like this, we have come so far this year and we should be proud.

We limped into this match, we didnt look like ourselves early on and it cost us. Too many players not 100% + underperforming players against Geelong's classy, finals-hardened, big-bodied vets = this.

But we'll be heaps better for it next year. We made it to a prelim and won a final and won 17 H&A games after coming last the year before, I think all of us would have taken that last yr!

Young Guns Good Effort, Experienced Players Disgraceful

Never have I seen such dismal footy in a prelim, and what a disappointing end to the season we see.

I think the Young Guns tried their heart out and have been overall pretty good. Nicnat amazing, doing all the ruck work and roving his own ball. Shuey had an amazing second quarter and kicked a crucial goal. Darling hasn't stopped working, most of the time has had two players on him but still got the footy. Gaff playing as a sweeping lone player, getting a lot of the defensive ball.

Now for the experienced players, hang your heads in shame. It's a battle for worst on ground at the moment, Cox or Embley. Cox looks to be carrying an injury so he at least has an excuse. Embley should've been subbed off, doesn't deserve to wear the Eagles jumper anymore in this game. Lecras has kicked a measly one goal, Lynch again done nothing. Emac has had at least 6 goals kicked against him, shouldn't have been playing and Rosa should've replaced him. Adam Selwood, not even going to bother with him.

On the other hand, Kennedy, Butler, Waters, Kerr and Priddis good job.

Oh and get ****ed umpires.

Re: Young Guns Good Effort, Experienced Players Disgraceful

Just disappointed that our ferocity at the man and footy which has been our hallmark all year was at our worst in a prelim.

I can forgive getting done dropped marks and poor disposal.

But tackling and intent is a mindset that we brought to every game bar this one

Just disappointed that our ferocity at the man and footy which has been our hallmark all year was at our worst in a prelim.

I can forgive getting done dropped marks and poor disposal.

But tackling and intent is a mindset that we brought to every game bar this one

..and the first Collingwood game.

This game reminds me so much of that game.

The MCG has way too much space for our game style. We need to realize not every game is going to be played in congestion. We need a game style at the G. We put it up to Collingwood two weeks ago but I think our game style at the G still showed holes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pathetic pressure applied today. What was it about 40 tackles of the game ?

Hope to see Smith for A. Selwood next year plus Embley for Rosa

Dean Cox injured?

Was he injured today or what? Barely noticable to be honest. The poor fella could hardly contest!

Yes, it was a sad end to a fantastic season. There were many players who couldn't make an impact today, but everyone who was out there today had contributed over the year to us getting there. Geeelong were too strong, skilled, experienced and good. No shame in losing to the best team of the last five years.

Backline lacks speed and Run.

Butler, Water, Selwood one of them have to make way for Smith who can play that role.

Swift, Unfit Strijk are the major disappointments for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2011 - Sours

Remove this Banner Ad

Back