Season 2013 Bendigo FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which bloody way are these guys heading if it is taking them that long to get to Kyneton or Bendigo mate??? Seriously their location should not be an issue for them at all. It does not take anywhere near the times you have quoted.

From Melbourne to some of the Bendigo grounds is 2 hours - 2 x 2 = 4 hours travel.
From Melbourne to Kyneton is 1 hour 15 minutes - 2 x 1 hour 15 mins = 2 and a half hours.

Most players that live in Melbourne return home - as they live in Melbourne. 4 hour round trip to lose by 20 plus goals. Not many people will do that for very long.

From Melbourne to some of the Bendigo grounds is 2 hours - 2 x 2 = 4 hours travel.
From Melbourne to Kyneton is 1 hour 15 minutes - 2 x 1 hour 15 mins = 2 and a half hours.

Most players that live in Melbourne return home - as they live in Melbourne. 4 hour round trip to lose by 20 plus goals. Not many people will do that for very long.

Plenty of blokes travel further mate

Plenty of blokes travel further mate

No doubt but are they well paid and are the teams they play for competitive?? Would they still travel for petrol money and cop weekly hidings??

What are the reasons they may close the doors due to lack of players? For me it is location and lack of funds. Have you got a different view?

No doubt but are they well paid and are the teams they play for competitive?? Would they still travel for petrol money and cop weekly hidings??

What are the reasons they may close the doors due to lack of players? For me it is location and lack of funds. Have you got a different view?

I'd put lack of funds well before location. If you have funds you get get blokes to go almost anywhere. Blokes will fly from the other end of the country. There is obviously a lot of problems but for me location isn't a big one

I'd put lack of funds well before location. If you have funds you get get blokes to go almost anywhere. Blokes will fly from the other end of the country. There is obviously a lot of problems but for me location isn't a big one

Agree - if they had the Sunbury Lions bank account they would be in the top couple of teams. But location is hurting when the kids move to Melbounre for work or Uni on top of having a tight budget. They have good juniors but lose them when they are ready for seniors.

A Kyneton boy moves to Monash Uni to study - Kyneton offer him $300 a game and the Morrabin Saints where his Uni mates are playing offer him $300. 5 hour round trip or 20 minutes? Location is massive - so now Kyneton have to pay overs to have any chance to keep him - sure if they have alot on money that is easy - but if you don't you lose a player.

When you don't have the funds - location becomes a big barrier. Obvioulsy if you are flush you can fly players from the Noosa Sharks and the Broome Dolphins in to play.

Agree - if they had the Sunbury Lions bank account they would be in the top couple of teams. But location is hurting when the kids move to Melbounre for work or Uni on top of having a tight budget. They have good juniors but lose them when they are ready for seniors.

A Kyneton boy moves to Monash Uni to study - Kyneton offer him $300 a game and the Morrabin Saints where his Uni mates are playing offer him $300. 5 hour round trip or 20 minutes? Location is massive - so now Kyneton have to pay overs to have any chance to keep him - sure if they have alot on money that is easy - but if you don't you lose a player.

When you don't have the funds - location becomes a big barrier. Obvioulsy if you are flush you can fly players from the Noosa Sharks and the Broome Dolphins in to play.

From memory when I lived up north Noosa were the Tigers, and an ex Broadford team mate spent time with the Broome Bulls, or is there two Broome clubs???

From memory when I lived up north Noosa were the Tigers, and an ex Broadford team mate spent time with the Broome Bulls, or is there two Broome clubs???
Lol - I just made up two names. Maybe I should have gone with the Southport Sharks and Karatha Kats.

Fair point :thumbsu:

How could anyone say that their location hurts them? if anything it is an advantage being half way to Melbourne. Melbourne to Kyneton is 45 min and Bendigo to Kyneton is roughly the same. If u lived on 1 side and played over the other side of Melbourne it would take longer than 45min so that cant be blamed. Melbourne blokes are used to driving 45 min on a daily basis for work so i hardly think it would worry them on a saturday if they are getting looked after by the club.

How could anyone say that their location hurts them? if anything it is an advantage being half way to Melbourne. Melbourne to Kyneton is 45 min and Bendigo to Kyneton is roughly the same. If u lived on 1 side and played over the other side of Melbourne it would take longer than 45min so that cant be blamed. Melbourne blokes are used to driving 45 min on a daily basis for work so i hardly think it would worry them on a saturday if they are getting looked after by the club.
It's 90km to Kyneton and 150km to Bendigo. 360km to train twice a week and 300km to play a game in Benidgo. Most likely a flogging and mostly likely getting paid less than other clubs can offer. Kyneton is not an attractive place to play for players that live in Melbourne. Especially with no money.

From KFNC website
OPEN MEETING
TUESDAY 29th JAN
7:00pm

The KFNC is holding an open meeting to discuss the current player situation on Tuesday 29th Jan at 7pm, at the Showgrounds.

ALL ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND
"This is the opportunity for the community to really get behind the club and show their support,"
BFNL CEO Steven Oliver

From KFNC website
OPEN MEETING
TUESDAY 29th JAN
7:00pm

The KFNC is holding an open meeting to discuss the current player situation on Tuesday 29th Jan at 7pm, at the Showgrounds.

ALL ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND
"This is the opportunity for the community to really get behind the club and show their support,"
BFNL CEO Steven Oliver

Bit late now, i wonder where they expect to pluck a competitive playing list from, with no money and at this time of year ?

Bit late now, i wonder where they expect to pluck a competitive playing list from, with no money and at this time of year ?
Bit late now u reckon?What ya suggest?fold??pray?do nothing?people like u shit me with ya negativity n potshots.Footy outside of the afl is stuffed the last thing u want is clubs folding n comps downsizing surely kyneton deserve all the help they need.Lets not forget pre 1997 gisborne had achieved very little in a once strong Rdfl but when the strong clubs left to ballarat gisborne dominated simply because the quality of comp was very poor.BTW i admire what gisborne have done in the bfl n they are a great club n very well run just give the strugglers a break i say

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit late now u reckon?What ya suggest?fold??pray?do nothing?people like u shit me with ya negativity n potshots.Footy outside of the afl is stuffed the last thing u want is clubs folding n comps downsizing surely kyneton deserve all the help they need.Lets not forget pre 1997 gisborne had achieved very little in a once strong Rdfl but when the strong clubs left to ballarat gisborne dominated simply because the quality of comp was very poor.BTW i admire what gisborne have done in the bfl n they are a great club n very well run just give the strugglers a break i say
How do you know closing the doors for a year, reducing debt and changing leagues in 2014 is not the best thing they can do? How do you know reducing the league by one team won't make it a better stronger league? You call it negative but it could be the best thing for Kyneton and the league - whether that shits you or not it would be just a guess as to what should or should not happen.

Any way you look at it, it is sad for the BFL. Big hole to crawl out of and I for one hope they do get going again.
The problem is they are not on there own. Castleamine and Maryborough are not that far behind them in numbers on the list.
How are these two sides shaping up? New coaches for both. Ay signings or news for these clubs. Without healthy competitive country teams, the BFl won't be the same.

If people know who mufassa is, can someone tell me why he hasnt been punched in the mouth ??
As irritating as mufassa is: He has put forward, some points of reference/ facts , as to why Kyneton are in trouble.
You guys seem to have forgotten, some of the crap that was dished out, on and off the field....especially 5 to 10 years ago.
No wonder, budding young footballers were encouraged to look elsewhere, by their parents...especially after watching Eve and co.
I read on here, that Kyneton are in debt......then why does the current president, claim " that money is not a problem?"....If money is not the issue, then why have Kyneton been unable to recruit players.
The fact is ; Kyneton have only themselves to blame.
I have not read one post that supports the appointment of Walsh as coach.
Its obvious to all, that Kyneton will not field a senior team in 2013 in the BFL, so the quicker we have the funeral the better, and we can all move on.

As irritating as mufassa is: He has put forward, some points of reference/ facts , as to why Kyneton are in trouble.
You guys seem to have forgotten, some of the crap that was dished out, on and off the field....especially 5 to 10 years ago.
No wonder, budding young footballers were encouraged to look elsewhere, by their parents...especially after watching Eve and co.
I read on here, that Kyneton are in debt......then why does the current president, claim " that money is not a problem?"....If money is not the issue, then why have Kyneton been unable to recruit players.
The fact is ; Kyneton have only themselves to blame.
I have not read one post that supports the appointment of Walsh as coach.
Its obvious to all, that Kyneton will not field a senior team in 2013 in the BFL, so the quicker we have the funeral the better, and we can all move on.
Kyneton was an interesting place to be when they were at there best in the 90's. the fire drums in front of the grandstand did have plenty of characters with foul mouths.
As for Walsh that's an interesting one. As a listener to the footy on the radio of a sat, I can't remember him having much good to say about the tigs for the last couple of years. I don't think he would have been a popular decision. Listening to some of his addresses to his players at an earlier club he is a bit different to the norm.

Happy to stick up for Brian Walsh, one of my favourite coaches i have had, knows how to get the best out of his players and backs them to the hilt. Certainly got the best out of me. If i wasn't well past it i'd go and help them out but unfortunetley that's not the case. I could name a few at square who would happily play for him again but are firmly entrenched at Golden Square. If he's got everything in his personal life sorted and has the fire in his belly to coach, Kyneton could do a hell of a lot worse and dare i say it be twice as good as some past coaches.

Happy to stick up for Brian Walsh, one of my favourite coaches i have had, knows how to get the best out of his players and backs them to the hilt. Certainly got the best out of me. If i wasn't well past it i'd go and help them out but unfortunetley that's not the case. I could name a few at square who would happily play for him again but are firmly entrenched at Golden Square. If he's got everything in his personal life sorted and has the fire in his belly to coach, Kyneton could do a hell of a lot worse and dare i say it be twice as good as some past coaches.

Good to hear your perspective Max. Your opinion is one that i respect. I think I mentioned that I based my opinion on the comments of another former player who's experience differed to yours. This player experienced Walsh at the end of his tenure at White Hills when things weren't vey rosey. I for one hope all goes well for him and the footy club as I have said numerous times my home club went through some very dark times and I feel for anyone that goes through it

Yeah i think he'd had enough by the time he got to white hills Roota(probably had enough by his last year at Square), do i can completly understand those comments. i remember going to watch White Hills while we had a bye and he didn't really seem too interested to be honest and was probably coaching for the wrong reasons in his last few stints. Hopefully that's sorted.
I honestly wish Kyneton all the best, i'd hate to see them fold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back