Season 2013 Bendigo FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot off the press if you want names at the Flat...Anthony Stevens spotted at Dower Park last night

Can anyone tell me what improvements has the new AFL Central regional hub have made since there inception back in April ? Apart from taking over the administration of the BFNL, I haven't see any new initiatives, improvements or benefits that the administration and commission has provided football/netball within the region in the past 6 mths, or am I cocking the gun a bit too early ???

Can anyone tell me what improvements has the new AFL Central regional hub have made since there inception back in April ? Apart from taking over the administration of the BFNL, I haven't see any new initiatives, improvements or benefits that the administration and commission has provided football/netball within the region in the past 6 mths, or am I cocking the gun a bit too early ???

Isn't the chair of the commission someone who was quite involved at your club Stormie...maybe you could pass on some of your thoughts on what they should have done/should be doing directly to him. I am sure he would be happy to listen to suggestions

Isn't the chair of the commission someone who was quite involved at your club Stormie...maybe you could pass on some of your thoughts on what they should have done/should be doing directly to him. I am sure he would be happy to listen to suggestions
Roota, these days I am not quite involved with the Storm as I used to be apart from being a member and part time supporter, due to work commitments so I am no longer involved in the inner sanctum. Yes the chair of the commission has a conflict of interest with the Strath Storm in that his son is a current player, but apart from that he isn't that much involved apart from being a member and supporter (to my knowledge). If I bump into him will give him my 2 cents worth, but would have thought that the commission would have got on the front foot and established some early wins by bringing in some new strategies and initiatives into the footy/netty this season. Maybe next season is where they will start making inroads, only time will tell I guess !!!

Heard on the grapevine that an recently retired AFL footballer will be playing in the BFNL next season. Anyone else heard the same ???

Roota, these days I am not quite involved with the Storm as I used to be apart from being a member and part time supporter, due to work commitments so I am no longer involved in the inner sanctum. Yes the chair of the commission has a conflict of interest with the Strath Storm in that his son is a current player, but apart from that he isn't that much involved apart from being a member and supporter (to my knowledge). If I bump into him will give him my 2 cents worth, but would have thought that the commission would have got on the front foot and established some early wins by bringing in some new strategies and initiatives into the footy/netty this season. Maybe next season is where they will start making inroads, only time will tell I guess !!!

Fair enough, I haven't paid a heap of attention but know that if the chairman is anything like his brothers then he would welcome any thoughts or ideas

Full credit to the Square today who came back from a 34pt half time deficit to knock off the Storm by 8pts in a great spectacle of BFNL football. Unfortunately Storm took the foot off the pedal in the third qtr and allowed the class of the Square side to shine through to give them a feint hope of winning. Some big grabs and huge plays throughout the game and hopefully Storm are able to rebound quickly in next week's prelim against the Burra. Anyone got injury update on Kellan Smith's calf ? Looks doubtful for next week....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day lads

I'm a newbie to this game, i've been reading for a while but thought it'd be cool to jump on and write some posts as it seems as though the thread needs a bit of a spark and some more contributors.

I'll throw a few questions out to see if we can spark some chat.

Has there been any names linked to Kyneton yet as a part of the revival under Adamson. Considering you would think they'd need to recruit 25 players, they'd be wanting some names signed pretty soon.

Any word on the clubs looking for coaches? South, Castlemaine, Flat? I've heard that Castlemaine are a chance to re-appoint Fitzpatrick due to lack of interest, or more to the point, lack of interest from anyone significant. I've also heard that Downie might be on the move completely from Flat, off to test his talents in the GV league.

And finally - another on the coaching topic - has anyone else heard Luke Saunders is a chance to step back into coaching next year, with former Michelson winner Matt Fitzgerald a strong chance to be a playing assistant.

Great win by the Storm boys to set up their first ever BFNL grand final appearance. Storm withstood the physical pressure of the Burra and were able to break away in the last quarter for a handy 19pt win. On the injury front going into the GF, Capt Geary has to be 50/50 at best and still a question mark over young Kel Smith returning. Hopefully it will be a dry day on Saturday for the boys to test their running game against the might of the Square. Go the STORM !

interesting appointment by the flat with jugghead taking the reigns. Will be interesting if the style of play will change as you would imagine he would have had some say in how they played last year. You would imagine he would be cheaper than a playing coach, will be interesting to see if he can get a couple of high quality recruits with the money they've saved in the appointment.

Will his old club Castlemaine go down a similar path and recruit a non playing coach, and hope that the club can persuade the best players in the district to play in the maine rather than in the MCDFL.

Square dealt a mental blow last time the two sides and expect to see the finals experience count, square by 5 goals with smithers Lloyd to continue his outstanding season setting up play across the back half to be BOG

Congratulations to the Golden Square footy club on winning their 5th consecutive flag - phenominal effort. Grand final was a great game of football and was still anyone's game at the 15min mark of the final term. Square's GF experience came to the fore in the dying stages locking down and controlling the tempo when required. Can take pride in the fact that the Stormboys never threw in the towel, despite Geary being sidelined with injury and Sharpy doing his hammy 10 mins into the match. They say you have to lose one, to win one and I have no doubt that the Storm boys will be better for the experience. On the positive, Tom Bartholomew was Storm's best IMO and took one of the most unbelievable one handed speccy's that I have ever seen. Hoping someone got that on video because it was Almost Footy legends material. Till 2014 rolls on, have a great off season and..... GO STORM !!!

Just saw Bartholomew's grab and must say that it was unreal. Looked amazing on the day but seeing it again just confirms how great it was
Agreed Roota. For those who haven't seen the footage of the "hanger", here's a link to it:

Bit of Coaching movement going on Stevens in as top dog at Kangaroo Flat, is Meade going again at Sandhurst? and Joffa jumping ship at Maryborough whats everyones thoughts on that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back