Season 2013 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

true tasman was a good game but unfortunately where Mernda did their warm up was a true sign of disrespect that was in no doubt a ploy to try to throw some of our blokes off their game that worked touché unfortunately that whole incident could have been averted if Mernda had done there warm up where every other visiting side in the competition does theirs- at the other end of the ground and to hurricane I believe the president was happy to let the incident slide if the Mernda person has no further participation for the rest of the year not just the game but I will stand corrected
BB, whilst I think the pres may have a right to request the person involved not have say anything to do with the match, I dont think he would be able to enforce a season layoff. That may be decided elsewhere.

Yeah a bit silly by our boys to warm-up down Bridges end yesterday. If we did that vs a Diamo eg would have been an
all-in pre game for sure. Maybe we were trying to unsettle you boys , but really thought it could have done the opposite & really fired the Bridges up. Not sure why we did it , but pretty arrogant on our part really.
To the game, great win by the boys , good to see Jesse back & thought young Tommy played well. Have to say IMO top 4 sides won't change , just might shuffle around positions a bit. Still say Stars will win flag & won't be surprised if we get up against Whittlesea next week. They really struggle on our smaller ground & hopefully the sprinklers are left on (accidentally) one night this week lol.

Must have been something in the air on the weekend. South Morang did their warm-up in front of the Whittlesea coaches box where the Eagles usually do theirs!! Nothing eventuated as a result.

Yeah a bit silly by our boys to warm-up down Bridges end yesterday. If we did that vs a Diamo eg would have been an
all-in pre game for sure. Maybe we were trying to unsettle you boys , but really thought it could have done the opposite & really fired the Bridges up. Not sure why we did it , but pretty arrogant on our part really.
To the game, great win by the boys , good to see Jesse back & thought young Tommy played well. Have to say IMO top 4 sides won't change , just might shuffle around positions a bit. Still say Stars will win flag & won't be surprised if we get up against Whittlesea next week. They really struggle on our smaller ground & hopefully the sprinklers are left on (accidentally) one night this week lol.
Didn't think there was a rule that says you cant warm-up in any spot on the ground or does this only apply down at Hurstbridge?

maybe so bald 1 but my question is this after the social media carry on following the previous mernda v hurstbridge game mernda warming up at that end of the ground was an attempt to either (a) intimidate or (b) incite a blue and unfortunately the latter happened, luckily the players were disciplined enough not to get involved in as i said previously it is all about having a little mutual respect.

maybe so bald 1 but my question is this after the social media carry on following the previous mernda v hurstbridge game mernda warming up at that end of the ground was an attempt to either (a) intimidate or (b) incite a blue and unfortunately the latter happened, luckily the players were disciplined enough not to get involved in as i said previously it is all about having a little mutual respect.
The rumour getting around is that the blue started because of the Mernda runner being racially abused and he took it upon himself to sought it out.

I was there watching a couple of my former team mates run around and saw the incident ... There was no racist remarks what so ever towards the runner... Don't bring race into this because its got nothing to do with the incident ! Your runner has a shocking temper! And it shows the lack of respect Mernda has towards bridge ! I'm glad you blokes aren't playing in the same division as my side as there's not a chance any div 1 side would accept what you blokes did !

(Hurstbridge have already been called out for racism twice this year )ta25 i have been to alot of your home games where your surporter are worst then most clubs so dont start bagging other club

(Hurstbridge have already been called out for racism twice this year )ta25 i have been to alot of your home games where your surporter are worst then most clubs so dont start bagging other club

Apologies if you think I was "bagging" Hurstbridge. I was just commenting in reply to an allegation (and to be honest, the full story hasn't been reported on here). I can't comment on the junior incident, but in recent times we have had difficulties in this area.

I make no apologies that I hope what is alleged hasn't occurred. The best outcome for everybody is that 'The bald 1's claim is false.

I also know for fact that bald 1 claim is false and am a little tired of hearing about these unfounded racism comments again!!!!!! i am well and truly sure there are comments made at football games everywhere that can be deemed offensive (not racially offensive because I don't believe this happens to the greater degree with the education and publicity amongst us all) none of it should be tolerated some of the language I have heard come from the crowd at some games disgusts me, and we purport to be encouraging families to come to football games pls, when we start to discourage some of the onfield carry on and off field language towards players and opposition spectators then we might start to bring more families to local football

I understand you were not bagging Hurstbridge but as you claim the allegations are unsubstantiated in reply to your comment that you have had difficulties in this area before again they have not been substantiated, same as some of the racist comments that have been overheard to one of our Asian players pls lets let the league and clubs sort out the problems and lets not rely on heresay, innuendo and news stories by the age with only one side of the story.

I've s
I understand you were not bagging Hurstbridge but as you claim the allegations are unsubstantiated in reply to your comment that you have had difficulties in this area before again they have not been substantiated, same as some of the racist comments that have been overheard to one of our Asian players pls lets let the league and clubs sort out the problems and lets not rely on heresay, innuendo and news stories by the age with only one side of the story.

I've spoken to a close friend of mine, a senior Hurstbridge player who has explained the incident, I will remove my original comment in reply to The Bald 1, as his claims seem completely unrelated to the incident that occurred.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was there watching a couple of my former team mates run around and saw the incident ... There was no racist remarks what so ever towards the runner... Don't bring race into this because its got nothing to do with the incident ! Your runner has a shocking temper! And it shows the lack of respect Mernda has towards bridge ! I'm glad you blokes aren't playing in the same division as my side as there's not a chance any div 1 side would accept what you blokes did !
He's a great bloke and would only show his temper if something was said or done to him, you may of been there watching but did you hear anything that was said to get a reaction

Diamond Creek vs Hurstbridge The Demons should put to bed any fanciful hopes the Bridges have of a finals spot.
Lalor vs South Morang A do-or-die game for both teams to remain in the middle kingdom for next season.
Mernda vs Whittlesea Even at home, can't see the Demons stopping the Eagles bandwagon heading to the top division.
Fitzroy Stars vs North Heidelberg A real toss-up with plenty to like about both teams. Maybe te Doggies a bit more experienced in big games.

I thought the STARS looked well ahead in the first half, but of course, Shane Harvey comes and does some damage.

Goal after the siren saved the match for the STARS with bad goal kicking costing a win.

Sth Morang V's Mernda. The demons should bounce back this week to win easily.
Lalor V's Fitzroy Stars. The Stars will be way too strong for Lalor.
Nth Heidelberg V's Diamond Creek. I think Nth will get over the line this week at home, starting to hit form in the back half of the season.
Whittlesea V's Hurstbridge. The eagles to continue their winning streak with a big win.
** Really looking forward to Nth V Diamo result, they have had some great battles recently with diamo having the upper hand but still think Nth will end that this week. Also think that if the Stars can put together 4 quarters of their best footy come finals time they will not be beaten!

Lalor vs Fitzroy Stars The race for the double chance means the Stars can't relax against any potential upset loses.
South Morang vs Mernda Yes, traditional rivals with the Devils to again come out on top.
North Heidelberg vs Diamond Creek This should be a ripper with the Doggies showing some real grit in recent weeks.
Whittlesea vs Hurstbridge The premiership favourites shouldn't have too much trouble in disposing of the Bridges.

full credit to our boys today with no bench left, just stumbled at the end even the whittlesea people were saying they stole it off us.
just makes the resolve that little bit stronger. their is no honour in losing but we had a real crack and showed some people that we can compete with the best teams well done to the eagles cool heads when it counted. bekker a big loss for the eagles, thanx for you hospitality after the game

full credit to our boys today with no bench left, just stumbled at the end even the whittlesea people were saying they stole it off us.
just makes the resolve that little bit stronger. their is no honour in losing but we had a real crack and showed some people that we can compete with the best teams well done to the eagles cool heads when it counted. bekker a big loss for the eagles, thanx for you hospitality after the game
It's all about the lads from the kennel hop on board coming good at the right end of the season

It's all about the lads from the kennel hop on board coming good at the right end of the season

all about the kennel you say?
a few thug acts on the field with norman getting punched in the mouth by jon green, should get 6 weeks but not caught on camera, assi throwing them behind play which leads to a red card which should end his career if found guilty? dog play if you ask me, pardon the pun

all about the kennel you say?
a few thug acts on the field with norman getting punched in the mouth by jon green, should get 6 weeks but not caught on camera, assi throwing them behind play which leads to a red card which should end his career if found guilty? dog play if you ask me, pardon the pun

Thug acts, you really need to have a good hard look at yourself. 6 weeks when the umpire was in full view and deemed it a yellow card. Assi will hopefully get cleared tomorrow night when he fronts up. Mind you we were a long way in front when both minor incidents occurred and it had no impact on the game whatsoever besides giving Creek a slight advantage with both players off the ground. Apart from that it was a great game to watch and will be a cracker if the two teams meet again in the finals.

Really looking forward to Stars V's Eagles this weekend should be a cracker if their last encounter is anything to go by. My feeling is if the Stars can put together 4 quarters of their high tempo style they will win by 4-6 goals and shore up a top 2 finish, very hard to beat on their home ground.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2013 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back