Autopsy Season 2017 - "St Kilda v Melbourne Rd 21 2017"

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats why you want to make finals even if you can win them, you get something out of it mentally. I saw us try to slow down play but we are so shit at disposal we turn it over under little pressure. I think Richo has one game plan because we don't have players who can control play through clean possession.
I think White is good at both, doesn't seem panicked and uses it cleanly. Can you turn him into a mid?

Billings needs a sports psych more than any player I have seen. He looked like he won the lottery when he converted last week.
Is that the recruiters fault for getting in so many poor kicks? 5 years of rubbish kicks drafted.

Like most I shudder when he is having a set shot at goal. I think that he is at his most dangerous as a link man into the forward 50, or applying forward pressure in there. When coming from outside 50 he seems elite and hits up targets well. Often these are fast transitions when he has been helping out down near the back 50 and he has already had 2 or 3 possessions in the chain. Could be very damaging from half back on the wing.

It's a good thought, but we gave that a spin last year and at the start of this year, and it didn't quite come off. He hit his straps when pushed deeper forward, the best being the game against Carlton where he kicked 5 straight.

He's obviously got talent, remains to be seen though where it's best used. Fix his goalkicking and I have no doubt it's high half-forward. But if we can't fix it then maybe wing or even half-back will make more sense, as you say.

Guess I'm in the minority who think we've improved this year

Yes I tend to agree, despite the poor game today. If you take a look at last years draw, if was piss easy. Add to that injuries that just didn't have last year, for me this year was always going to be about improving, but not really moving up the ladder. Couple more decent picks, and more games into our youngsters and we are def on the right path. Judge when the core is up around 70-80 games and are men, not boys.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

We are pathetic! Gone backwards this year, at the start of the year was rapt that richo was on 360 now I don't watch it he has the same answer every week, (yeah we just didn't get it right this week) time to rip fuc__n shreds of them. Harmes had 3 kicks all year and kicks 3 in the first. Fuc__en joke!
We are pathetic! Gone backwards this year, at the start of the year was rapt that richo was on 360 now I don't watch it he has the same answer every week, (yeah we just didn't get it right this week) time to rip fuc__n shreds of them. Harmes had 3 kicks all year and kicks 3 in the first. Fuc__en joke!

Of course we have gone backwards, no Roo, Armitage and Dempster will do that.

But we ended up more or less the same spot , despite it being a harder season. ( no Essendon VFL team to play twice ).

I don't hate the idea of JB running the ball out of defence and linking up. Gresham will be a very good player but he's ben shit lately. He should play on like Milne did instead of going for drop punts, it's like his mind falls apart when he thinks too long.

My favourite JB game (besides the bulldogs one obviously) was the win against Collingwood at the G last year when he floated around behind centre and pulled the strings. He ended up with over 30 and kicked a bomb from outside 50. He just completely controlled the game. it was honestly Hodge like and for the first time I thought "wow, we have a player here". I'm with you on his goal-kicking killing momentum, it has hurt us very badly this year and we need to get as many blokes away from the forward line that can't kick as possible.

Tonight Mark Fine said that he believes Jack Steven has been "nursing a groin" - his words.
Any ITK's know if there is any truth to this I wonder? Would go a long way to explaining his lack of breakaway pace and general form this season, on top of his punctured lung.

anyone else find it interesting when robberton said in his post game interview that the players had a chat to the coaches and said brandon white should be in the team cos he's a good player? Or something along those lines.. interesting if that's how it went down. Makes you think about the selection panel and how hard it was for white to win back respect after his preseason condition.
Fro what it sounded like, when they had their mid season reviews, They told him some home truths and that he should be playing but wasn't doing what was required and came back played well in the VFL and got afl games I think you've interpereted it completely wrong tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said MG

I normally wouldn't give two hoots about missing finals but I think it might have larger ramifications for the list build in a critically important year where we flick the switch to use 105% of the cap and a get a gun player

It's obvious that was the plan as we exited the first round of a strong draft last year to do that. Given we torched the 2012 draft missing the 2016 draft as well could seriously stunt the rebuild if we don't land that big fish

If we miss finals I fear it affects the ability to attract said big fish
But it doesnt for North or Carlton who are rhe two talked about for mainly Kelly and some for Lever.

Makes sense.

Of course we have gone backwards, no Roo, Armitage and Dempster will do that.

But we ended up more or less the same spot , despite it being a harder season. ( no Essendon VFL team to play twice ).
Oohh you just made Moorabbin Ghost scream

But it doesnt for North or Carlton who are rhe two talked about for mainly Kelly and some for Lever.

Makes sense.

It does kind of drop us back in the pack a bit. If I was choosing a list I'd pick Carlton's then us then Roos. If we scraped into finals and had an honourable loss it would have glossed over the brown bits and sent us to the front for a minute.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Season 2017 - "St Kilda v Melbourne Rd 21 2017"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back