Injury Season 2023 Injury updates

Remove this Banner Ad

So after all that media mayo..

Crouch is gonna miss 2/3 weeks.. and could be running on it right now as he feels 100% but Burgess has told him to take a week off as a precaution..

And… The way a few in here were carrying on it sounded like he’d snapped it clean in half in 3 places and would miss an entire year!
In his spot he cant afford to be behind anyone. He was tracking well to have his name listed in the Ones

Now he is at least 4 rounds away from playing AFL

Injury wise, we are doing very well. If we were offered to be in this space before the beginning of preseason, I think we would have taken it hands down, despite Worrell, Crouch's and Dowlings set backs, none of which appear long term. Only Worrell of these were serious round 1 contenders, and Worrell's injury gives Michalanney the opportunity to debut. Hoepfully Worrell recovers and gets fit again quickly, but we should be very thankful that we are where we are at injury wise.
For Worrell personally.. he wants to be at his fittest with contract negotiations on the near horizon.

Injury wise, we are doing very well. If we were offered to be in this space before the beginning of preseason, I think we would have taken it hands down, despite Worrell, Crouch's and Dowlings set backs, none of which appear long term. Only Worrell of these were serious round 1 contenders, and Worrell's injury gives Michalanney the opportunity to debut. Hoepfully Worrell recovers and gets fit again quickly, but we should be very thankful that we are where we are at injury wise.
My thoughts exactly, we are pretty close to best 22 for R1.

If we had Walker and Laird in the R1 team last year we might well have beaten Freo.

Geez there’s some click bait around on this broken leg

Please no one get mistaken by the difference between a small crack in the fibula (small non weight bearing bone) and a broken tibia (thick, weight bearing bone)

1 you get carried off on a stretcher with, the other requires an X-ray to determine if it is anything more than a corked muscle, he more than likely continued to try run it out.
Severe fibula fractures will definitely affect weight bearing and running. So most likely Matt’s fracture is a stress-fracture type where 1-2 weeks rest might be enough to return to training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worrell is training this morning. Only stayed for a short time but saw gollant

Could not see laird or Mcadam but
they may have been there well. Thought I saw berry but may have been wrong They did not have
Guernseys on and had hats etc which made them difficult to distinguish

Last edited:
No, expected to play SANFL this weekend. Bond is the only one listed as injured.

That doesn't sound good for Bond.

Draftee Hugh Bond remains sidelined with a knee fracture and is yet to resume running.

“Bondy is our only out this week,” Burgess said.

So Hinge was just a bad winding and not looking like missing then I suppose? Looked fairly lame running off the ground after that heavy fall.

He's been a quiet top 12 player for us this season IMO, so I really don't want to lose him for this round!

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Season 2023 Injury updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back