• 1 - 4

• 5 - 8

• 9 - 12

• 12 - 16

• Bottom 2

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Meme Reaction GIF

Both of us should be 2-0 heading into the derby imo, will be a good lead up but you should get the job done against us.
You might be right. But like some people in here, I just can't see the eagles get the spoon.

West coast will get 6-9 wins.

If anything, eagles will have a similar to freos 2017 after they went 0-10.
Dockers had 6-5 after 11 games. Then after the bye, the injuries to the older guys come in and they are replaced with kids and the heavy losses come in. Dockers ended up with 8 wins and 14 losses.

I see eagles somehow get 4-5 wins by the round 13 or 14 bye. Older players Darling, Yeo, Hurn, Kelly, Nic Nat etc will push you guys over in some wins.

Then after the bye, older players will get injured and the younger guys will take their spots. Heavy losses eventually come but eagles will win half their home state games and win an away game or 2.

Not sure how you can see WCE winning 6 games, sure they get back Allen, Cole & added hunt who are all in our best 22. But the new recruits are going to take a while to have any impact. So apart from Allen, Cole & Hunt we have the same team from last year. Doesn't Rioli look super fit at port i wouldn't be surprised he has a terrific year sadly.

Not sure how you can see WCE winning 6 games, sure they get back Allen, Cole & added hunt who are all in our best 22. But the new recruits are going to take a while to have any impact. So apart from Allen, Cole & Hunt we have the same team from last year. Doesn't Rioli look super fit at port i wouldn't be surprised he has a terrific year sadly.
McGovern, Yeo, Naitanui, Sheed.

Including the 3 you mentioned that’s 1/3 of the team.

I feel like the stale team was the one's letting us down these past couple years, through half assing it or due to injury/unfit.

The youth coming in to replace them wasn't top end XON, Foley, Jamieson, Winder, so we got routinely got flogged. Lacked talent.

Now we've got some higher picks and top end talent on our list, i'm expecting a more 2011/2018 effect and having it re-energize the team a bit. Give life to a few of the old fellas who can absorb a bit of that energy.

You've got to harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness, energy, block, bad. It's like a carousel, it goes up and around. In a circle, circular. With the music. Good things. :circustent:

I feel like the stale team was the one's letting us down these past couple years, through half assing it or due to injury/unfit.

The youth coming in to replace them wasn't top end XON, Foley, Jamieson, Winder, so we got routinely got flogged. Lacked talent.

Now we've got some higher picks and top end talent on our list, i'm expecting a more 2011/2018 effect and having it re-energize the team a bit. Give life to a few of the old fellas who can absorb a bit of that energy.

You've got to harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness, energy, block, bad. It's like a carousel, it goes up and around. In a circle, circular. With the music. Good things. :circustent:
I look forward to seeing Jai Culley's Subway ad soon

I always thought you were Chubbs not Gary.

Charcoal Chicken m8
Charcoal Chicken is in the past. Culley just wants to sit here and enjoy the one thing that makes him happy - a fresh, delicious, tasty cold cut combo.

I think we bounce back a little with 6-8 wins.
We have an easier draw, and undoubtedly, a healthier squad
We won't make the 8, but there will be some positive signs in 2023 and the years that follow

Both of us should be 2-0 heading into the derby imo, will be a good lead up but you should get the job done against us.
Pessimist is right, I’ve seen you pop up on other team’s forums bemoaning the Eagle’s efforts and gushing over opposition strengths……you really are a wet blanket, made worse by your grovelling ineptitude. Grow a back bone and stop the grovelling, it’s really quite pathetic.

Pessimist is right, I’ve seen you pop up on other team’s forums bemoaning the Eagle’s efforts and gushing over opposition strengths……you really are a wet blanket, made worse by your grovelling ineptitude. Grow a back bone and stop the grovelling, it’s really quite pathetic.
Meh I've been doing the same thing for the last 16 years, if you dont like it put me on ignore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Psycho

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think we bounce back a little with 6-8 wins.
We have an easier draw, and undoubtedly, a healthier squad
We won't make the 8, but there will be some positive signs in 2023 and the years that follow

We will bounce, of that I have not a doubt. The question is how far. With a healthy, fired up squad out to make amends, I can see us pushing into the eight, just. So sixth to eighth for me.

Meh I've been doing the same thing for the last 16 years, if you dont like it put me on ignore.

TheNewAnchor - "get a backbone"

ep2018

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

We will bounce, of that I have not a doubt. The question is how far. With a healthy, fired up squad out to make amends, I can see us pushing into the eight, just. So sixth to eighth for me.
i hope your right i cant see it myself i think bottom 4 unless they can improve at training in the new year. Fitness is still below par, the old blokes like nat & shuey are injury prone. New guys take time.

I received my Eagles 2022 Year Book today. Here is the link for anyone wanting to read it (warning - the AFL, WAFL and AFLW are all hard to read)

I must say that I wish I could give Russell Gibbs a suitable response to his article so I am posting it here.

Russell - that was a piss poor Chairman's report and well below the standard that a Chair should be communicating to its members.

Good riddance and we will be better off as a club with you focussed on Hawaiian just like Scomo was during the eastern states bushfires.

Last edited:
I don’t see us rising up the ladder next year.

We’ve lost Kennedy and Rioli which detracts heavily from our scoring capabilities. We get Allen back, but he’s coming off a long time out and will now attract the best or second-best defender.

Old, injury prone players are unlikely to all return to full fitness and former glories. Injuries like groins, calves and hammies tend to recur for old blokes.

I’m very happy with the drafting this year and I can see a few of the young guys getting a few games (when injuries hit the squad). But I doubt they’ll turn around a team that’s been mediocre for several seasons.

With Cunnington back, I can see North winning a few more games, especially with Clarkson running the show. Hawthorn could fall sharply. Essendon will be poor but better than us. Gold Coast will be better than last year. GWS may drop, but not to our level.

I don’t see us rising up the ladder next year.

We’ve lost Kennedy and Rioli which detracts heavily from our scoring capabilities. We get Allen back, but he’s coming off a long time out and will now attract the best or second-best defender.

Old, injury prone players are unlikely to all return to full fitness and former glories. Injuries like groins, calves and hammies tend to recur for old blokes.

I’m very happy with the drafting this year and I can see a few of the young guys getting a few games (when injuries hit the squad). But I doubt they’ll turn around a team that’s been mediocre for several seasons.

With Cunnington back, I can see North winning a few more games, especially with Clarkson running the show. Hawthorn could fall sharply. Essendon will be poor but better than us. Gold Coast will be better than last year. GWS may drop, but not to our level.
I actually think we're going to score pretty well.
We'll be playing much faster and won't rely on one out forward contests as much. That combined with both Darling and Allen being athletic and generally strong contested marks, along with our faster smalls/mediums having greater opportunities both over the back and rebound, I think we're going to go pretty well this year. I think Cripps will go close to career best, Ryan to rebound after a down year, along with Petch to improve greatly due to staying on the park (new S+C) and again, faster game style which will suit.

Sploosh!

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Season 2023 Predictions

Back