Official Match Thread Season 30 Second Elimination Final: Baghdad Bombers vs Dragons FFC at Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

It was one of those mystery beer advent calendars. The pumpkin ale was the first one, so I was having severe doubts about the concept until they returned to wheat/barley beers from Day 2 onwards.

Was it this one?
1605695475028.png

Swill for the thrill, :dancers: craft for the bauf :sick:

Most little piggies love the swill trough.

They do but craft is slowly getting bigger. They even closed the west end factory in Adelaide due to a shrinking market.

To be fair, that didn't seem like a massive change, as she was always a screw loose. The rest of the season was pretty much a dumpster fire though.
That's fair. I've seen it said that if it had been fleshed out better and given more time rather than just seeming to flick a switch it would have been a bit easier to swallow for some people, which I'd agree with. But regardless, yes the season was dumpster fire.

That's fair. I've seen it said that if it had been fleshed out better and given more time rather than just seeming to flick a switch it would have been a bit easier to swallow for some people, which I'd agree with. But regardless, yes the season was dumpster fire.
I defended it for much longer than other people (I thought the battle of winterfell was actually pretty incredible), but there was just so much that didn't make sense in the endings. It seemed like the showrunners simply didn't want to follow the plotlines that made the most sense because they wanted to surprise the audience. It was ultimately all a bit hollow.

Why Matt...Why! I understand variety is the spice of life but the description is enough to say fu** that!
Yeah... caramel flavoured beer, now I've heard of everything.

I defended it for much longer than other people (I thought the battle of winterfell was actually pretty incredible), but there was just so much that didn't make sense in the endings. It seemed like the showrunners simply didn't want to follow the plotlines that made the most sense because they wanted to surprise the audience. It was ultimately all a bit hollow.
Been some series/films suffer because the people behind them want to "subvert expectations" at the cost of good writing and making sense. Sucks.

Ok didn't know there was a thing called Pumpkin Alcohol.

Anything goes as a beer ingredient. I had a ramen beer that tasted like shit at a beer festival last year.

It's a big read but this is the archive of all beers over the years from that festival. There's some real ****ing weird ones

Had a jersey caramel flavoured beer once, was f*n disgusting

Jersey caramels are good but they probably used artificial flavours to make it taste like one. The red skin beer I've tried was weird but OK. They used real redskins in it!
1605696354261.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anything goes as a beer ingredient. I had a ramen beer that tasted like sh*t at a beer festival last year.

It's a big read but this is the archive of all beers over the years from that festival. There's some real ******* weird ones

Jersey caramels are good but they probably used artificial flavours to make it taste like one. The red skin beer I've tried was weird but ok.
View attachment 1014299

You really are strange.

You'll try ramen beer but turn your nose up at good, honest VB.

Ok didn't know there was a thing called Pumpkin Alcohol.
Man will always find a way...shittt dont they ferment everything to get smashed, check this out.

Incans had ritual sacrifices, chicha (corn beer) is one of the oldest beverages on earth.

And, alarmingly, it's still prepared in the traditional way, women in remote Andean villages chew maize and spit the pulp into earthenware jars of warm water, where it’s left to ferment.

P*55 heads look for houses with a red or white flag hung above the doorway, which is a sign that a fresh batch of chicha is for sale from the the lady of the house that is a little dry-mouthed.

You really are strange.

You'll try ramen beer but turn your nose up at good, honest VB.

I'll take that as a complement. I'm always happy to try new things. In the case of VB, I tried it once and never again. My snobiness is too far advanced.

Man will always find a way...shittt dont they ferment everything to get smashed, check this out.

Incans had ritual sacrifices, chicha (corn beer) is one of the oldest beverages on earth.

And, alarmingly, it's still prepared in the traditional way, women in remote Andean villages chew maize and spit the pulp into earthenware jars of warm water, where it’s left to ferment.

P*55 heads look for houses with a red or white flag hung above the doorway, which is a sign that a fresh batch of chicha is for sale from the the lady of the house that is a little dry-mouthed.

For next level wtf, look up yoni beer.

That is good sh*t.
Although when I kicked sugar to the curb for a while and came back to it I've found it a little tooo sweet. Haven't tried any other brands yet.
If you think that is sweet... don't drink a 14% beer. Had one in Sevilla once (think it was an Austrian beer and some sort of fancy beerhaus in Sevilla) and I couldn't finish it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 30 Second Elimination Final: Baghdad Bombers vs Dragons FFC at Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Back