Official Match Thread Season 33 - Round 11: Dragons FFC vs Fighting Furies at Ljp86's Lair - grand final rematch

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a great time in history to be looking to Russia for philosophy, comrade.

As Turgenev said (rhetorically) “So ... you were convinced of all this and decided not to do anything serious yourselves."

As GWS Goose would have pointed out “evil succeeds when good men no nothing”.

And the Narodniks largely handed out pamphlets advocating land to the peasants, mills and factories to the workers and freedom and equality for all, but when they found themselves unable to deal with the hardships of the country lifestyle, they quickly returned to the cities.

Back to the drawing board for you, Mr Tolstoy.
Are you serious?? LOL!! 😂😂😂

OH LIKE YOU DIDN'T KNOW!! IT'S ANOTHER ESSENTIAL JAMES COLORADO COUNTDOWN!!

THIS TIME IT'S OFFENSIVE HAND GESTURES!!

8. Thumbs up.

1650103022170.jpeg

Not really offensive in Western culture, in the Persian-cultured nations this is akin to the middle finger we all know and use far too often. Loved this picture because it's Rambo, so no explanation needed.

7. The Cutis.

1650103304436.jpeg

Mainly applies to Pakistan and north-eastern India, this symbol is a way of saying "screw you" to the recipient's entire family. Due to the highly interconnected nature of clanship in this region, it is a very dangerous gesture to perform.

You words mean nothing anymore spam whore. You are lower than TJASTA now.
You need to stop using post counts as a measurement mate. The quality of those posts is what you need to consider. 🤗

My content this week = elite 🔥🔥🔥

images.jpeg-138.jpg

5. The Ok Sign,

1650103453012.jpeg

Until recently, this gesture had only positive, if often overdone, implications in most Western cultures. It has carried a connotation of implying the recipient is an arseh*le in many Mediterranean countries and throughout the Middle East, as well as in parts of Germany and South America. Recently though, due to a 4Chan (I think) meme, this has now been coopted by many alt-Right "personalities", and was recently performed by that lowlife who went on a hate-fuelled rampage in New Zealand when he attended court for murdering innocent, defenceless people praying at two mosques. Neither his name nor his image will be reproduced here.

4. Dulya.

220px-Gesture_fist_with_thumb_through_fingers.jpg

This one I was not aware of previously. It has been recorded since the Roman Republic, and has spread to Slavic cultures and South Africa. It's purpose is to ward off the evil eye, say no to someone, or as a generic insult. There is also speculation it actually originates in Ancient India. Its meaning in Japan is sexually explicit, though seems to be rather generic rather than relating to any particular act. I suppose that by having it as a means to ward off the evil eye, the insult in it comes from the implication it provides to the recipient's morality.

How’s the Nerd Club investigation going? Figured out who our preference for admin is yet?

#KilroyIsOnTheCase
That kind of intel will cost you mate.

The last person who contracted my services unfortunately ran out of Bitcoin just as I was about to blow the whole Ponzi scheme wide open.

If you’ve got 3 out of 4 applicants in the Admin vote from the NC, then chances are you’ll get one of your boys in.

Just sayin’.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3. The Finger.

1650103988507.jpeg

I shouldn't need to provide any commentary from this. It's really quite ubiquitous.

2. The Sign of the Horns.

images

Known today as the common symbol of metal musicians and fans, often to get a cheap pop from the audience (I do fall for it every time, I won't lie), this also has an origin in many different cultures throughout the world, and ranges from another means of warding off the evil eye, to implying the recipient is a cuckold (the words for cuckold in Italian, Spanish, Greek, and Portuguese tend to literally translate to "horned one", I believe there's also a connection to a goat), through a Wiccan symbol to invoke the horned god, or even as a traditional salutation in LaVeyan Satanism, this gesture has a broad array of uses.

1. Moutza.

1650104372505.jpeg

This is also a new one to me. Holding your hand out, palm facing the recipient with all fingers spread wide, has many different meanings. In Greece, it is apparently the equivalent of the the finger in Western countries. In some West African and Caribbean countries, it is an insult predicated upon implying the amount of fathers the recipient has (thus calling their mother a whore), and in northern Iraq it means the recipient is dishonourable. The reason it is number one is die to the Persian meaning, where it connotes "dirt on your head", i.e. the subsequent death and burial of the recipient. Brutal.

Nothing wrong with it from the actor's perspective, but that wasn't the role his character played in the group. Why do the nerdy characters needs to be buffed up?
Nah, I think it made sense.
You’re regularly in life threatening situations. Lugging military gear around, and constantly running from doom.

You’d want to be as cut as possible

Ok, I think I have one more countdown in me before I go watch a movie, lol.

I'm only gonna rip myself off from a single post in the General Metal Thread, but I'll try to find appropriate YT clips for it, too.

1. Moutza.

View attachment 1375172

This is also a new one to me. Holding your hand out, palm facing the recipient with all fingers spread wide, has many different meanings. In Greece, it is apparently the equivalent of the the finger in Western countries. In some West African and Caribbean countries, it is an insult predicated upon implying the amount of fathers the recipient has (thus calling their mother a whore), and in northern Iraq it means the recipient is dishonourable. The reason it is number one is die to the Persian meaning, where it connotes "dirt on your head", i.e. the subsequent death and burial of the recipient. Brutal.
This thread makes you laugh, makes you cry and even teaches you new things. Well done!

4. Dulya.

220px-Gesture_fist_with_thumb_through_fingers.jpg

This one I was not aware of previously. It has been recorded since the Roman Republic, and has spread to Slavic cultures and South Africa. It's purpose is to ward off the evil eye, say no to someone, or as a generic insult. There is also speculation it actually originates in Ancient India. Its meaning in Japan is sexually explicit, though seems to be rather generic rather than relating to any particular act. I suppose that by having it as a means to ward off the evil eye, the insult in it comes from the implication it provides to the recipient's morality.
That’s when you playfully pinch a child’s nose and say, “Got your nose…”. They giggle and touch their nose. :cute:

That’s when you playfully pinch a child’s nose and say, “Got your nose…”. They giggle and touch their nose. :cute:

My little niece gets very annoyed with that. And very threatening.

50 posts. For some of you this is a minor blip on the radar, however this is only the third time I have reached this milestone I believe in over 200 games. Other occasions being the season 28 Grand final and a random Bombers match thread.

To celebrate, my favourite gif
easy gif1627344964120.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 33 - Round 11: Dragons FFC vs Fighting Furies at Ljp86's Lair - grand final rematch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back