Official Match Thread Season 35, Round 1 – Baghdad Bombers v Fighting Furies @ Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Marduk's best album, and in my top 10 Black Metal albums of all time (I've been asked to make that list in the General Metal Thread, but am really struggling). There's an instrumental track before this (just feedback), but this is the true opener. They played this album in full at the Corner Hotel in 2018. They came out to the most beautiful Christian song (it can be difficult to reconcile one's beliefs with their taste in music), which was then followed by that descending drum beat, and furious riffing. This may be my favourite album from Sweden.

This album marks the completion of their transition started with Opus Nocturne (oft ignored masterpiece) prior; incredibly harsh vocals, the sacrifice of melody in favour of raw brutality, and hyper-blast beats for the drumming. I listen to this album A LOT.

The classic line-up for Mayhem.

Half of them died violently. The singer shot himself (the photo is on the cover of 'Dawn of the Black Hearts'), and the guitarist was murdered (by Varg, who I've mentioned earlier; Necrobutcher, who started the band, was so disgusted by the taking of the photo's of Dead's corpse, he quit, which led to Varg being recruited. Varg played on the De Mysteriis album, which is the exemplar of Black Metal, though Necrobutcher had written the songs, and ultimately murdered Euronymus. Once the band reformed, Necrobutcher rejoined, and is still there).

When Mayhem reformed, they released the Wolf's Lair Abyss EP. Unfortunately I wasn't quite old enough to enjoy this line-up 😕 This is the line-up with one of their original vocalists, Maniac, and Blasphemer on guitars (who also composed the bulk of the next few albums). The rest of the band was the other half of the classic line-up, Necrobutcher on bass and Hellhammer on drums.

And I'll finish the night still in Norway, though moving from Oslo to Trondheim. This band came a little too late for the Second Wave, but in true tribute fashion the singer was murdered.

Good night everyone, #tuberadio as fun as ever! Not sure how active I'll be tomorrow... omgfridge Dead Space is pre-installed and ready to go!!

That was quite an education.

Nice work

Thanks 😀

I know a Furies-Bombers match thread can become a bit of a JC gatecrashing on Friday nights, but I find the posters here are very open minded and willing to indulge me in one of my favourite topics. It's why I keep Friday nights free when we play you guys. I'll save the social life for the less engaging teams.

Okay, it is real shits 'n' giggles time. Those familiar with the literal video, this its Platonic form; those not familiar, please gird your loins and have fresh undies awaiting...

That was different, tune seemed familiar … a little bit Bowie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good night everyone, #tuberadio as fun as ever! Not sure how active I'll be tomorrow... omgfridge Dead Space is pre-installed and ready to go!!
I need to go buy that now and preload. Early reviews have been good not that I needed much reason.

Feels like yesterday playing the first one. Ready to jump scare like a bitch all over.

I'm a bit late to the party but here's a song from the Perth Band, The Valentines (1966-70) with Bon Scott being one of it's two lead singers...

I'm a bit late to the party but here's a song from the Perth Band, The Valentines (1966-70) with Bon Scott being one of it's two lead singers...

Puts a whole new context to “dirty deeds done dir cheap”

James Colorado :eyes:

1674851823996.png

Video Game Horror GIF by Dead Space

For those who haven’t seen, Swamprats captain philreich has been suspended for one game because the Swamprats team sheet did not include colons. The Phoenix also copped the same consequence for using a comma instead of a hyphen on their interchange bench.

These ‘breaches’ to the team sheet template clearly do not impede the voluntary simmers at all.

The same consequence was given to a Gumbies team who broke rules which did impede simmers - a change to their team sheet after the deadline, also failing to note said change. This is clearly a worse offence than a grammar issue. Yet the penalty is the same.

This penalty to the loved philreich is an outrage. To miss a game over some colons is unfathomable. To get the same consequence as the Gumbies is unfathomable.

philreich is one of many captains in this league who volunteers his own time to keep things ticking. He shouldn’t cop a ban from the league he enjoys for this as a first offence. Why do we strip enjoyment and push away those who give it their time and energy.

We have 3 captains suspended next week. 2 of them, the Rats and Phoenix, were due to colons and commas only.

The rules are set by our committee and administrator. Kennedy Parker and our club captains simply MUST review these rules as a matter of urgency.

The committee is meant to represent every Sweet FA club - posters should be sharing their views with their captain who is meant to represent you. If you think these overbearing rules, ruining the enjoyment of many, are ridiculous - please discuss within your teams so our committee can come to a common sense decision, overturn the Phoenix and Rats captain bans and change the rules to reinstate warnings for inconsequential team sheet breaches such as colons, hyphens and commas

For those who haven’t seen, Swamprats captain philreich has been suspended for one game because the Swamprats team sheet did not include colons. The Phoenix also copped the same consequence for using a comma instead of a hyphen on their interchange bench.

These ‘breaches’ to the team sheet template clearly do not impede the voluntary simmers at all.

The same consequence was given to a Gumbies team who broke rules which did impede simmers - a change to their team sheet after the deadline, also failing to note said change. This is clearly a worse offence than a grammar issue. Yet the penalty is the same.

This penalty to the loved philreich is an outrage. To miss a game over some colons is unfathomable. To get the same consequence as the Gumbies is unfathomable.

philreich is one of many captains in this league who volunteers his own time to keep things ticking. He shouldn’t cop a ban from the league he enjoys for this as a first offence. Why do we strip enjoyment and push away those who give it their time and energy.

We have 3 captains suspended next week. 2 of them, the Rats and Phoenix, were due to colons and commas only.

The rules are set by our committee and administrator. Kennedy Parker and our club captains simply MUST review these rules as a matter of urgency.

The committee is meant to represent every Sweet FA club - posters should be sharing their views with their captain who is meant to represent you. If you think these overbearing rules, ruining the enjoyment of many, are ridiculous - please discuss within your teams so our committee can come to a common sense decision, overturn the Phoenix and Rats captain bans and change the rules to reinstate warnings for inconsequential team sheet breaches such as colons, hyphens and commas
I'd never posted a teamsheet before this season, yet I didn't make this apparent mistakes and I barely pay any attention. Sounds like you lot are a bunch of spuds.

Sounds like your Committee rep isn’t giving you the correct information.

Clubs have been notified of the breaches and the accompanying penalties, they have not yet been asked to vote if the support the imposition of said penalties.

The penalties pursuant to each breach are vastly different and there is zero effort being expended trying to suspend anyone over the use of a comma, despite it clearly failing to satisfy the easy-to-follow format for the lodging of official teams in the correct thread.

Sounds like your Committee rep isn’t giving you the correct information.

Clubs have been notified of the breaches and the accompanying penalties, they have not yet been asked to vote if the support the imposition of said penalties.

The penalties pursuant to each breach are vastly different and there is zero effort being expended trying to suspend anyone over the use of a comma, despite it clearly failing to satisfy the easy-to-follow format for the lodging of official teams in the correct thread.
The league administrator himself has said it’s a one week ban per the rules.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 35, Round 1 – Baghdad Bombers v Fighting Furies @ Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Back