Official Match Thread Season 35, Round 1 – Dragons FFC v Sin City Swamprats @ Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations on 250 Games Knifey Spoony and may you have the Footlong you most desire. Everyone loves a good Footlong (unless in jail) so enjoy!
Gee shunted to a forward pocket in a milestone game. Dragons really do not respect their stalwarts.

You should probably reinvest that gates revenue back into your marketing department. You desperately need to ramp up the campaign to continue convincing the fans how good your reigning wooden spoon-winning forward line is.

Or even convincing half of the forward line itself to show up.
We've literally won a premiership more recently than you've won a final 😘

Gee shunted to a forward pocket in a milestone game. Dragons really do not respect their stalwarts.
You hear that sataris and GotTheGoodes apparently one of your teammates believe playing in a forward pocket is a sign of a lack of respect.

Hopefully philreich can sort out the tension in the locker room.

You hear that sataris and GotTheGoodes apparently one of your teammates believe playing in a forward pocket is a sign of a lack of respect.

Hopefully philreich can sort out the tension in the locker room.
For a player who is a Notorious ruck? Yes.

Playing Eddie Betts in the forward pocket is obviously not disrespectful, playing Nic Naitanui in the forward pocket in a milestone game would be.

Playing Eddie Betts in the forward pocket is obviously not disrespectful, playing Nic Naitanui in the forward pocket in a milestone game would be.
Knifey's been playing forward pocket the last couple seasons at least, so he is the Eddie Betts in this situation.

See, this is why you require education. The #stackedsix is the greatest defensive unit in the history of league, the backbone of statistically the most dominant premiership team in SFA history.

What you are describing is JoshWoodenSpoon's rubbish content.
Fail to see what that has to do with the garbage team the rats are putting on the field this weekend. 🤔

You've also won a wooden spoon more recently than I've played a game. 😲
Some people measure greater success on premierships, others on just playing games.

To be fair, winning multiple premierships is a foreign concept to you, so I can understand why it might not make much sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strigoi has literally owned the ruck spot the last few seasons. And dominated I might add. Look forward to our favourite sheep taking another scalp here.

Hey esteemed members of the SFA community and serial_thrilla, it's finally time to start S35 and what a way to begin with Ant Bear's 300th game. For those who have not had the pleasure of knowing who Ant Bear is I will begin the season by providing some free education.

View attachment 1592713

Part 1:
1. He is a man who owns 2 Nickelback albums.
2. He once posted himself on a boat in match thread in the midst of an intoxicated ramble about being 'thr king oof thwrld'.
3. He has played 1 game with The Jet.
4. He is fat IRL.
5. He has a receding hairline.
6. He thinks 'dabbing' is cool.
7. He is widely suspected to have murdered Millky95 in order to get the Swamprats captaincy.
8. His first 8 games as captain were losses.
9. He was dumb enough to sign with the Wonders, a forever stain on his legacy.
10. He won the Beez Trophy and Mobbs Medal in the same season in S22.
11. He once hosted a werewolf game with SM.
12. He is a founding member of the Red Centre Roos, an expansion team in the BFFCL (akkaps cricket league).
13. He had more effective disposals in the first 10 minutes of his career than spookism does in his first 4 games.
14. He requested a re-sim in S25 against the Gumbies which ended careers and set the club back 5 seasons on their rebuild.
15. He turned the ball over to 3KZ is Football in the final minutes of the S25 grand final which resulted in a torpedo goal sealer.
16. He was the first ever elected SFA Administrator.
17. He is a fan of Monty Python.
18. He is a supporter of the Port Adelaide Power in the AFL.
19. He pioneered club history threads in the archives.
20. He was an irrelevant in his first 2 seasons.
21. He had segment called 'Swamprats in the news' where he would post screencaps of online news headlines and in the match thread.
22. He has won two Mobbs Medals.
23. He has 8 All-SFA selections.
24. He selected himself in the S28 All-SFA side as admin causing huge melts across the league.
25. He has previously worked in the music industry.
26. He does not like the Adelaide Crows.
27. He is a big fan of Justin Bieber.
28. He thinks he is the greatest Swamprat ever.
29. He has played 299 games.
30. He won the S25 Frankston Rover Award.
31. He thinks he has 9 All-SFA selections when he only has 8.
32. He's won many Swamprat B&Fs, mostly when he was captain.
33. The #scandal thread more than doubled in size over the course of his administration.
34. He is ranked 44th all-time in hitouts.
35. He has played in 4 draws.
36. He played in two of those draws in consecutive weeks in S23.
37. He has made 4 posts so far in this match thread.
38. He named his Bigfooty account after a synonym for an aardvark.
39. He recruited Near Kern.
40. He won his first and only premiership in Season 27.
41. He has kicked 151 behinds in his SFA career.
42. He does not post when he is selected in defense.
43. He met Dingster on the Gold Coast once.
44. He is good friends a former Dragon by the name of Sam_Malone.
45. His most frequent teammate is Power Raid.
46. His current avatar is the old Alberton Swamprats logo.
47. He averages 2.99 tackles per game.
48. He selected 69 for his jumper number, what a lad.
49. He plays for the Sin City Swamprats in the SFA.
50. He does not use Facebook.
1. philreich (C)
2. jackster83 (VC)
07. okeydoke7 (LG)
29. Grav (LG)
-. BloodySwan (LG)
00. Jewelsbon
05. edgie
7. RPCB
9. darthmann
14. GotTheGoodes
16. TheDarkDwarf
22. GremioPower
23. sataris
26. Quadzilla
27. Kirkswan
30. Ticky009
33. Marklar_33
37. Kennedy Parker
42. spookism
45. ant555
46. KinderSmock
64. Firestarter
69. Ant Bear
88. Power Raid
91. HirdsTheWord
-. Dominic03

I’m here, folks. I love Sweet and the Rats, even if I can’t stay here for long.

I just want you to know that.

rats-logo-png.1282206

Sin City Swamprats Official Team Sheet

Round 1 vs Dragons FFC @ Ljp86's Lair

B Firestarter - jackster83 - Ticky009
HB KinderSmock - Kennedy Parker - HirdsTheWord
C Dominic03 - Ant Bear - BloodySwan
HF Power Raid - ant555 - Grav
F sataris - okeydoke7 - GotTheGoodes
FOLL GremioPower - spookism - philreich
INT RPCB - darthmann

Congratulations to Ant Bear: 300 games​

Give us the flag, already!

Ant Bear, 3 votes!!

You're treading a fine line that might see you visited by my Trademark lawyers.
In the interest of avoiding a court case, I'm happy for our lawyers to meet and discuss a new moniker.

An ad

Just a reminder I am running a weekly shindig to celebrate well written and witty banter from folk across the comp.

Part of the shindig is to award a date with Mrs Malaprop for use of malaprops.

Please feel to nominate sparkling witty prose or malaprops to me. I am happily exempt!

An ad

Just a reminder I am running a weekly shindig to celebrate well written and witty banter from folk across the comp.

Part of the shindig is to award a date with Mrs Malaprop for use of malaprops.

Please feel to nominate sparkling witty prose or malaprops to me. I am happily exempt!
Something else for me to ignore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 35, Round 1 – Dragons FFC v Sin City Swamprats @ Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back