Official Match Thread Season 35, Round 1 – Las Vegas Bears v Roys FFC @ SITS

Remove this Banner Ad

If you think that is bad you better watch out for Test Tickle who is a known prankster in the showers.

View attachment 1595015
When will the hazing end?
Jim Halpert Reaction GIF

ABCS sounds like the Australia’s Best Central Scorers
That’s what most think it stands for when they see me torp snags from the wing.
But between you and me it stands for
Andrew Brayshaw Caleb Serong I’m actually their real father.
They’re only half as good as me but I still love them.

For those who haven’t seen, Swamprats captain philreich has been suspended for one game because the Swamprats team sheet did not include colons. The Phoenix also copped the same consequence for using a comma instead of a hyphen on their interchange bench.

These ‘breaches’ to the team sheet template clearly do not impede the voluntary simmers at all.

The same consequence was given to a Gumbies team who broke rules which did impede simmers - a change to their team sheet after the deadline, also failing to note said change. This is clearly a worse offence than a grammar issue. Yet the penalty is the same.

This penalty to the loved philreich is an outrage. To miss a game over some colons is unfathomable. To get the same consequence as the Gumbies is unfathomable.

philreich is one of many captains in this league who volunteers his own time to keep things ticking. He shouldn’t cop a ban from the league he enjoys for this as a first offence. Why do we strip enjoyment and push away those who give it their time and energy.

We have 3 captains suspended next week. 2 of them, the Rats and Phoenix, were due to colons and commas only.

The rules are set by our committee and administrator. Kennedy Parker and our club captains simply MUST review these rules as a matter of urgency.

The committee is meant to represent every Sweet FA club - posters should be sharing their views with their captain who is meant to represent you. If you think these overbearing rules, ruining the enjoyment of many, are ridiculous - please discuss within your teams so our committee can come to a common sense decision, overturn the Phoenix and Rats captain bans and change the rules to reinstate warnings for inconsequential team sheet breaches such as colons, hyphens and commas

These ‘breaches’ to the team sheet template clearly do not impede the voluntary simmers at all.

The same consequence was given to a Gumbies team who broke rules which did impede simmers - a change to their team sheet after the deadline, also failing to note said change. This is clearly a worse offence than a grammar issue. Yet the penalty is the same.

This penalty to the loved philreich is an outrage. To miss a game over some colons is unfathomable. To get the same consequence as the Gumbies is unfathomable.

philreich is one of many captains in this league who volunteers his own time to keep things ticking. He shouldn’t cop a ban from the league he enjoys for this as a first offence. Why do we strip enjoyment and push away those who give it their time and energy.

We have 3 captains suspended next week. 2 of them, the Rats and Phoenix, were due to colons and commas only.

The rules are set by our committee and administrator. Kennedy Parker and our club captains simply MUST review these rules as a matter of urgency.

The committee is meant to represent every Sweet FA club - posters should be sharing their views with their captain who is meant to represent you. If you think these overbearing rules, ruining the enjoyment of many, are ridiculous - please discuss within your teams so our committee can come to a common sense decision, overturn the Phoenix and Rats captain bans and change the rules to reinstate warnings for inconsequential team sheet breaches such as colons, hyphens and commas

I think you posted this in the wrong thread mate.

This is the Roys/Bears match thread.

For those who haven’t seen, Swamprats captain philreich has been suspended for one game because the Swamprats team sheet did not include colons. The Phoenix also copped the same consequence for using a comma instead of a hyphen on their interchange bench.

Guess he got ****ed... in the colon

Seems a bit severe, but we need to realise that punctuation saves lives.

CE618F7E-AC0C-4649-A268-F34F8C7B9079.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“I spy with my little eye, something beginning with P”

“People?”

“No”

“Peaches?”

“No”

“Philreich?”

“No”

“Pedantry?”

“Yes!”

Last edited:
Reminds me of his time as admin
S18-20 was exceptionally high quality posting. Some of the best players the league has seen were at their peak.

Two new teams were admitted into the league.

The first ever charity fundraiser was held, raising over $1k for beyondblue.

The committee was streamlined to one rep per team, still in place now.

The multi simmer system was introduced, stamping out both cheating and unfair banter.

Communication was enhanced allowing all Sweet FA players to have a say on key issues such as season length, start dates, etc.

Happy to cop any comments RE my posting, playing legacy, persona - it’s all part of the fun. But I gave up a lot of my time over 3 seasons to run the place, and I did it as well as I could. Happy to have had the chance to run the place as well as I could to build on and sustain the league I’ve loved. There won’t be many who were around then who’d say the league was in worse shape then than the last 10 seasons or so.

Anyway - I’ve stayed out of Sweet politics for a long time. But I’ve dived back in to fight against the pedantry which is sapping the enjoyment from people I like and respect.

S18-20 was exceptionally high quality posting. Some of the best players the league has seen were at their peak.

Two new teams were admitted into the league.

The first ever charity fundraiser was held, raising over $1k for beyondblue.

The committee was streamlined to one rep per team, still in place now.

The multi simmer system was introduced, stamping out both cheating and unfair banter.

Communication was enhanced allowing all Sweet FA players to have a say on key issues such as season length, start dates, etc.

Happy to cop any comments RE my posting, playing legacy, persona - it’s all part of the fun. But I gave up a lot of my time over 3 seasons to run the place, and I did it as well as I could. Happy to have had the chance to run the place as well as I could to build on and sustain the league I’ve loved. There won’t be many who were around then who’d say the league was in worse shape then than the last 10 seasons or so.

Anyway - I’ve stayed out of Sweet politics for a long time. But I’ve dived back in to fight against the pedantry which is sapping the enjoyment from people I like and respect.
CHEATING! You had to bring that up didn’t you! Nothing was ever proven in relation to Tricky Dixon, his supplements and Elite Qooty Management.

Rumours have been circulating that Tricky Dixon has been spotted in the Donbas region of the Ukrainian providing supplements to members of the Wagner Group. This is great news for those of us who were concerned that he had met with foul play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 35, Round 1 – Las Vegas Bears v Roys FFC @ SITS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back