Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: Gumbies FFC v Baghdad Bombers at The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Running isn't even in Jabba73 list of attributes, falling asleep leaning against a post is something I consider him an expert at.
think of the space he's guarding, it's genius!

Ahead of my time mate.

Now when someone plays the “goalkeeper” role to stop a score, they are a “genius” who knows how to “be in the right spot at the right time”.

Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

Ahead of my time mate.

Now when someone plays the “goalkeeper” role to stop a score, they are a “genius” who knows how to “be in the right spot at the right time”.
were unbeatable at this rate!

What is it mate?

Start running and don't so until the catcher car passes you:

THIS RUN IS TRULY FOR EVERYONE

We do not have a fixed distance. In the Wings for Life World Run, you get chased by a moving finish line – the Catcher Car. You can run as far and as fast as you want. Once overtaken, you are a finisher! At the very same time people from all around the globe are running, walking or rolling with you. Wherever they want. Either with the App or at a Flagship Run. Together, we run for those who can’t. For people who can’t enjoy the freedom of moving their body. We run to help find a cure for spinal cord injury.

Historic records at the Wings for Life World Run​

Giorgio Calcaterra
  • The victory of Italian ultra-depth runner Giorgio Calcaterra at the 2016 Wings For Life World Run marked the official record for the race: 88.44 km. For the first time, the Catcher Car had to increase its speed to 35 km/h to catch up with him. His feat has still not been beaten, despite the many editions that have followed.

Aron Anderson
  • As the race is open to everyone, it enabled paraplegic Aron Anderson to set one of the most impressive records. In the 2017 edition, the Swede covered 92.14 km in the heat of Dubai, in a "normal" wheelchair (racing chairs are not allowed).

Dominika Stelmach
  • That same year in Santiago, Chile, Dominika Stelmach set the women's record, which has still not been beaten to this day. With 68.21 km on the clock, she beat the achievements of Kaori Yoshida (65.71 km) and Karin Freitag (59.08 km).l

---

They used to televise it and it was quite impressive to watch, and I volunteered with the Melbourne race one year where I was at one of the drinks stations

A crazy test for those who enjoy running

Start running and don't so until the catcher car passes you:

THIS RUN IS TRULY FOR EVERYONE

We do not have a fixed distance. In the Wings for Life World Run, you get chased by a moving finish line – the Catcher Car. You can run as far and as fast as you want. Once overtaken, you are a finisher! At the very same time people from all around the globe are running, walking or rolling with you. Wherever they want. Either with the App or at a Flagship Run. Together, we run for those who can’t. For people who can’t enjoy the freedom of moving their body. We run to help find a cure for spinal cord injury.

Historic records at the Wings for Life World Run​

Giorgio Calcaterra
  • The victory of Italian ultra-depth runner Giorgio Calcaterra at the 2016 Wings For Life World Run marked the official record for the race: 88.44 km. For the first time, the Catcher Car had to increase its speed to 35 km/h to catch up with him. His feat has still not been beaten, despite the many editions that have followed.

Aron Anderson
  • As the race is open to everyone, it enabled paraplegic Aron Anderson to set one of the most impressive records. In the 2017 edition, the Swede covered 92.14 km in the heat of Dubai, in a "normal" wheelchair (racing chairs are not allowed).

Dominika Stelmach
  • That same year in Santiago, Chile, Dominika Stelmach set the women's record, which has still not been beaten to this day. With 68.21 km on the clock, she beat the achievements of Kaori Yoshida (65.71 km) and Karin Freitag (59.08 km).l

---

They used to televise it and it was quite impressive to watch, and I volunteered with the Melbourne race one year where I was at one of the drinks stations

A crazy test for those who enjoy running
It's an awesome event

It's an awesome event

I'm not a runner & would definitely be one of the first caught

That's why I've volunteered with it in the past, to try and have some involvement

I loved when it was televised, some of the stories they shared were just so inspirational

… I got signed up for one of those corporate fun runs and I'm a very competitive person with multiple guys on my team who run marathons.

I do not like losing
Get over it and thank me later.

That stuff kills people.
The best thing about running is telling people you run.
Which reminds me, did I ever tell you about the time I ran the New York marathon
Anywhere near 2 and a half?

But yes, it nearly killed me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get over it and thank me later.

That stuff kills people.

Anywhere near 2 and a half?

But yes, it nearly killed me.
A 2 and half hour marathon! That is amazing by any measure.
My best is 3 hours 12.
That was a long long time ago!
I'm no where near that these days

IMG_7434.jpeg

The Grand Uncle Horace Tribute edition

IMG_7435.jpeg

I have always liked the cello. It resonates in our chest, our breath and heart beat.

I have always loved meditating over a beer in a public bar. Not one of those dreary grey pine and stainless steel flogging crap parmigiana and dregs beer shopping mauled mall "bars".

Gimme gimme gimme an old front bar with a scarred wooden bar and creaking care worn faces with random teeth and u-turn noses. Gimme the scent of brave young women rellos who 50 and 60 years ago who demanded their right to share the hallowed altar of the public bar. They wore hats and king gees, got arrested, bashed and then accepted. it was the way of the public bar.

Here are the Saints - not the shocking Footy Club, but the band. Enjoy or not.

IMG_5085.jpeg

#nightshift

Pamcake1

Where you at Sista?

A Wayneo Story Pt 2

Long before his mighty journey, WW had earned the nickname "Bung Fritz" or Bunger.

Most of you folk think the high point of Jellyback SA cuisine is the pie floater but really it is "Bung Fritz". This is indeterminate sausage meat preserved and stuffed into a sheep's appendix. (Sorry KohPhi I hope you don't read this). Wayneo grew up on the stuff and slowly came to resemble it.

Such was his love for Fritz he sponsored a band and wrote the attached.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: Gumbies FFC v Baghdad Bombers at The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back