Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 10 : Ophidian Old Boys v Baghdad Bombers at Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve been doing some high altitude training in Sapa & now ready for this game :)
BOG for you mate after all that Vietnamese food you've been eating. Did you manage to track down any Guinness over there?

BOG for you mate after all that Vietnamese food you've been eating. Did you manage to track down any Guinness over there?
There are a few Irish pubs around
But, I was too dedicated to my training regime :p

There are a few Irish pubs around
But, I was too dedicated to my training regime :p
Seems there's Irish pubs everywhere, what a great country helping the world out like that.

Oooh! Where did you stay?
The accommodation itself wasn’t anything special, but Sapa was an interesting place.

I climbed the stairs near to heaven at Fansipan, weird name, 3,143m above sea level. Amazing views above the clouds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The accommodation itself wasn’t anything special, but Sapa was an interesting place.

I climbed the stairs near to heaven at Fansipan, weird name, 3,143m above sea level. Amazing views above the clouds
First time I was there, I stayed in a big hotel opposite the lake. Didn't do much for me, and I was less than impressed to find that the advertised breakfast from 7am was actually cleaned out by the busloads of Chinese tourists who had descended like locusts at 6:45 and there was just the grey wallpaper paste "porridge" and stale white "toast" left.

Second time I stayed at the Elysian, a family-run hotel and restaurant round the back and down the hill. Stayed two nights, stayed overnight in Lào Cai in another big hotel, then cancelled all my plans and went back to the Elysian for three weeks. Was going to Điện Biên Phủ and loop around Laos but decided to base myself in Sa Pa and just go for day trips and chill. Great decision.

It's good to feel like I'm at the Ritz.
Looks more like the old George Hotel back in the early 70’s, the urinals were a fraction different back then, they were the flower pots in the corner. 😳

First time I was there, I stayed in a big hotel opposite the lake. Didn't do much for me, and I was less than impressed to find that the advertised breakfast from 7am was actually cleaned out by the busloads of Chinese tourists who had descended like locusts at 6:45 and there was just the grey wallpaper paste "porridge" and stale white "toast" left.

Second time I stayed at the Elysian, a family-run hotel and restaurant round the back and down the hill. Stayed two nights, stayed overnight in Lào Cai in another big hotel, then cancelled all my plans and went back to the Elysian for three weeks. Was going to Điện Biên Phủ and loop around Laos but decided to base myself in Sa Pa and just go for day trips and chill. Great decision.
Yeah, Vietnam is like that

Most of the time you are better off with the smaller accommodations, value for money - otherwise you can pay up & go for the resort places. Those in betweeners are hit & miss

Or you can ask to stay here

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 10 : Ophidian Old Boys v Baghdad Bombers at Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back