Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 13: Coney Island Warriors v Ophidian Old Boys at Van Cortlandt Park [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

28CIW3c01aa72ee6daa31.png Offical Logo.png
Last time they met: Season 36, Round 13
In what was one of the worst games the Coney Island Warriors ever played, the Old Boys piled on 13 goals in the first half while it took the Warriors 49 minutes just to have anything on the scoreboard. Coney Island would end up with a little over 30 points which was enough to stave off a 100-point thrashing but it was an Ophidian day to remember as Tigerturbulance Mrs Turbo and Fleabane trio helped lead the assimilation of the Warriors.

What I want to talk about though is the fact that it’s October. In sporting terms, October means a lotta things, so let’s focus on Baseball specifically. The Brooklyn Cyclones are a Minor League Baseball team that plays out of a ball park right outside of Coney Island that have more success than the Warriors since the Cyclones became League Champions in 2019. This was the first time a team in Brooklyn won something in Baseball since 1955, when the Brooklyn Dodgers beat the Yankees so hard in the World Series that the Dodgers got kicked outta town, Billy Joel wrote a song about it and Disney named a dog after them (voiced by Billy Joel).

Nowadays, the Dodgers are based in Los Angeles where they’ve had a little bit more success there. I mean, if you can even call being the second richest MLB franchise a “success”, they’re the ones trying to get more fans by getting the attention of VTubers and squidbillies. Meanwhile, Brooklyn is now looked after by the New York Mets, the sixth richest MLB franchise and a team that hasn’t won a World Series since that time one of the all-time great First Basemen got nutmeg’d because it’s fun to make fun of Boston. The Mets also have Spider-Man as a fan as well as retired Maccas mascot Grimace, which I’m sure Braklet will elaborate on further.

Anyhow, Tonga Bob Tigerturbulance Make sure that the teamsheet is correct and posted before Friday at 3 am AEDT and remember, it’s not always about who wins on Friday 3, it’s all about THE METS BABY! LOVE THE METS! ALRIGHT BABY, LET’S GO GET A HOME RUN BABY! LOVE THE METS, LET’S GO METS!​

Door Open Arrive GIF by The Traitors Australia

The Mets also have Spider-Man as a fan as well as retired Maccas mascot Grimace, which I’m sure Braklet will elaborate on further.

Anyhow, Tonga Bob Tigerturbulance Make sure that the teamsheet is correct and posted before Friday at 3 am AEDT and remember, it’s not always about who wins on Friday 3, it’s all about THE METS BABY! LOVE THE METS! ALRIGHT BABY, LET’S GO GET A HOME RUN BABY! LOVE THE METS, LET’S GO METS!​

Mets suck ass.

GO DODGERS!

Nice OP FootyGuy13, so glad for the delay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2141600View attachment 2141601
Last time they met: Season 36, Round 13
In what was one of the worst games the Coney Island Warriors ever played, the Old Boys piled on 13 goals in the first half while it took the Warriors 49 minutes just to have anything on the scoreboard. Coney Island would end up with a little over 30 points which was enough to stave off a 100-point thrashing but it was an Ophidian day to remember as Tigerturbulance Mrs Turbo and Fleabane trio helped lead the assimilation of the Warriors.

What I want to talk about though is the fact that it’s October. In sporting terms, October means a lotta things, so let’s focus on Baseball specifically. The Brooklyn Cyclones are a Minor League Baseball team that plays out of a ball park right outside of Coney Island that have more success than the Warriors since the Cyclones became League Champions in 2019. This was the first time a team in Brooklyn won something in Baseball since 1955, when the Brooklyn Dodgers beat the Yankees so hard in the World Series that the Dodgers got kicked outta town, Billy Joel wrote a song about it and Disney named a dog after them (voiced by Billy Joel).

Nowadays, the Dodgers are based in Los Angeles where they’ve had a little bit more success there. I mean, if you can even call being the second richest MLB franchise a “success”, they’re the ones trying to get more fans by getting the attention of VTubers and squidbillies. Meanwhile, Brooklyn is now looked after by the New York Mets, the sixth richest MLB franchise and a team that hasn’t won a World Series since that time one of the all-time great First Basemen got nutmeg’d because it’s fun to make fun of Boston. The Mets also have Spider-Man as a fan as well as retired Maccas mascot Grimace, which I’m sure Braklet will elaborate on further.

All I got out of this was that us OOB are equivalent to the great Dodgers, right? And the poor Mets are still pretending they’re great?

Something something hello warriors

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 13: Coney Island Warriors v Ophidian Old Boys at Van Cortlandt Park [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back