Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 2: Coney Island Warriors v Gumbies FFC at Van Cortland Park

Remove this Banner Ad

You better. This isn't like watching little Timmy in the kiddie leagues, you gotta watch someone of Dinsdale's size do a cartwheel.
It must have happened when The Donald moved me from here to there on the field, and then back to here again. Gotta admit though I should have at least felt the tremors in the earth.

Psst, I’m from the future. Here to tell you that thewizardmelon sucks at tipping and won’t make the top 10 of Dinsdale tipping comp, or anywhere near the top of Bovo bovball, but I do know the Qooty outcomes and sadly the Fumbles lose to the Warriors by [redacted] points.

Have a great match thread, folks

I think I might start learning the drums.

ba-dum-tsss-drum.gif
Ok Dr Worm

Two upset winners from last week go head to head at Van Cortland Park,

Coney Island Warriors led by Tonga Bob versus the Gumbies who have Falconista in charge.

In what should be a close game, I had separating these two combatants, so sent a message to Warner Bros to see if I could get a celebrity to help pick a winner. Well I was luck as Porky Pig was out visiting a cousin and was only too happy to help.

View attachment 2063180

The winner looks to be the Warriors

Good luck to both sides.

Captains please note Team Sheets are due by 11:59pm AWST Thursday

( Captains if you need me to tag you about the above message, please PM me)

Footnote ** I will not be held responsible for naming any wrong captains, spelling or punctuation marks.
Nice to be back, finally, Grav said we lost because of my absence?

Psst, I’m from the future. Here to tell you that thewizardmelon sucks at tipping and won’t make the top 10 of Dinsdale tipping comp, or anywhere near the top of Bovo bovball, but I do know the Qooty outcomes and sadly the Fumbles lose to the Warriors by [redacted] points.

Have a great match thread, folks

Wizard Of Oz GIF

know your opponents.png
Agent93 Barrybran brian_muz Dinsdale FootyGuy13 Frankston Rover Freofalcon Lord_Flashheart Mesc Mofra Ocha905 pantskyle Paracleet Piggy Smalls Purple7x08_24 raffrox Raveneyes Reginald Perrin SBYM Smoooothy Snuffaluphagus spudmaster Stokey The Filth Wizard TheInjuryFactory toxic TubbsFarquhar Volbeat zackah

1722324132502.png

Hey there Wazzas, we've come to the time of the week where we get to know this week's opponents in a segment that is called... Know Your Opponents. The Guinness World Record comparison was such a hit last week that we'll do it again. May not have the same result but the week is still young.

I asked former Gumby and now Coney Islander Barrybran what it's like to be a Gumby. Once he took the Luigi Savadamoneyesqe handkerchief off his head and unclenched his fists, he told me that all about the malleability. These guys get into positions that would make Sting jealous, so with that in mind I would like to introduce you to two people.

The first person is Liberty Barros, a 15 year old girl from Peterborough in England who holds many records for flexibility including the most chest to floor backbends in 30 seconds (a moved called the Liberty Lowdown in honour of her) who features on the cover of the 2024 edition of the Guinness World Records book.

1722324151722.png

The other person I wish to introduce you to is Daniel Browning Smith, aka The Rubberboy. Born and raised in Meridian Mississippi in the USA, Daniel knew he was a freak when he used to jump off his tip bunk bed and land in a straddle split. Diagnosed with hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, he also holds multiple Guinness World Records for flexibility and has been in several TV shows such as CSI (both the original and the NY variety), Carnivale and Monk along with films such as Kiss Kiss Bang Bang & You Don't Mess With The Zohan. He also starred in the off-Broadway version of the hit play The Lives And Crimes of Erwin Schrödinger, where he played the role of the cat.

1722325280558.png

Enjoy your week fellas!​

View attachment 2063672
Agent93 Barrybran brian_muz Dinsdale FootyGuy13 Frankston Rover Freofalcon Lord_Flashheart Mesc Mofra Ocha905 pantskyle Paracleet Piggy Smalls Purple7x08_24 raffrox Raveneyes Reginald Perrin SBYM Smoooothy Snuffaluphagus spudmaster Stokey The Filth Wizard TheInjuryFactory toxic TubbsFarquhar Volbeat zackah

View attachment 2063690

Hey there Wazzas, we've come to the time of the week where we get to know this week's opponents in a segment that is called... Know Your Opponents. The Guinness World Record comparison was such a hit last week that we'll do it again. May not have the same result but the week is still young.

I asked former Gumby and now Coney Islander Barrybran what it's like to be a Gumby. Once he took the Luigi Savadamoneyesqe handkerchief off his head and unclenched his fists, he told me that all about the malleability. These guys get into positions that would make Sting jealous, so with that in mind I would like to introduce you to two people.

The first person is Liberty Barros, a 15 year old girl from Peterborough in England who holds many records for flexibility including the most chest to floor backbends in 30 seconds (a moved called the Liberty Lowdown in honour of her) who features on the cover of the 2024 edition of the Guinness World Records book.

View attachment 2063691

The other person I wish to introduce you to is Daniel Browning Smith, aka The Rubberboy. Born and raised in Meridian Mississippi in the USA, Daniel knew he was a freak when he used to jump off his tip bunk bed and land in a straddle split. Diagnosed with hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, he also holds multiple Guinness World Records for flexibility and has been in several TV shows such as CSI (both the original and the NY variety), Carnivale and Monk along with films such as Kiss Kiss Bang Bang & You Don't Mess With The Zohan. He also starred in the off-Broadway version of the hit play The Lives And Crimes of Erwin Schrödinger, where he played the role of the cat.

View attachment 2063719

Enjoy your week fellas!​

What's the general gist of this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 2: Coney Island Warriors v Gumbies FFC at Van Cortland Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back