Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 2: Coney Island Warriors v Gumbies FFC at Van Cortland Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Do they also have CC & Dry on special - a much easier drinking option
If it's a 4/6 pack to take home, I'm whatever whiskey & dry is the cheapest option kinda gal šŸ˜‚

The other drink I've really got into over the past couple of years is (alcoholic) ginger beer - I grew up drinking Bundaberg ginger beer and that's still a go to softy option

The alcoholic ginger beer options seem to have vastly improved over recent years & that's another easy drinking option on a night out
Good taste :love: Loved it when the local started having it on tap when it became a thing, rather than the most watered down beer I could find. Such a lovely Summer beverage.

Also love the alcoholic ginger beers as I enjoy the non alcoholic ones, but the price can hurt the wallet a bit.

A lot of those alcoholic ginger beers have an eye watering sugar content though. Makes Spearmint/flavoured Milk look like the healthy option.
Yup and this. Wouldn't want to be knocking back a handful of them at a time, regardless of how nice they are.

First drink I got drunk on was ouzo

Would not recommend
Still love a nip of it with the evening meal* in the colder months. Or half a bottle of it when out on the town :grinv1:

*#NotaWog

Can Freo win at the MCG when it matters most?
Sure, why not?

In honour of the late, great former Warrior Dav/kdavva74/big_icky

ezgif-7-575bda05bcf8-gif.1131153
He had four (4) good runs.

That's the type of flavour profile I like

I'm heading out west for next week's match, so I'll add Wilsons to my must try list and keep a look out for it
Can't remember where I bought it think it was through Coles outlets. But it's a local Albany brewery. They do all sorts of products. I really only drank their ginger beer and cider. Didn't like their IPA, but I'm not a beer dirker

Had too much time on my hands so worked out what I've seen Buscemi in. Here's the list -

Lonesome Dove
Pulp Fiction (although I can't recall him in it tbh)
He was the waiter playing Buddy Holly

buscemi 163.gif
Billy Madison
Fargo
The Big Lebowski
The Wedding Singer
Monsters Inc. (voice)
Big Fish
The Sopranos
Paris, I Love You
30 Rock
Last Week Tonight
The Death of Stalin (probably my favourite of his roles as Khrushchev)
Curb Your Enthusiasm

There's so many, kinda shameful, gaps too. Such as Reservoir Dogs, the early Coen Bro's films, Homicide: Life on the Street and Boardwalk Empire.

In short, what an actor šŸ‘
Watched The Death of Stalin a couple of weeks ago. Loved it!

Can't remember where I bought it think it was through Coles outlets. But it's a local Albany brewery. They do all sorts of products. I really only drank their ginger beer and cider. Didn't like their IPA, but I'm not a beer dirker
Whatever you're downing seems to be doing the trick!

Just quietly, love the spiced ginger beer that pops up around Christmas time in the supermarkets, although seems available much more often nowadays too.

Does anyone actually look at the nutritional information on alcoholic beverages?
I'm one of those people who reads packaging of all types (mainly for Country of origin). Sometimes that means glancing past the nutritional stats.

I'm one of those people who reads packaging of all types (mainly for Country of origin). Sometimes that means glancing past the nutritional stats.
I only just found out and feel dumb for it but the spinach wraps are nothing but colouring.

He was the waiter playing Buddy Holly
Oh wow! I'd have never have guessed that but it's typical off his standing as the ultimate character actor. I really should give Pulp Fiction a rewatch since I've been listening to a 4+ hour (4!) podcast on it all week -

Watched The Death of Stalin a couple of weeks ago. Loved it!
It's bonkers haha. Buscemi aside I loved the introduction of Zhukov. It's also a metaphor for the impending Wazza seizure of power in Sweet this season.

I only just found out and feel dumb for it but the spinach wraps are nothing but colouring.
Salt and Vinegar chips contain precisely 0.00% vinegar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of crisp green notes in the wallet. Go you!
Oh ****, I didn't even notice. I know what you're thinking. I strategically placed that for reactions.

How on earth do they manage to get that God-awful taste to them then?
Dunno, but you have to be aware of how they market products with buzzwords and all sorts of nonsense. What matters is the material in the product.

Aldi sell a clone of cornettos called a desert or something and it's not even ice cream

You can rest assured everything you encounter at Coney Island this week has been locally manufactured by underpaid, overworked internationals.

Ocha905 I'm going to watch Twenty Bucks with Buscemi later this weekend. Just downloaded it.
On ya. I haven't seen it so look forward to your review on the Media and Entertainment board. This year has been a rough one for film (seen probably less than 10) but Reservoir Dogs has been bumped to the top of the queue.
Currently watching The Expanse which is very good but not great 2 seasons in.

How on earth do they manage to get that God-awful taste to them then?
You mean that wonderful taste, particularly if Samboy.

It's citric acid and something else (possibly depending on the brand) if memory serves correct.

You mean that wonderful taste, particularly if Samboy.

It's citric acid and something else (possibly depending on the brand) if memory serves correct.
shudders it's like sticking your tongue on a 9volt battery!

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 2: Coney Island Warriors v Gumbies FFC at Van Cortland Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back